2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb (UGA)

ellitor

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Inigo: Who are you?

Main in Black: No one of consequence. 

InigoI must know...

Man in BlackGet used to disappointment.

Sorry, that wasn't as easy to catch onto as I originally thought. 

That's not it. I got the Princess Bride reference immediately. The huh was me asking how you were applying it to the Who's Your Daddy name.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's not it. I got the Princess Bride reference immediately. The huh was me asking how you were applying it to the Who's Your Daddy name.

Oh. Well, he was criticizing you for acting like an insider, which you make clear in your post history that you are not (as pointed out by others). And, humorously (I think), you self identify as "no one of consequence".

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Oh. Well, he was criticizing you for acting like an insider, which you make clear in your post history that you are not (as pointed out by others). And, humorously (I think), you self identify as "no one of consequence".

One has to be extremely Vizzini-esque to catch on to some of Barnacle's references.

Some would even say many references are inconceivable.

:beer2:

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

One has to be extremely Vizzini-esque to catch on to some of Barnacle's references.

Some would even say many references are inconceivable.

:beer2:

That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.

Drop... Your... Sword.

I love the movie more than my kids do!!!

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Drop... Your... Sword.

I love the movie more than my kids do!!!

I vote that @Barnacle or @ellitor start a thread for “Princess Bride” references ?. Someone had pirated HBO into the frat house when I was at AU when that movie was on. I bet I’ve seen it 50 times... I know... inconceivable.

I don't think he's heading our way guys...

to keep it relevant with the current discussion

boo.gif

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don't think he's heading our way guys...

to keep it relevant with the current discussion

boo.gif

The queen of filth!! The queen of slime!!!

On 5/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, bigbird said:

E, you've never claimed to be an insider. In fact, at every turn you have always refuted claims by others that try to.  There is no need to defend yourself. I believe I can speak for others when I say, we all appreciate what you bring.... although your delivery is screwed up and your sarcasm detector always broken.  Thanks!

7A048A15-5680-48E6-A297-A6E81546FDCC.jpeg

On 5/23/2018 at 4:49 PM, auburn4ever said:

It would be great to have 2 guys from Oxford, AL on Auburn's team at the same time.

This kid is going to be wearing red and white...the only question is if there is some black on his jersey

I'm still holding out hope that Bo is in his head and on signing day he will commit to bama and then send his fax to Auburn.

I’m still hearing Webb hasn’t shut AU down yet.  So we are still a player in this.  Just need him to keep coming to campus and anything can happen.  I think we are in it more then most believe but still sitting 3rd right now 

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

I’m still hearing Webb hasn’t shut AU down yet.  So we are still a player in this.  Just need him to keep coming to campus and anything can happen.  I think we are in it more then most believe but still sitting 3rd right now 

I am sure we have done it but recruiting wise this seems like a kid that you sit down with Grimes and have Grimes show him his mistakes or what he needs to improve on going into his SR year.  I am sure he has heard about how great he is from everyone but I would use the angle of this is where I see that you need to improve for the next level.  

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

3rd...tf? Who is second?

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

3rd...tf? Who is second?

I am assuming UGA.  

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I am sure we have done it but recruiting wise this seems like a kid that you sit down with Grimes and have Grimes show him his mistakes or what he needs to improve on going into his SR year.  I am sure he has heard about how great he is from everyone but I would use the angle of this is where I see that you need to improve for the next level.  

They know  each other well. Grimes started recruiting Webb in ninth grade when he was here the first time. 

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

3rd...tf? Who is second?

Dawgs  as has been  alluded to a few times. 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They know  each other well. Grimes started recruiting Webb in ninth grade when he was here the first time. 

That's good.  This is where I think Grimes may be under estimated as a recruiter.  No, he isn't going to know any songs on your playlist but he can show you what he knows and what he can do with you if you give him the time to do so.

43 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

No way this kid comes to AU. Sorry.

do you have inside knowledge or just opinion?

5 hours ago, shabby said:

do you have inside knowledge or just opinion?

A mix of how others with more insight than me feel, gut feeling, and when Bama wants someon they typically do. With the exception of a couple over the years.

16 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

A mix of how others with more insight than me feel, gut feeling, and when Bama wants someon they typically do. With the exception of a couple over the years.

You may be correct but something tells me a Charger bought at auction is not going to sway him and maybe his mom or dad don't need a job or house offered to them.  I don't see him or his family making a "Business" decision lol.

Archived