AU Hires New AD Allen Greene (Updated 1/19/18: Presser Added)

ellitor

30 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So from the MAC to the SEC? Buffalo, really? Buffalo?

Glad we hired atleast one guy from buffalo considering we missed on Turner Gill 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

That's fair but the flip side is also he is young, hungry, and drive. Plus it's like JGT said tonight. If you're looking for a way to get away from the Good Ol' Boy network, this is how it's done.

Those words are worth their weight in gold. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that!

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Our AD reminds me of Duck Dynasty, not sure what we are paying a bunch of people to actually do

This gif has rarely been more appropriate IMO...

200.gif

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

"missed" or dodged a bullet?

Exactly... But that's a different story...

This is one step closer to get JJ out. So I'm stoked!

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If it were fundraising, JJ would still be here.....You must KNOW that it's about winning sports event don't you?   

That's part of it.  But fund raising is a huge part too and JJ has not been cutting the mustard there lately.  As has been stated, several projects have not started because he can't get the support.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If it were fundraising, JJ would still be here.....You must KNOW that it's about winning sports event don't you?   

Wait where is this narrative coming from that JJ is a good fundraiser? I look at that as his biggest failure EVEN MORESO than his questionable coaching hires through the years and we all know the receipts on them. He was unable to get a football only facility and have a major facelift to jordan hare in his time here even when it has been painfully obvious we have needed both for years. It has been said by many on here and elsewhere the BOT and power player donors just did not trust in JJ enough to come up with a good plan for both of these things. 

Leath> Gogue already in my book. Hiring a outsider? That is NOT the Auburn way that it has been done for years and I for one welcome this hire and much needed change. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's part of it.  But fund raising is a huge part too and JJ has not been cutting the mustard there lately.  As has been stated, several projects have not started because he can't get the support.

Actually I left that part out but it is soooo true.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

did this come out of left field like it did to me?

I wonder what sold the committee and not the other names left out there?

TBH I don't know the names that were left. Most of the public ones I knew of took their names out of the running.

Both basketball programs are good at buffalo?!  #win love it!!! I expect one of the first things he does is is hire us a new GREAT womens basketball coach. We have great tradition in womens hoops and we have been dormant for so long. We deserve better. WAR EAGLE ALLEN GREENE!!!!! WELCOME TO AUBURN!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So Danny White gets bested by his protege.

I live and work next to UCF campus (yes the Peach Bowl was painful).  The locals really like Danny White and I believe he has done a great job in his tenure here.  Positive sign for us if our new AD is a Danny White protégé.

I’m sure everyone on here understands that ADs don’t win sporting events. That’s not their jobs. Their job is to create a vision of what we want in our athletics and build a plan to get there. Then they go out and sell that plan and raise money to make that plan become a reality. They do oversee hiring of coaches, but if they are smart they recruit opinions from knowledgeable folks around them. They also ensure that the hire will reflect well on AU and move the program towards the success that we want. While Phil Fuller fulfilled UTs short time need he will not be a long time success for them. I have no pros or cons on the hire at this point. Some positive thought is he is probably not one of the old boys network here at AU so hopefully he will take a new look at our overall program. I think we need some serious upgrades at JHS to start with. Let’s see what he has before we judge him. Welcome to AU  Mr. Greene.

2 minutes ago, aublaise said:

I live and work next to UCF campus (yes the Peach Bowl was painful).  The locals really like Danny White and I believe he has done a great job in his tenure here.  Positive sign for us if our new AD is a Danny White protégé.

If he could of nailed down the kevin sumlin hire like he was SO close to he would of been a legend already in my mind. Worked out for sumlin though. His patience paid off. But yes I agree!!! Love that danny white is his mentor. 

Archived