2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb (UGA)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That’s cool and awesome. It’s kind of like Hunter48. He’s a coach and he also has coaches Friends who have direct connections as well.

I think Hunter48 has a little better or possibly more connections then I do.  Plus I think his may be unfiltered more.  Mine gets colored with Orange and Blue sometimes.  I think Hunter may have a direct line with some folks in the fold.  

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think Hunter48 has a little better or possibly more connections then I do.  Plus I think his may be unfiltered more.  Mine gets colored with Orange and Blue sometimes.  I think Hunter may have a direct line with some folks in the fold.  

I think he does too. I Hope he is not insulted the way I worded my first post.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Sometimes I swear you have a VIP subscription and then other times completely the opposite. This is one of those times it looks like the former. LOL

I know how he does it.  Go to the 1:10 mark.  

Still a long way to go. I have a hard time believing that if Bama wants this kid they don’t get him. But, crazier things have happened.

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Still a long way to go. I have a hard time believing that if Bama wants this kid they don’t get him. But, crazier things have happened.

Could be Austin Troxell 2.0

I had a VIP subscription for a few months recently, and found that their information is not that much different than what I can get on this site. Decided to save myself a few $$ and stick to this site for all of my Auburn cravings!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Could be Austin Troxell

Said this a couple months ago in this thread but this one feels different. 

8 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Someone show this man or woman the door

:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Lol that’s my “we can’t have that talk around here post”

Ah, the old "Coach Grimes couldn't possibly have anything to do with Clay wavering on tha tahd and thinking of AU" talk?

Gotcha!

He may or he may not, but I'm excited about the prospect of a 5* possibly leaving the dark and coming towards the light!!

15 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Said this a couple months ago in this thread but this one feels different. 

Feel similar to me. Not many people giving Auburn a shot and he still continued to visit.. I’m not saying we’re going to get Webb but it sure as hell looks like We’re going to make Bama earn it

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Feel similar to me. Not many people giving Auburn a shot and he still continued to visit.. I’m not saying we’re going to get Webb but it sure as hell looks like We’re going to make Bama earn it

Awesome to hear, it would be a tremendous pick up for the future of our O-Line

On 8/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, ellitor said:

Troxell was not a huge priority for bama. Sure they recruited him but didn't really put in any effort. They are with Webb. Nice to hold out hope but Webb will end up at bama. 

On 8/13/2018 at 10:01 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Troxell was not a huge priority for bama. Sure they recruited him but didn't really put in any effort. They are with Webb. Nice to hold out hope but Webb will end up at bama. 

My head tells me you are right about Webb, but my heart sure hopes that you are wrong WDE

2 hours ago, Samau said:

I think he also is friends with Bo Nix. Can’t hurt.

Doesn’t help enough to win a Recruiting battle either. Relationships with the coaches have to do that typically.

11 hours ago, Samau said:

I think he also is friends with Bo Nix. Can’t hurt.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Doesn’t help enough to win a Recruiting battle either. Relationships with the coaches have to do that typically.

That's essentially what the phrase "can't hurt" means. It's not a significant factor on it's own, but it will fall somewhere down the list of pros and not on the list of cons. 

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's essentially what the phrase "can't hurt" means. It's not a significant factor on it's own, but it will fall somewhere down the list of pros and not on the list of cons. 

The point of my post however was to point out that I think a number of fans put too much stock  in  commits Recruiting other recruits. It’s essentially a non-factor other than giving the coaches recruiting the prospects another factor to sell in developing their relationship With the recruiter. I was excited to see what Owen could do  as a recruiter given he has been the most talked about prospect in this class for three years. As great as his talent and potential are Booth proved he turned out to be just another selling piece for our coaches while doing the recruiting, albeit a very nice piece. 

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The point of my post however was to point out that I think a number of fans put too much stock  in  commits Recruiting other recruits. It’s essentially a non-factor other than giving the coaches recruiting the prospects another factor to sell in developing their relationship With the recruiter. I was excited to see what Owen could do  as a recruiter given he has been the most talked about prospect in this class for three years. As great as his talent and potential are Booth proved he turned out to be just another selling piece for our coaches while doing the recruiting, albeit a very nice piece. 

This right here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived