2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb (UGA)

ellitor

4 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

We don't have time.

LIGER is always using the sarcasm font. Difficult to detect.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Yeah I realized that after reading some of his other posts haha. Whoops.

Now y’all are catching on!  Haha.

The following is NOT sarcasm:

We have absolutely no shot at Webb, or any other legit stud OL that UGA/Bama/LSU, TAMU/UF/UT want as long as Grimes is the OL coach.

None whatsoever.

7 hours ago, L I G E R said:

Now y’all are catching on!  Haha.

The following is NOT sarcasm:

We have absolutely no shot at Webb, or any other legit stud OL that UGA/Bama/LSU, TAMU/UF/UT want as long as Grimes is the OL coach.

None whatsoever.

LIGER and Thrust from the bunker on here now? Wow. 

Agree with this BTW. Been telling people here this for a while. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

LIGER and Thrust from the bunker on here now? Wow. 

Agree with this BTW. Been telling people here this for a while. 

With us being stuck with Gus for year to a few more it doesn’t do any good to post these sentiments on a public recruiting board where recruits and their families see it.  As I said in another thread it’s our fans shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of recruiting. Our staff has enough going on to where we don’t need to be piling up on the issues they have to deal with. These kind of sentiments  where our fans are negatively recruiting against us needs to be left behind pay walls. Let the other staffs negatively recruit against us. It’s their job not ours.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With us being stuck with Gus for year to a few more it doesn’t do any good to post these sentiments on a public recruiting board where recruits and their families see it.  As I said in another thread it’s our fans shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of recruiting. Our staff has enough going on to where we don’t need to be piling up on the issues they have to deal with. These kind of sentiments  where our fans are negatively recording against us needs to be left behind pay walls. Let the other staffs negatively recruit against us. It’s their job not ours.

With us being stuck with Gus for a year.......................... leads off to a question about not piling on? 

I still think we have a shot at Webb as I've always said.  But will also report that I've heard multiple (more then 2) reports of Clay playing no where near a 5 star level this year.  Solid yes... 5 Star no way.  The 3 top OL in the state are all very overrated.  Webb, Quick, and Kight.   None are close to 5 stars and I'm very close to the Quick family.  

57 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

What's wrong with Grimes? I thought he was one of the foremost OL coaches in the country?

He is.  but for now he's the scapegoat.  Plus this is the recruiting forum and he's not an elite recruiter.  

26 minutes ago, chucmin said:

Well if he can get this bunch to at least an average SEC line by the end of the year he should win the Broyles Award.

I think an average coaching job, enabled by quality leadership and play calling, would have had this bunch above league average in time for Washington. 

This group is very mediocre... compared to the elite OLs in the game. Compared to most schools in our conference, they have enough talent to be good. Not great, but good. Without looking, I'm pretty sure this group is 2 deep with guys averaging well over 3*s, and more than half the teams in our league would gladly trade theirs for ours. 

We have a significant leadership problem for our offense to be *this* bad. 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:08 PM, ellitor said:

With us being stuck with Gus for year to a few more it doesn’t do any good to post these sentiments on a public recruiting board where recruits and their families see it.  As I said in another thread it’s our fans shooting ourselves in the foot in terms of recruiting. Our staff has enough going on to where we don’t need to be piling up on the issues they have to deal with. These kind of sentiments  where our fans are negatively recruiting against us needs to be left behind pay walls. Let the other staffs negatively recruit against us. It’s their job not ours.

No disrespect Ellitor, but if our recruiting hinges on message board posters, we're more E'ffed than I thought we were.  I yearn for the time we get a coach with a big set  who walks and talks and delivers and other fan bases piss their pants when we come to town.  Could be a pipe dream, but we were close in the mid eighties. :realmad:

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

No disrespect Ellitor, but if our recruiting hinges on message board posters, we're more E'ffed than I thought we were.  I yearn for the time we get a coach with a big set  who walks and talks and delivers and other fan bases piss their pants when we come to town.  Could be a pipe dream, but we were close in the mid eighties. :realmad:

E is right.  Plus why give the enemy ammo...

On your last point, and I love coach Dye, but he did get us on probation and failed to win big game after big game.  In the mid 80s our talent compared to other teams was sorta like Bama's now compared to everyone else.  Yet Dye found ways to crap the bed in the the bigger games with 2 less games per season.  

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No disrespect Ellitor, but if our recruiting hinges on message board posters

Never said nor implied our recruiting hinges on message board posters. My point is Keith has said many times the the negativity permeating in our fan base has been an issue our staff has had to deal with on the trail. I would have never believed that myself without him saying it. Not something he would say if he wasn't hearing it from very legit sources.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Never said nor implied our recruiting hinges on message board posters. My point is Keith has said many times the the negativity permeating in our fan base has been an issue our staff has had to deal with on the trail. I would have never believed that myself without him saying it. Not something he would say if he wasn't hearing it from very legit sources.

Don’t post much but found this amusing, if this is true how does Saban get anyone to commit to Updyke U 😂

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

E is right.  Plus why give the enemy ammo...

On your last point, and I love coach Dye, but he did get us on probation and failed to win big game after big game.  In the mid 80s our talent compared to other teams was sorta like Bama's now compared to everyone else.  Yet Dye found ways to crap the bed in the the bigger games with 2 less games per season.  

Blasphemy!    There were some really talented teams we lost to, and only to big time programs.  No doubt we lost some that we shouldn’t but offenses were different (not explosive until Spurrier brought in his O) so most were close games that could go either way.   

Dye did more for our program than almost anyone ever, and you knew every time you played AU it was gone a be a slobber knocker.   

25 minutes ago, lala said:

Blasphemy!    There were some really talented teams we lost to, and only to big time programs.  No doubt we lost some that we shouldn’t but offenses were different (not explosive until Spurrier brought in his O) so most were close games that could go either way.   

Dye did more for our program than almost anyone ever, and you knew every time you played AU it was gone a be a slobber knocker.   

Hmm. '84 Miami, '84 bamr, '85 bamr, '85 Tennessee '86 Florida, '86 uga, '88 LSU

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Hmm. '84 Miami, '84 bamr, '85 bamr, '85 Tennessee '86 Florida, '86 uga, '88 LSU

Like I said.... Those were against good perennial top programs and good games.  Agree wecould have/should won most but those programs had great players as well, especially Cocaine Tony Robinson that put on a show against us.  

10 minutes ago, lala said:

Like I said.... Those were against good perennial top programs and good games.  Agree wecould have/should won most but those programs had great players as well, especially Cocaine Tony Robinson that put on a show against us.  

Perennial top programs, yes, But good teams, no. Only the Robinson led Tennessee team was a good.team. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:23 PM, corchjay said:

He is.  but for now he's the scapegoat.  Plus this is the recruiting forum and he's not an elite recruiter.  

Grimes is the very best “technician” OL coach in college football!  He’s worked wonders with our OL this year alone!

And he’s a better recruiter than he gets credit for.  We were VERY blessed to pull him away from UCONN!

Give him 3-4 more cycles and he will have signed us 4-5 OL and coached them all up!

War Damn JBG!

3 hours ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Don’t post much but found this amusing, if this is true how does Saban get anyone to commit to Updyke U 😂

Their fans are nowhere near as negative on their recruiting as some of ours are.

Archived