Men vs. uat

WarTiger

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No need to talk down to me. I know exactly what he meant. It's a trash expression and this Auburn team does not warrant that attitude. bammer was not great at the line either. It was just one of those games. 

No one is talking down to you.  I'm actually trying to be cordial.  If you'd like me to be an a**, I can be.  What Bama shot from the line is irrelevant.  We shot well under our average.  When a team doesn't play up to its potential, it deserves to lose.  And unlike you, I've been in locker rooms with both college and professional athletes.  I got paid to travel with them for several years.  And I'm telling you from experience, players and coaches would tell you the exact same thing.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad game- bad shooting, bad FTs, bad defense. Flush it. Everybody has bad games. 

Important not to let one loss turn into 3. Let's beat UGA. Maten is the only real threat I see them posing- our guards are better and if we can contain him, we should be fine. Let's have a better game saturday. Still first in the SEC, still 16-2 overall. Not many teams can say this at this point. 

We weren't going to win them all but sucks to drop that one. Very winnable road game with the best player being out. Gotta stop going down by double digits to teams. That is a concerning trend

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No one is talking down to you.  I'm actually trying to be cordial.  If you'd like me to be an a**, I can be.  What Bama shot from the line is irrelevant.  We shot well under our average.  When a team doesn't play up to its potential, it deserves to lose.  And unlike you, I've been in locker rooms with both college and professional athletes.  I got paid to travel with them for several years.  And I'm telling you from experience, players and coaches would tell you the exact same thing.

You were. It's called mansplaining. Look it up. And I still disagree. It's a terrible thing to say about THIS team. Good night.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You were. It's called mansplaining. Look it up. And I still disagree. It's a terrible thing to say about THIS team. Good night.

I'm well aware of what mansplaining is and I would argue that I didn't do it.   I'm trying to say how this is something that I'm coming from with experience in the field, not emotion.  But whatever.  Feel what you must.

Good night to you as well.

38 minutes ago, Altima said:

i don’t know... they just beat us without their best player.

Yeah but I doubt Petty goes crazy in Auburn like he did tonight and we should shoot and play much better D at home. I'd actually pick us by 10+ at home. 

Pearl said on Post Game that:

1. He needs to spend more time at practice getting the team to know and execute the plays. They lost that during this game.

The last play to try to tie, BB did not execute his part correctly and free lanced causing the pass to be tough and why he stepped out of bounds. But Pearl said we did thar many times where we did not execute the plays as he called it.

2. Also said we don't have more than 1 Bryce Brown to play D. Someone else has to step up. BP was irritated that since Petty was getting hot, someone had to make him put the ball on the floor, but did not hence I think he hit 8 3 pointers?

3. Murray starting out slow hurt us. He did all he could in the second half.

4. He wants to use more of Okeke. He seems to play well when in there.

5. Heron had a cold, and he said his shot didn't feel good in shoot arounds. To be honest, I think Heron continually tries to force his shot, and hos drives causing bad shots or TOs. I think this has happened more often than tonight.

Heron had a bad night. Harper had a bad night. Brown had a not very good night. FT shooting killed us. Petty was insane. UAT played sloppy ball and we played worse. They were WAY bigger than us!

Ugh that sucked. But i knew we werent gonna win out. You have bad nights in basketball, fortunately its a short turnaround. The guys need to remember the feeling but forget the performance and move on. Play the Mad D we did in the first few SEC games and play SMART like we did in the first few sec games. We’re alright, theres some things we shouldve done differently but sometimes you just get in your own way. 

War Eagle!

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I know what you mean and feel that way about lots of sports.  Happens all the time where a team doesn’t have it and didn’t do what they needed to.  i.e. doesn’t deserve it.  I thought it was a common enough saying in sports.

not sure why you got jumped on.  I feel, often, that we deserve wins that we don’t end up getting.  We deserved many wins in baseball last year and didn’t get them.  The last couple of losses in the tourney last year come to mind.

i didn’t watch enough of the basketball game to have an opinion.  By the sound of my daughter, who did watch the first part of the second half ... she pretty much agreed with you.

Exactly. No malicious intent and just saying we didn't get the job done. Glad at least you and @Brad_ATXunderstood what I was getting at

Really wish Sexton would have played to make this loss look better. I knew we would have a game like this where we came back down to earth.  I just HATE that it had to be Alabama. MUST bounce back on Saturday.

3 keys to this loss:

1. Herron had the worst game I have seen him have in an AU uniform. We missed his double digit scoring tremendously.

2. Harper did not hit any 3's (usually good for a couple or 3 a game), and was horrid at the free throw line, where he usually thrives.

3. That guy Petty was just unconscious. Hardly looked at the goal and just threw shots up and they went in. As someone who has played a lot of bball games, I have been on both ends of that spectrum. You hope the guy having that night is on your team (he wasn't), and on d you just helplessly watch the ball fall in the hoop and want to cry.

Got to put this completely behind us. It stings but hopefully our players learn from it and it doesn't happen again this year.

1 hour ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Losses happen in basketball. It just sucks it was Bama. Lets get them in Auburn Arena whrn their SGA president will be there too. Meanwhile, lets get a W against uga

Tells you something about this season when we are only about a third through the SEC season and everyone has at least one loss.  Looking like no dominant teams this year.

12 hours ago, TigerOne said:

and us without ours

Apples to Oranges

Sexton averages 19 points a game this season, he didn’t play against us, and we still lost. Donta Hall was injured and only had token minutes as well. That’s a problem. 

Wiley has averaged 0 points per game and he has had no effect on the scoreboard the last 18 games and he will not have any effect on our future games this season unless the NCAA reverses their decision which is probably unlikely. 

Sometimes you have nights like this. But last night, Bama is a nightmare matchup for us. They are just bigger across the board and that limits our margin for error, and we just had an overall off night. It happens. Heron actually looked like a freshman for the first time since he's been here, Harper had his worst game in a long time, Anfernee was taken out of the game, we, by-far, had the worst FT shooting of the season, and Petty just went beserk. He was hitting everything. 

And through all of that, we actually had a chance to win this thing at the end of the game! We never stopped fighting down to the last second and with some better FT shooting we overwhelm them at the end. I'm glad we get another shot at them at home, even with Sexton playing it's doubtful all of our guys have such off and uncharacteristic nights.

UGA is big too, we are going to need put this one behind us.

On 1/17/2018 at 9:04 PM, Tigerbelle said:

There is an appropriate forum for SJW stuff.   I enjoy avoiding that forum and prefer not to mix that kind of stuff please.  

It's a forum and there is a lot that is open to interpretation.  We are all Auburn fans, let's give each other the benefit of some doubt or credibility.  Losing to bama in a trivia bowl contest would chap my butt.  

the game had no flow. refs didnt call fouls and it threw off auburn offense. when their not shooting well they drive to basket and make it or go to free throw line. refs allowed way to much physical contact by alabama defenders. nothing went auburns way. 

Archived