JB Grimes Returns to Auburn

Auhud08

I'm so excited to have Grimes back on staff. I honestly think poor offensive line play was the sole reason we didn't make the playoffs this year. Auburn has a lot of reason to be optimistic for next year

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

yeah, but if it is a "short term fix" then is he only here for a year before he is gone again and we are looking for another OL coach?

Short term meaning like 2-3 years. That's a decent amount of time for him to fix the current mess and maybe leave us a little better off than when he came back. Then we would have a better chance of bringing in a big name. 

9 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Not him, but

I am stuck on Band-Aids, 'cause...

Boy that brought me back...

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

A short term fix is also a guy who can help secure the commitment of a much needed OL or two here a month before NSD. Grimes already visited one of our top OL targets....

Is this the one of which you spoke?

Smacks of premeditation and aforethought.

"At 10:53 a.m. Wednesday, Auburn’s football Twitter account welcomed J.B. Grimes back to the coaching staff, as had been reported by numerous outlets throughout the morning. By 4:27 p.m., another tweet surfaced — featuring Grimes — that gave some insight into the Tigers’ offensive line recruiting priority in the Class of 2018.

Grimes started the day as the University of Connecticut offensive line coach. He quickly turned into Auburn University offensive line coach, a post he’s familiar with, and hit the road to recruit immediately (which should give you an idea how ready the Auburn coaching staff was for this move).

Grimes’ first move was to see Calvin Anderson in Houston, where he’s still taking classes at Rice University. Anderson was a 6-foot-5, 300-pound offensive tackle target prior to Grimes’ arrival. Auburn coaches Chip Lindsey and Herb Hand headed that recruitment prior to Hand’s departure. It was quickly turned over to Grimes, which shows Anderson’s priority among potential offensive line targets...."[underlines mine]

J.B. Grimes’ first visit: Rice grad transfer OT/https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-jb-grimes-calvin-anderson

3 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Is this the one of which you spoke?

Smacks of premeditation and aforethought.

"At 10:53 a.m. Wednesday, Auburn’s football Twitter account welcomed J.B. Grimes back to the coaching staff, as had been reported by numerous outlets throughout the morning. By 4:27 p.m., another tweet surfaced — featuring Grimes — that gave some insight into the Tigers’ offensive line recruiting priority in the Class of 2018.

Grimes started the day as the University of Connecticut offensive line coach. He quickly turned into Auburn University offensive line coach, a post he’s familiar with, and hit the road to recruit immediately (which should give you an idea how ready the Auburn coaching staff was for this move).

Grimes’ first move was to see Calvin Anderson in Houston, where he’s still taking classes at Rice University. Anderson was a 6-foot-5, 300-pound offensive tackle target prior to Grimes’ arrival. Auburn coaches Chip Lindsey and Herb Hand headed that recruitment prior to Hand’s departure. It was quickly turned over to Grimes, which shows Anderson’s priority among potential offensive line targets...."[underlines mine]

J.B. Grimes’ first visit: Rice grad transfer OT/https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-jb-grimes-calvin-anderson

The very one- much obliged for the assist. Short term fix? Remains to be seen. Quick fix? If we get Anderson and our OL performs this season, I think that's a resounding yes.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:28 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And Gus had a open checkbook to hire anyone. Could have paid 750K or more a year. And BOOM, this. Pathetic.  Was hoping we were getting the uga and uat Gus. But we are getting the UCF Gus. 

Going to pieces over hiring a very good O-Line coach. Auburn has some real meathead fans.

Archived