2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb (UGA)

ellitor

On 4/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Yep but Dave Rimington at Nebraska WAS a game changer at Center. I remember when they took us to the woodshed in '82 in Auburn, Rimington strolled out onto the field - by himself - after all other players had cleared the field following pre game warmups. Imposing moment that momentarily hushed a pretty wild crowd. I remember thinking, what's he doing? He looked around and just strolled back to the locker room. The dude was legendary and he was a center.

I was at that game and I vividly remember him taking Dowe Aughtman wherever he wanted.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I mull over what I've read on Clay the more I'm agreeing with WDE. It just doesn't seem like he's legitimately interested. I would guess he is a silent commit that just wants to enjoy some attention when he announces.

Hoping I'm wrong but I'm ready to focus on prospects looking to commit a little sooner and with a little more shown interest our way.

• 1 month later...

So.....has Auburn thrown in the towel for getting this guy??  Have not heard a word about him and Auburn..

1 hour ago, gc2525 said:

So.....has Auburn thrown in the towel for getting this guy??  Have not heard a word about him and Auburn..

Everyone knows saying it's a long shot is like calling the ocean "damp", but I also have to believe that if we are making any headway, no one is going to publicize it for the sake of the kid. Announcing a high profile bama lean from a bama family is considering Auburn is like throwing the kid to the wolves.

1 hour ago, gc2525 said:

No. Nothing new to report. He hasn't visited anywhere in a while.

17 hours ago, gc2525 said:

I read recently that some of our commits, specifically Nix, are making Webb a priority, but I agree with @lionheartkc, calling our chances a long shot is a huge understatement.  

9 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I read recently that some of our commits, specifically Nix, are making Webb a priority, but I agree with @lionheartkc, calling our chances a long shot is a huge understatement.  

"David was a 17 point underdog to Goliath"~~~Coach Jordan, circa 1972. Maybe we'll block two punts and get Webb's signature next signing period. :)

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"David was a 17 point underdog to Goliath"~~~Coach Jordan, circa 1972. Maybe we'll block two punts and get Webb's signature next signing period. :)

lol wow you think it would be that big of a upset? Clay Webb to AU would be a medium upset. He has visited a lot. I think a better example would be if we had signed Marlon Humphrey or something like that of a big time UAT legacy.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol wow you think it would be that big of a upset? Clay Webb to AU would be a medium upset. He has visited a lot. I think a better example would be if we had signed Marlon Humphrey or something like that of a big time UAT legacy.

Look up-thread. Many have already conceded him to the Dark Side. So yes, it would be a huge upset.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Look up-thread. Many have already conceded him to the Dark Side. So yes, it would be a huge upset.

I have seen some of that but there is a decent amount of people who still think it is possible. What do you honestly think of our chances?

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have seen some of that but there is a decent amount of people who still think it is possible. What do you honestly think of our chances?

10%

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

10%

If there is anything I have learned from you and bird it is that our chances are more like 50/50.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If there is anything I have learned from you and bird it is that our chances are more like 50/50.

Not today hopefully will get better

Don't have any inside info.  Just a hunch that there is a chance (albeit a very slim one). We know Pierce and Webb are friends but Nix is also in Webb's ear in a good way I think.  UA QB commit Tyson is HS teammate with Pierce so I would think they are very close.  Webb could immediately become a leader of AU OL and I think he would thrive blocking for two potential All-Americans in Bo Nix and Asa Martin.  Nix is the  Wild Card if AU pulls off the huge upset. Not getting my hopes up though. Heart says Tide but Tigers might be the better business deal??

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

10%

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We probably had a better chance with Ben Davis. He’s just right up the road so we’ll continue recruiting him, but the writing is on the wall..

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We probably had a better chance with Ben Davis. He’s just right up the road so we’ll continue recruiting him, but the writing is on the wall..

Ben Davis right now is wishing his parents did not push him to bama. A absolute no show on the field for the first 2 years at bama.

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

10%

Dang that speaks to me. Well ok then. deuces clay lol. Back to business as usual at oxford high I see haha.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dang that speaks to me. Well ok then. deuces clay lol. Back to business as usual at oxford high I see haha.

Well, we did get Terry Henley from Oxford High School, so there's that.

Just now, Mikey said:

Well, we did get Terry Henley from Oxford High School, so there's that.

And Roc and K Britt. I just meant I thought the days of Kwon Alexander and #anywherebutAuburn were over.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And Roc and K Britt. I just meant I thought the days of Kwon Alexander and #anywherebutAuburn were over.

Sadly, those days will never end unless UAT is no longer fielding a football team. Mobile is another area where that thinking predominates. The only difference is that Mobile is a lot larger area, population-wise and we can slip some through the cracks more easily down there.

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

10%

That would be a good beer.

Archived