AU Hires New AD Allen Greene (Updated 1/19/18: Presser Added)

ellitor

NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF FINANCES OR FUNDRAISING.   As it should be. 

The Crepea question was about as asinine as I would have expected from him and the answer was really telling..."I'm going to listen". 

Well done Allen Greene 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The Crepea question was about as asinine as I would have expected from him and the answer was really telling..."I'm going to listen". 

Well done Allen Greene 

Crepea is pathetic. Though , I don’t expect much from al.com.  Many of their articles seem to paint Auburn in a negative light.  I find my info on Auburn elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

This will require agreement from Georgia and who knows how many others. While the move would help Auburn, I don't see UGA agreeing with it as long as Tech stays a weakling, which will probably be forever. If the entire SEC would have to approve, then bammer would be in violent opposition as well. In short, while this would be good for Auburn I don't think it's something worth hoping for.

Agree 100%.

I can see UT being in violent opposition as well as uat.  I can't think on one single reason why UGA would agree to make AU's life easier in this conference.  UGA should want make AU's life as difficult as possible, the last thing you want is your most hated rival strong, healthy and full of energy when you meet up to for a battle.:dunno:

4 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Crepea is pathetic. Though , I don’t expect much from al.com.  Many of their articles seem to paint Auburn in a negative light.  I find my info on Auburn elsewhere. 

I find the same thing also. Then if you look at the comments section of most Auburn articles the majority are Alabama posters. Writing negative about Auburn will make sure you get your hits in the state of Alabama.

After watch the press conference I am very impressed with this hire. While there is always the opportunity for it to fail I feel that we are in a good position moving forward.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:04 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Well done Allen Greene 

This is so powerful. My husband and I held "listening meetings" in our home when we were appointed to serve this area many moons ago. They were open to anyone who wanted to come. It was especially important as we had been told (by our "PTB") that we were walking into an impossible pastorate. It proved to be true, but God has worked in the last decade to resurrect. We now smile again, but having the initial meetings were the key to at least understanding perspective across the board...and it showed that we cared enough to make the time and priority to do so.  In any leadership situation, listening is paramount. I love that Auburn athletics, top-down, believes the same.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, SumterAubie said:

Auburn looks to have hit a bottom of the 9th, two outs, down by three, grand slam home run by hiring this man.

I beg to differ.  Dr. Leath hit a triple with the Jay Jacobs "retirement", drew a four pitch walk with the Malzahn extension and just hit a line drive double to the gap with Greene.  And it's still early.  Maybe he'll work some more magic with the new AD and get Marsh back...that would be a grand slam.

Marsh is not coming back.....might as well forget that.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think he'd come back as the AD, but that position has been filled. :)

From what I read about his experiences in Charlotte he would not be AD material...

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

From what I read about his experiences in Charlotte he would not be AD material...

He's plenty smart but concerning his aptitude for an AD job, I don't know. But hey! Marsh went to the same high school I went to. Gotta' root for the home boy.

16 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Previous leadership loved to take polls..

Thank the good lord you spelled polls right or some on here would have a field day with JJ jokes.

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agreed. Why would a USA Olympic coach come back to coach college?

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, WeagleAU said:

you think? updyke.com is run and operated by uat in clandestine ways. Creep is a bammer at heart.

I finally got a chance to watch the press conference from the OP and wow.  This guy seems to be great.  Has all the right answers and very charismatic.  Wish him the best!

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Agreed. Why would a USA Olympic coach come back to coach college?

He is coaching college now...olympic coach is not a full time job.

I wonder if Allen will help us in getting a home and home series with Notre Dame. I wouldn't be surprised me if Buffalo shows up for an Auburn home game or 2 with no road trip scheduled to New York.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Allen will help us in getting a home and home series with Notre Dame. I wouldn't be surprised me if Buffalo shows up for an Auburn home game or 2 with no road trip scheduled to New York.

I believe it also gives us a good chance to hire Turner Gill as our head coach next search.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thank the good lord you spelled polls right or some on here would have a field day with JJ jokes.

Keyboard stutter?

Archived