CNN's Sanjay Gupta: President Trump "Borderline Obese," Heart Attack Likely Within 3-5 Years

Auburn85

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/17/cnns_sanjay_gupta_president_trump_borderline_obese_heart_attack_likely_in_3-5_years.html

Wednesday on CNN's 'New Day,' chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta reported that based on the president's coronary calcium scores, Trump has heart disease. The White House doctor gave President Trump a mostly clean bill of health following his first annual physical.

"So he’s one pound away from being in the obese category," host Alyson Camerota emphasized.

"It was interesting when I spoke to Dr. Jackson. At first, he said he passed all the tests with flying colors," Gupta said. "When I asked him specifically about that test, he did then concede that, in fact, the president does have heart disease."

"They're going to be increasing the medications, including the cholesterol-lowering medications to try and combat that, but there's no question, by all standards, by all metrics, anyway a doctor or cardiologist will look at it, the president does have heart disease."

Trump's doctor, Navy Rear Adm. Dr. Ronny Jackson, said that Trump’s “overall health is excellent."

"His cardiac performance during his physical exam was very good, he continues to enjoy the significant, long-term cardiac and overall health benefits that come from a lifetime of abstinence from tobacco and alcohol," Jackson said.

So?

I am not surprised it was downplayed.  That's pretty much SOP for these examinations. And considering his age, having a few pre-conditions or incipient conditions is not surprising.  

I am still more concerned about his personality and mental defects - much less his values. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/17/brzezinski_im_disturbed_that_trump_is_cognitively_healthy_if_he_wasnt_hed_have_excuse_for_behavior.html

Morning Joe's Mika Brzezinski said Wednesday she was "disturbed" that the White House doctor said President Trump is healthy. She also said the announcement that Trump has been deemed cognitively healthy brings the word "evil" to mind.

Brzezinski said Trump's good health report "worries" her because if he was not healthy, "that would be a great excuse for this behavior." 

"Now he has none," Brzezinski added.

She said you can now "deduce other things that are far more nefarious and frightening."

"The fact that the president appears to be according to the doctor, healthy, worries me because if he wasn't healthy, that would be a great excuse for this behavior," Brzezinski lamented. "Now he has none. Which you can then deduce other things that are far more nefarious and frightening."

Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, the physician to the President, stood at the White House press briefing room podium for nearly an hour on Tuesday and fielded questions from the media about the Trump's health.

Guest panelist Steve Rattner had similar thoughts and told the Morning Joe co-host he wasn't sure he was "rooting" for the president to be cognitively healthy or cognitively not healthy.

"I had a similar thought about the president, which is I wasn't sure whether I was rooting for him to turn out to be cognitively healthy or cognitively not healthy," he said. "If you're cognitively healthy and do all this stuff, it's pretty bad."

"I'm disturbed that they say he is cognitively healthy," Brzezinski said.

"I think the word 'evil' comes to mind," she added.

LMAO. So now some guy on CNN is a better evaluator of someone's health than the one who gave Trump's physical. And old CNN jumps all over it like a bear finding a honey hole.

This is HILARIOUS! It is news that a 70-something year old overweight man with the most stressful job on the planet is at risk for having a heart attack! Stop the presses!

1 minute ago, Auburn85 said:

And of course they are all medical experts. Just looking for some little nugget to do a Trump hater article.

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

LMAO. So now some guy on CNN is a better evaluator of someone's health than the one who gave Trump's physical. And old CNN jumps all over it like a bear finding a honey hole.

Come on Proud, Sanjay was a special adviser to Hillary...his commentary comes from a sincere interest for the health of the President given his special relationship with a former candidate...he's a partriot....I'm shocked that you would disparage such a paragon of the Press.

What people don't seem to understand is that Trump and everyone else has a Constitutional right to be an ***hole. People want to say he is medically unfit or has serious mental illness. He is absolutely self-centered and has a YUGE ego, but that's just who he is. We should probably try to learn to deal with it.

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Come on Proud, Sanjay was a special adviser to Hillary...his commentary comes from a sincere interest for the health of the President given his special relationship with a former candidate...he's a partriot....I'm shocked that you would disparage such a paragon of the Press.

You forgot the sarcasm button. A couple here (no names mentioned) might take you seriously.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

What people don't seem to understand is that Trump and everyone else has a Constitutional right to be an ***hole. People want to say he is medically unfit or has serious mental illness. He is absolutely self-centered and has a YUGE ego, but that's just who he is. We should probably try to learn to deal with it.

True but I hope the Dems don't take your advice. I am enjoying their hating and whining.

This is the only thing I'll say on this topic because ultimately whether POTUS is fat or not isn't important to running the country.  However, there's no way he's only 239.

I'm 6'3" myself (same height as Trump).  Last year I weighed 238 and never worked out, but I'm telling you, I didn't look like as big as he does.

I'm happily down to 208 now (feel much better too), but if he's truly only 239, I'd eat my left shoe.

35 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is the only thing I'll say on this topic because ultimately whether POTUS is fat or not isn't important to running the country.  However, there's no way he's only 239.

I'm 6'3" myself (same height as Trump).  Last year I weighed 238 and never worked out, but I'm telling you, I didn't look like as big as he does.

I'm happily down to 208 now (feel much better too), but if he's truly only 239, I'd eat my left shoe.

I think they picked 239 because 240 would make him officially "Obese" according to reporters.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

How many times can I like this one article!? 

As many have said, I'd like to see that cognitive test administered to the audience of reporters....what a bunch of tools...I seriously doubt the whole damn group could combine for a  30  score...

13 hours ago, japantiger said:

How many times can I like this one article!? 

As many have said, I'd like to see that cognitive test administered to the audience of reporters....what a bunch of tools...I seriously doubt the whole damn group could combine for a  30  score...

How about giving the test to Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters.......maybe even a few here:ucrazy:

17 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's 250+. 

23 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's 250+. 

easily.. but i would serve him all the bacon and pork belly he wants. those 12 diet cokes a day ain't helping either.

He is about the same size as our linebackers....folks should be more worried about all of our 300+ pound linemen who have 60+ pounds of gut hanging over their belts.   

On 1/17/2018 at 3:50 PM, homersapien said:

So?

I am not surprised it was downplayed.  That's pretty much SOP for these examinations. And considering his age, having a few pre-conditions or incipient conditions is not surprising.  

I am still more concerned about his personality and mental defects - much less his values. 

Dr. Sapien has spoken.

Mods.......................lock this thread.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

He is about the same size as our linebackers....folks should be more worried about all of our 300+ pound linemen who have 60+ pounds of gut hanging over their belts.   

That does worry me!  ;D

Archived