Offseason Coaching Changes

WarEagle2423

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nothing is cozier that a wood stove.  It's messy though. Not a good fit with carpets.

I hate carpet. The worst possible choice or invention to put on a floor in the history of the world. But burning wood is messy and not great for air quality either. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Lets get back to talking about any chance of any coaching changes being made after signing day. We a Special Teams coach on the field.

If any body knows anything I'm good to talk about it..but right now I think there is agreement that something should be done...but beyond that it's all guesswork so what's the use? 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

If any body knows anything I'm good to talk about it..but right now I think there is agreement that something should be done...but beyond that it's all guesswork so what's the use? 

Something should be done???

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Something should be done???

I was referring to the special teams issue.....maybe has been dealt with but not sure.....doubt  any of our guys will leave...but might learn more next week....and do we have a full staff now?  

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was referring to the special teams issue.....maybe has been dealt with but not sure.....doubt  any of our guys will leave...but might learn more next week....and do we have a full staff now?  

I think so. Didn’t think about ST. We do need improvements. Probably have the staff to handle it. Hope so anyway. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

At this point, if any other changes are going to happen, it will be after signing day.

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I see one change if we have any at all. But hey, that's not a 100%.

Who do you think

By the way....anyone needed free firewood can give me a call....have a wooded back yard with enough downed trees to keep everyone warm for a few years....nice mature oaks for the most part and they are a few years old now so the wood will be great for burning.  Fair warning however, they are on a slope of about 45 degeees and you might need to rope yourself down to them....and of course the slope is the reason they are still available.  

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Who do you think

Not a4e but I’m thinking: Rocker will come back and be elevated to D coordinator; Tuberville will replace this dude Greene as AD and expand the stadium to 105k seats, put orange face masks back on the helmets, and schedule Oklahoma/Notre Dame/Ohio State in successive openers; Gus will be fired and erased from the AU record books and our collective memories. I anticipate this all happening before spring practice starts.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

By the way....anyone needed free firewood can give me a call....have a wooded back yard with enough downed trees to keep everyone warm for a few years....nice mature oaks for the most part and they are a few years old now so the wood will be great for burning.  Fair warning however, they are on a slope of about 45 degeees and you might need to rope yourself down to them....and of course the slope is the reason they are still available.  

Get 'em to a level spot in Tallapoosa County Alabama and I'll take it from there. :)

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Get 'em to a level spot in Tallapoosa County Alabama and I'll take it from there. :)

IF I could get them to a level spot anywhere,  they would be no problem.   Good thing about having a heavily wooded mountain lot is when ice or wind takes a tree down you just let nature deal with it.  

7 hours ago, fredst said:

Not a4e but I’m thinking: Rocker will come back and be elevated to D coordinator; Tuberville will replace this dude Greene as AD and expand the stadium to 105k seats, put orange face masks back on the helmets, and schedule Oklahoma/Notre Dame/Ohio State in successive openers; Gus will be fired and erased from the AU record books and our collective memories. I anticipate this all happening before spring practice starts.

Dude, there is NO WAY they are doing orange facemasks. 

On 2/3/2018 at 6:18 PM, AU64 said:

Unless, it was part 1, Gus hired someone to handle the ST issue.

He is Jonathan Rutledge who was ST analyst at Mizz, and had great stats to back up his role. 

I assume he will be in the box, coordinating with an on field coach, regarding special teams. During the week he will work at the practices.

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Unless, it was part 1, Gus hired someone to handle the ST issue.

He is Jonathan Rutledge who was ST analyst at Mizz, and had great stats to back up his role. 

I assume he will be in the box, coordinating with an on field coach, regarding special teams. During the week he will work at the practices.

I was wondering if someone might leave and Gus might roll him into an on-field position.

I remember hearing whispers from some of our more connected members a couple months ago that Horton and Brown may be on their way out.  Horton just got a new contract so who knows...

1 hour ago, Auburn 6 said:

I remember hearing whispers from some of our more connected members a couple months ago that Horton and Brown may be on their way out.  Horton just got a new contract so who knows...

Didn't Hand also just get a new contract before bolting (or being pushed out depending on source)?

27 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Didn't Hand also just get a new contract before bolting (or being pushed out depending on source)?

Yes, good point.  It's probably not a factor in whether or not Horton leaves.  Just thought it was odd timing if he ends up leaving.

On 2/3/2018 at 4:12 PM, homersapien said:

They still make them you know. ;)

I cut about two to three cords a year and typically avoid really large trees unless they are blowdowns or otherwise need to come down.

I've considered a splitter, but to me, the actual splitting using a maul is the easy part.  You still have to handle the wood.  The biggest labor saver I have is a tractor with a loader.  Couldn't do without that.

Oh, I should mention, if you get a maul, avoid the fiberglass handles.  They are sturdier, but the shock absorption of a wooden handle is well worth the hassle of occasionally needing to replace one.     

added         

Random FB post i thought was neat.

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

what is this guy using in this video?

I needed to split some wood but couldnt find a wood splitter I could rent, but this device makes it look pretty easy. I couldnt find it on the web...

Archived