2019 5* OG/C Clay Webb (UGA)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

oh so he told 2 people we were 3rd but no one else.  In July and you are in an elite players Top 3 or 5 you continue to fight and recruit.  Ya'll have lost your minds.

also, the month of July isn’t the same as it used to be with the early signing period now in play. hence why high level guys are committing left and right this summer. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jskilgro said:

also, the month of July isn’t the same as it used to be with the early signing period now in play. hence why high level guys are committing left and right this summer. 

Why isn't Webb committed then... since everyone knows obviously.    Except me and the AU staff

And just to clarify I am not saying Webb will be coming to AU.  I'm saying he is allowing the staff and listening to all options given to him by the staff.  He's letting all schools he has interest in recruit him on a equal basis.  If he's truly a bama fan (and he appears to be so) he doing a great job of listening to all suitors.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Why isn't Webb committed then... since everyone knows obviously.    Except me and the AU staff

i could ask you a similar question: how do you know he isn’t committed privately with the bammers? silent commits are a thing that happen.

Just now, jskilgro said:

i could ask you a similar question: how do you know he isn’t committed privately with the bammers? silent commits are a thing that happen.

I can tell you "officially" from a staff member that he hasn't even remotely eliminated us. 

Why would you stop recruiting a player in a position of need when you are in his top five and  he’s uncommitted ? With only a short time left to early signing period we need to be all over this kid! The rt competing for a starting spot this year was “all bammer “ ,until he wasn’t, and signed with us!

1 hour ago, jskilgro said:

that DOES settle it, yes. why spend valuable time and resources on a kid we’re in a distant 3rd for? there’s plenty of other talented guys that we can actually receive a return on our investment with. 

Because him being in state it doesn't really cost much resources that can be used on others.

1 hour ago, jskilgro said:

Yes and about half, if not more fall through.

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

I can tell you "officially" from a staff member that he hasn't even remotely eliminated us. 

Ban bet he commits to Bama by December? 

19 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He’s an EE. Of course he will commit somewhere by December.

I'm with @corchjay, @ellitor and @toddc on this one. There is no reason not to keep recruiting this kid. It's not like there are all these other talented OLs out there getting ignored because we continue to communicate with the dude right up the road. What's the real concern here? Some misguided notion of dignity or saving face? I'm good if we don't just concede all the blue chip guys to our rivals. That seems a bit lazy and weak. Also, Haselwood, Marshall and Morris are all already committed to other schools and I don't see all this gnashing of teeth about us continuing to recruit them. And they're not even in-state guys. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm with @corchjay, @ellitor and @toddc on this one. There is no reason not to keep recruiting this kid. It's not like there are all these other talented OLs out there getting ignored because we continue to communicate with the dude right up the road. What's the real concern here? Some misguided notion of dignity or saving face? I'm good if we don't just concede all the blue chip guys to our rivals. That seems a bit lazy and weak. Also, Haselwood, Marshall and Morris are all already committed to other schools and I don't see all this gnashing of teeth about us continuing to recruit them. And they're not even in-state guys. 

Agree.  When OL recruiting seems to be at a premium for AU then you work on them til you can't.

What has this guy said/done to demonstrate that he's 100% bammer?  Unless perhaps some are afraid him not officially "committing" (still hate that word in this context) is a ploy like Foster or Evans...

If that's the case then 

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Ban bet for what?  The choice of an 18 yo kid?  

I was joking. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

He’s an EE. Of course he will commit somewhere by December.

I’m aware, that’s why I said December. 

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I was joking. 

I’m aware, that’s why I said December. 

Good joke and what a relief. I didn't get it at first. I was surprised that it came from my dude Clayton. But now that I get it... yeah. 

I'm hearing that it might not necessarily be bama from some folks over at the AUFamily.com boards.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'm hearing that it might not necessarily be bama from some folks over at the AUFamily.com boards.

That site any good? I hear they're a bunch of sassy gifaphobes but otherwise it's pretty chill. Basically like you'd imagine a cookout in Herb Hand's backyard to be. A nice time. Kid-friendly. Not as fun as a Bruce Pearl cookout, but safer than a Will Muschamp cookout. 

Make no mistake about it. Every AU connected source that posts on message boards besides Corch is saying Webb to Bama is a done deal. I'm just saying I'm glad we haven't & won't stop recruiting him til he goes public.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That site any good? I hear they're a bunch of sassy gifaphobes but otherwise it's pretty chill. Basically like you'd imagine a cookout in Herb Hand's backyard to be. A nice time. Kid-friendly. Not as fun as a Bruce Pearl cookout, but safer than a Will Muschamp cookout. 

I've heard the pay site has gone downhill now as they don't always post info in a timely manner.

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I've heard the pay site has gone downhill now as they don't always post info in a timely manner.

Guess who's sitting to Kanye's left and who's sitting to his right?

Related image

20 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

are you a 12 year old? 

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

Don't get it twisted... I am in no way saying Webb to AU.  Just that Webb hasn't closed the door on AU.  

Don’t think anyone is twisting it. I’m just saying it looks like you are  more optimistic about the situation than any other Auburn source. Not saying they’re right and you’re wrong or vice versa. Just giving the lay of the info.

12 hours ago, shabby said:

are you a 12 year old? 

Adults seriously do such things on other boards.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

are you a 12 year old? 

WO! let's turn down the volume some on that tude please goof sir! lol. 

Archived