2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb (UGA)

ellitor

Isn’t this the Clay Webb thread! I must have staggered onto Dell McGee by accident.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Coaching on the O side of the ball is well, coaching for and UNDER Gus.

wde

Since Gus is the head coach, that's exactly as it should be.

32 minutes ago, toddc said:

Isn’t this the Clay Webb thread! I must have staggered onto Dell McGee by accident.

I find it way more fun that way since there is a 99.23% chance that clay is the enemy and most likely by this summer. So I say HAVE FUN!!!!! WOOOOOOO!! Keep the random topic of conversation party going!

On 2/17/2018 at 5:40 PM, AUIH1 said:

Don't be blind.

wde

I try hard not to be. I guess I get too aggravated with all of the negative posters on this site when a lot of it is unwarranted and uncalled for. How are you doing with your chemo? I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers. I have been where you are with cancer and am a survivor and pray to God that I will remain cancer free. Take care with this!

Godspeed,

Doc

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I find it way more fun that way since there is a 99.23% chance that clay is the enemy and most likely by this summer. So I say HAVE FUN!!!!! WOOOOOOO!! Keep the random topic of conversation party going!

I kind of like our chances with Clay. Who knows....he may come to his senses and realize the best school in the state is not blood red and bleached white sweat towels. Elephants are one of the worst smelling animals in the jungle. Tigers and eagles by nature smell much better! Anything to do with turds pretty much turn my nose in opposite direction! Roll tide roll, round and round down the toilet bowl!

On 2/17/2018 at 8:47 AM, Mikey said:

Nobody is content with any season since 2010. Before that 1993 and before that 1957. There is a difference between wanting improvement and the constant griping and whining that some posters do on this message board. When complainers come on here and repeat the same gripes 25 times over, the problem is with them, not Auburn. For example, looking at some of their statements, you'd think we didn't beat two number one teams late in one season, a feat never before accomplished in major college football. Some people feel like it would crush their ego to make a positive comment about the football team and that gets tiresome.

Ah. So if we say that we blew a 20 point lead over LSU enough times, then it won't be true anymore? Cool. I'll keep saying it as long as it takes.

It takes two to tango, Mikey. Folks like yourself keep bringing up those 2 wins that literally everyone on this board has acknowledged multiple times as if the rest of the season didn't happen, then the objective among us will keep reminding you that the rest of the season did, indeed, happen.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ah. So if we say that we blew a 20 point lead over LSU enough times, then it won't be true anymore? Cool. I'll keep saying it as long as it takes.

It takes two to tango, Mikey. Folks like yourself keep bringing up those 2 wins that literally everyone on this board has acknowledged multiple times as if the rest of the season didn't happen, then the objective among us will keep reminding you that the rest of the season did, indeed, happen.

Say it often enough and hopefully you'll be as tired of it as I am. Everybody that cares has known for a long time that it was a terrible half. If repeating it like some religious mantra helps folks get through the day, fine. I just wish they's whisper it to themselves instead of typing it here. Never heard of "enough is enough"?

Just now, Mikey said:

Say it often enough and hopefully you'll be as tired of it as I am. Everybody that cares has known for a long time that it was a terrible half. If repeating it like some religious mantra helps folks get through the day, fine. I just wish they's whisper it to themselves instead of typing it here. Never heard of "enough is enough"?

That is a half that never should never be forgot and it should have been written in Gus's contract that he has to watch that 2nd half of the LSU game at least 3 times a week. 

On 2/17/2018 at 10:19 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Here is what is going to happen, we will sign Clay and strike out on all of the highly recruited OT's. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That is a half that never should never be forgot and it should have been written in Gus's contract that he has to watch that 2nd half of the LSU game at least 3 times a week. 

Forgot? No. Keep bringing it up endlessly? Absolutely not. Waste time crying over spilt milk? That's counter-productive to say the least.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Again, the feeling is mutual. Quit telling us that Amen Corner absolved Gus of all transgressions prior and since and we'll probably quit pointing out why we think that's inaccurate. It's a Hatfield and McCoys, Palestine and Israel thing at this point. Each side just waiting for the other to lay down arms first, each side saying the other started it. We're all tired of it, but it's a message board and we're all here to have the last word.

As for the "keep it on Clay Webb" crowd, December/February are a long way away. This is going to go OT from time to time. 

I rarely post, but I don’t think the Clay Webb thread should be filled with all these pointless debates and arguments...

If it is a thread about a specific player, then it should have info/opinion on the player. If there is nothing new out there then don’t post. Just bump to keep the thread up top.

