Last AU drafted player was in 01. Wiley next?

GwillMac6

This is one of the craziest stats to me ever. Jamison Brewer was the last AU player to be drafted. HE WAS NOT EVEN THAT GOOD!!!!!! AM I imagining that? I do not remember him being more than just a role player at best. Anyways in this latest mock draft Wiley is projected to go to the Brooklyn nets at 27. (where my personal favorite AU player ever Adam Harrington is a assistant coach) If that projection stays true I would hate to admit it but he needs to go. First round is hard to turn down. Especially when your stock can still be that high after only a half of season of college ball. 

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

2829.jpg

brewer_040827.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Round 1 & he gone. We gotta hope for a 40ish pick or later.

much agreed. If he even thinks there is a chance he goes in round 1 he is def gone.

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is one of the craziest stats to me ever. Jamison Brewer was the last AU player to be drafted. HE WAS NOT EVEN THAT GOOD!!!!!! AM I imagining that? I do not remember him being more than just a role player at best. Anyways in this latest mock draft Wiley is projected to go to the Brooklyn nets at 27. (where my personal favorite AU player ever Adam Harrington is a assistant coach) If that projection stays true I would hate to admit it but he needs to go. First round is hard to turn down. Especially when your stock can still be that high after only a half of season of college ball. 

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

2829.jpg

brewer_040827.jpg

Brewer had a unique skill set in that he was a tall point guard who could rebound REALLY well. He could dish the ball well, too, I recall. 

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

much agreed. If he even thinks there is a chance he goes in round 1 he is def gone.

He should have a good idea by the time he has to decide. He has to decide within 10 days after the Draft combine which is late May & approximately 4 weeks before the draft.

52 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Brewer had a unique skill set in that he was a tall point guard who could rebound REALLY well. He could dish the ball well, too, I recall. 

dang you were right sir! I looked at his stats for the 1 year he was a starter. 8 ppg, 5 assists but SEVEN boards per game. WOW! that is incredible. Still makes no sense why he declared so early after his sophmore season.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

dang you were right sir! I looked at his stats for the 1 year he was a starter. 8 ppg, 5 assists but SEVEN boards per game. WOW! that is incredible. Still makes no sense why he declared so early after his sophmore season.

I remember finding it odd that he declared for the draft when he did, but he actually got picked in the 2nd round and had a few productive moments/games for the Pacers in his career. I don't think he had much longevity, but he did get to fulfill a dream of many a young basketballer by playing in the league.

16 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I remember finding it odd that he declared for the draft when he did, but he actually got picked in the 2nd round and had a few productive moments/games for the Pacers in his career. I don't think he had much longevity, but he did get to fulfill a dream of many a young basketballer by playing in the league.

But WE KNEW he would not go in the first round. He must of just wanted to leave school that badly. Anything but the first round for the nba is super risky with the non guaranteed contracts in the second round. But yes!!! he lasted longer than I thought he would in the nba. Very impressive! I wonder what he is up to now and I wonder if he still pays attention to Auburn basketball.

I don't think Wiley had to play a second here and would've been a mid to high 2nd draft round pick...think he showed enough in the U18s to be a low first rounder, especially if Auburn makes a deep PO run. You seen the pinnacle of Auburn basketball first hand 

Just now, alexava said:

Marquis Daniels must have been a FA? He played several years in nba. 

yes :[ undrafted. Crazy to think but it is true. 11 year nba career. Had some really solid years too. Played in a NBA finals. A lot to be proud of.

One of the only times I felt Ellis did a good coaching job. That offense he put in the sweet 16..ran through MD looking very organized not just pass around and shoot. We made a nice run, gave Syracuse a game. 

As long as Wiley and Purifoy stay with the team throughout the season then i'll expect them to come back next year. I figure if they were going they would drop out of school...play over seas or start training some how for the draft. 

Next player drafted....it will be Wiley unless Heron leaves after this year. I'm not sure if he'll go though. He has some really good pieces to his game but also some areas that he can improve. He's been solid as usual but hasn't really taken over games or anything like Brown and Harper have done from time to time. 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don’t know why he declared early other than maybe school just wasn’t his thing or it was a financial decision. He did sign a rookie 2 year deal for $845,252 which is about $1.1 million in today’s market. Not crazy $$ but it’s something depending on his situation of course. 

Wiley to the NBA?  That's fine.  Get him drafted, and get him out the hell of here.  I hate "one-and-dones" anyway.  Oh, I mean "one-and-a-half-done".  But I guess since he didn't play this year, he's a "half-and-done"?  I dunno.  I wish his mom had gotten a better monetary offer from Alabama and saved us the trouble.

If he's already made his decision to enter the NBA draft, fine.  That's his prerogative .  But if so, I wish they'd tell him to clear his locker and get out.

8 hours ago, gravejd said:

As long as Wiley and Purifoy stay with the team throughout the season then i'll expect them to come back next year.

I hate to be brutally honest but I don't expect Danjel to be eligible for college ball ever again. His sitch is a bit different than Wiley's.

6 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Wiley to the NBA?  That's fine.  Get him drafted, and get him out the hell of here.  I hate "one-and-dones" anyway.  Oh, I mean "one-and-a-half-done".  But I guess since he didn't play this year, he's a "half-and-done"?  I dunno.  I wish his mom had gotten a better monetary offer from Alabama and saved us the trouble.

If he's already made his decision to enter the NBA draft, fine.  That's his prerogative .  But if so, I wish they'd tell him to clear his locker and get out.

Just no.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t even care if Wiley gets drafted, he was on our team for three months. 

I and others care because we want him to come back next year because he alleviates our 1 major weakness as a team.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I and others care because we want him to come back next year because he alleviates our 1 major weakness as a team.

We certainly need him back.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

We certainly need him back.

that georgia big man is going to eat us alive saturday in the paint. I hope our 3 point shot is a lot better than it was this game.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

that georgia big man is going to eat us alive saturday in the paint. I hope our 3 point shot is a lot better than it was this game.

We are so streaky. The ceiling is high in both the wins and losses columns.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We are so streaky. The ceiling is high in both the wins and losses columns.

So true. Bama had from what I could see a perfect gameplan. We did not get any good looks from three hardly in the second half. I am not going to lie. I am skuuuuurrrrred. We do not know how a loss is going to effect us. This game saturday just became a really big game. We need it to get momentum back.

Archived