ellitor

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

Doc ,I think his name is Dell.

Thanks! Got it right now.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I think that is a very unfair expectation that the media or whomever is placing on Auburn.  We basically have no returning RB with any game experience except Kam Martin and we lost a good bit from an offensive line.  We lost our best corner, our best safeties,  our middle LB, our starting kicker, and our best pass rusher.  I am not sure what they are seeing that I'm not.

I think we're much more aware of the shortcomings of the last 3 years than "they" (and a few resident Gus apologists) are. And, like @toddc mentioned, we do return a lot of key pieces. Plus you have to consider who else is out there beyond the usual suspects, of whom there are very few. 

12 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I think that is a very unfair expectation that the media or whomever is placing on Auburn.  We basically have no returning RB with any game experience except Kam Martin and we lost a good bit from an offensive line.  We lost our best corner, our best safeties,  our middle LB, our starting kicker, and our best pass rusher.  I am not sure what they are seeing that I'm not.

I don’t disagree with you, but when you return virtually all of your two deep D-line that was one of CFBs most dominant, and have a QB like JS, you're going to get some love. And we are probably getting a pass on RB. One thing Gus has is a reputation for putting a 1000 years rusher on the field every year. It won’t be easy though. 

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We need Dale McGee to come home to Auburn as our recruiting coordinator. Make him an offer he cannot refuse!

Having Dell with Porter and T Will would be fun to watch. 

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Having Dell with Porter and T Will would be fun to watch. 

The few people that seem to know something about the situation claim that McGhee has zero interest in returning to Auburn. It's not about money either. They say he really likes it where he is, and what recruiter wouldn't?

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The few people that seem to know something about the situation claim that McGhee has zero interest in returning to Auburn. It's not about money either. They say he really likes it where he is, and what recruiter wouldn't?

Can't blame him for not wanting to make a lateral move. 

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can't blame him for not wanting to make a lateral move. 

nothing is lateral about this move. Pay him enough $$$$$$$ and he will come home. Has anyone ever offered him a job at Auburn? I know folks say he has no interest in Auburn. You never know until you try, and until then who knows what might happen.  He would do just as fine of a job at Auburn as he is doing for the mutts. As far as I am concerned there is nothing lateral about Auburn. I may see things through orange and blue glasses!

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

nothing is lateral about this move. Pay him enough $$$$$$$ and he will come home. Has anyone ever offered him a job at Auburn? I know folks say he has no interest in Auburn. You never know until you try, and until then who knows what might happen.  He would do just as fine of a job at Auburn as he is doing for the mutts. As far as I am concerned there is nothing lateral about Auburn. I may see things through orange and blue glasses!

AU has tried twice and he said no. Sorry Doc money is not the object

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

AU has tried twice and he said no. Sorry Doc money is not the object

Oh well. Maybe one day when the situation is right for him. I hate seeing Auburn men doing the bidding for the enemy! UGA is cheap when it comes to paying coaches. How in the world could they only pay Dell $275,000.00 for the great recruiting job he does. If I was him, I would seek employment with a school that will pay him what he is worth.

By the way, I missed a hole in one today on a par 3 120 yard hole by 9 inches!

59 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Oh well. Maybe one day when the situation is right for him. I hate seeing Auburn men doing the bidding for the enemy! UGA is cheap when it comes to paying coaches. How in the world could they only pay Dell $275,000.00 for the great recruiting job he does. If I was him, I would seek employment with a school that will pay him what he is worth.

My dad is an avid golfer and he would say, “close only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades”.

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

My dad is an avid golfer and he would say, “close only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades”.

also in crap-slinging and nuclear weapons

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

you are right my friend!  I have had 2 holes where I hit the pin and the ball spun off to the left on one and the right on the other. 

13 minutes ago, Roos said:

also in crap-slinging and nuclear weapons

ping pong is right there with them.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Well, they just bumped him to $550k as part of a $2M assistant coach increase. Pretty substantial for a position coach.

On 2/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, toddc said:

No one on this board is content with where AU football is compared to our two biggest rivals!!! Some of us will always see what is great about Auburn and view the glass half full, but with another half yet to be filled. jmho

I love this!!! This accurately describes our fan base to a T. I have never seen a more divided fan base than ours out of the major programs. Usually a fan base are more or less the same when it comes to their attitude towards where they want the program to go and how content or not content they are and honestly just have the same general characteristics. There is a power struggle in the Auburn fanbase. The problem is some of us KNOW and have seen what we are capable of and are not content for a great season every few years. With the talent we have accumulated we should have no less than 10 wins after a bowl game each year. Auburn is great and always will be great!  What does that have to do with being half full or half empty though? I never got that. They are not mutually exclusive.  OF COURSE we are not content until we are better than our rivals! We are capable of being better than them AND WE HAVE DONE IT! We just need to do it more consistently. IF we were some average and mediocre sec program like miss st, south carolina etc it would be easier to not want to be great and strive everyday for it and just be content at where we are and accept our fate. BUT we are a great program historically. We just are not consistent at all. We have really high highs and some awful lows. 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love this!!! This accurately describes our fan base to a T. I have never seen a more divided fan base than ours out of the major programs......................

Nobody is content with any season since 2010. Before that 1993 and before that 1957. There is a difference between wanting improvement and the constant griping and whining that some posters do on this message board. When complainers come on here and repeat the same gripes 25 times over, the problem is with them, not Auburn. For example, looking at some of their statements, you'd think we didn't beat two number one teams late in one season, a feat never before accomplished in major college football. Some people feel like it would crush their ego to make a positive comment about the football team and that gets tiresome.

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

When he was HC at Carver-Columbus, he had a lot of blue chippers and it was frustrating because it seemed like they rarely came to AU.  Somebody must’ve p****** in his Wheatie’s at some point.  

4 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

When he was HC at Carver-Columbus, he had a lot of blue chippers and it was frustrating because it seemed like they rarely came to AU.  Somebody must’ve p****** in his Wheatie’s at some point.  

Or he is acting professional and doing what a coach should do and, besides providing opportunity and information, he stayed out of the decision making process.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Or he is acting professional and doing what a coach should do and, besides providing opportunity and information, he stayed out of the decision making process.

Not saying he should have been unethical but one would think being a star ex-player in control of a nearby powerhouse HS would have yielded more recruits for AU.   Just having your coach share stories favorable to his old school should have some subtle impact.  Maybe there weren’t favorable stories.   Don’t know.   Just saying it was frustrating having that right down the road at the time.  

15 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Well, they just bumped him to $550k as part of a $2M assistant coach increase. Pretty substantial for a position coach.

oh well. I guess old Dell has traded his orange and blue for mutt dog red and black for life. I just hate seeing good coaches who played for Auburn refuse to come back.

6 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

It is sort of funny and sad when he ran Mark Richt off and wanted no mutt coach to come on his campus. I guess he has traded in his Orange and Blue for mutt dog red and black for life!

8 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Not saying he should have been unethical but one would think being a star ex-player in control of a nearby powerhouse HS would have yielded more recruits for AU.   Just having your coach share stories favorable to his old school should have some subtle impact.  Maybe there weren’t favorable stories.   Don’t know.   Just saying it was frustrating having that right down the road at the time.  

Coaching on the O side of the ball is well, coaching for and UNDER Gus.

wde

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It is sort of funny and sad when he ran Mark Richt off and wanted no mutt coach to come on his campus. I guess he has traded in his Orange and Blue for mutt dog red and black for life!

Don't be blind.

wde

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nobody is content with any season since 2010.

Really?  I totally agree.  I was 90 percent content with 2013.  Since then, I have been less than 50 percent content.

wde

Archived