Why don’t you guys just start a thread about what to argue about and you guys can discuss any topic?

I think getting Clay and Bo would be huge for stability on O.

Redshirt both and watch the development of both increase w college practice 

10 minutes ago, AUallday said:

I rarely post, but I don’t think the Clay Webb thread should be filled with all these pointless debates and arguments...

If it is a thread about a specific player, then it should have info/opinion on the player. If there is nothing new out there then don’t post. Just bump to keep the thread up top.

Why don’t you guys just start a thread about what to argue about and you guys can discuss any topic?

I think getting Clay and Bo would be huge for stability on O.

Redshirt both and watch the development of both increase w college practice 

This gave me a good chuckle. 

Great comeback to a long time member...most of the things y’all whine about on here give me an idea how little some of you keyboard warriors actually know about football, or people in general.

Clay Webb 5 star C

great prospect

How bout we all (Hatfields AND McCoys) just forget 2017 ever happened.  Then, to do that successfully, let's forget 2016 & 2015 too.  Then, let's forget 2014, that started this trend, and just pretend 2013 (4 years ago) JUST happened.  Then we can ALL put on our O&B glasses and expect AU's gonna dominate this year and take us to the promised land.

Gus lovers = :brickwall:

Gus haters = :brickwall:

Reality = :brickwall:

Guess we'll all know who's right by Jan. 2019.

15 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

How bout we all (Hatfields AND McCoys) just forget 2017 ever happened.  Then, to do that successfully, let's forget 2016 & 2015 too.  Then, let's forget 2014, that started this trend, and just pretend 2013 (4 years ago) JUST happened.  Then we can ALL put on our O&B glasses and expect AU's gonna dominate this year and take us to the promised land.

I agree.  We are just discussing Auburn.  Gus will make believers out of some of us or he won't.  Heck I hope he proves me wrong.  I hope I have to tell all of you just how right you were.  I certainly don't hope or wish for the worst.  I just have seen enough to form an opinion.  Others have seen enough to have a different outlook and opinion.  It's all good.  My opinion is not on the radio on your commute to work.  I'm not whispering it through the dividers in the cubicle beside anyone at work.  It's just a message board and as sick and tired as everyone is of seeing anything negative said there are others sick and tired of reading how good Gus has been and how he has finally learned from his mistakes.

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Again, the feeling is mutual. Quit telling us that Amen Corner absolved Gus of all transgressions prior and since and we'll probably quit pointing out why we think that's inaccurate. It's a Hatfield and McCoys, Palestine and Israel thing at this point. Each side just waiting for the other to lay down arms first, each side saying the other started it. We're all tired of it, but it's a message board and we're all here to have the last word.

As for the "keep it on Clay Webb" crowd, December/February are a long way away. This is going to go OT from time to time. 

Hey watch it buddy my wife is a Hatfield her great great grandfather was  Jim "Bad" Vance

https://www.geni.com/people/Uncle-Jim-Bad-Vance/6000000001650535833

11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah c'mon guys we gotta be 13 seconds better this upcoming season!!!! 

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

12 hours ago, AUallday said:

Great comeback to a long time member...most of the things y’all whine about on here give me an idea how little some of you keyboard warriors actually know about football, or people in general.

Clay Webb 5 star C

great prospect

AUallday  

Mediocre poster.

Hates  Fun, engaging conversations.

Clay Webb is a pretty cool cat. I wonder if he could become an anchor and leader for a young group of OL. I'd love to get 5 studs who play together for four years. Miss me some Reese Dismukes

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Clay Webb is a pretty cool cat. I wonder if he could become an anchor and leader for a young group of OL. I'd love to get 5 studs who play together for four years. Miss me some Reese Dismukes

Others wishing to get the conversation back on topic, take heed. 

Good call on Dismukes. I felt like Ryan Pugh was almost as integral to our success in 2010. Dunn coming on this past season was huge. I've come to believe that a good center is as important to our offense as any other position besides QB. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Others wishing to get the conversation back on topic, take heed. 

Good call on Dismukes. I felt like Ryan Pugh was almost as integral to our success in 2010. Dunn coming on this past season was huge. I've come to believe that a good center is as important to our offense as any other position besides QB. 

I have to agree, Centers really are the QB of the line like a MLB is on defense. Plus it's insanely rare that there is a 5* Center in the recruiting class; even more so for an in-state talent. Whatever happens I think we need to get someone on the OL as soon as possible so that we can start getting kids to buy into being a part of the group!

Archived