AU Hires New AD Allen Greene (Updated 1/19/18: Presser Added)

ellitor

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Didn't we just get rid of an AD that was an excellent fund raiser? Haven't people been saying there is more to being an AD than being a good fund raiser?

Yes but Jay was "raised" in the Auburn Athletic Department, had been a part of it since 1991.  Sometimes when you are there for that long you are not part of the solution but rather part of the problem.  You are 100% correct it takes more than just being a good fund raiser to be a successful AD.  I do like the fact that we looked outside "The Family", bringing in someone from the outside is a huge statement considering Jay's path to AD and (I'll go ahead and say it as to not ignore the obvious) also hiring an African-American SEC AD speaks volumes.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2018 at 4:46 PM, AU64 said:

Well that might be good enough....so who will be the first coach to be replaced ?

Swim coach has underachieved pretty remarkably

On 1/19/2018 at 10:01 AM, lionheartkc said:

Thanks for the call out.  I'm touched. I'm not going to difuse your post. You are totally right, from the outside it probably does look like a bit of a hornet's nest, and, let's be honest, if the candidates know anything about SEC football, they also know that they have to deal with a bunch of crap that isn't in the public eye on top of what is.

I do want to state, for the record, the first was not a resignation, the second was, because he was not happy about the terms of the first (banned from campus). I hate to see speculation continue about Coach Meyer's character just because his son is an idiot.

Also, I'll add that I am super excited about this hire, too, and not ready to believe that he just didn't win the job outright over the other, more experienced candidates that some people seem to think would have been a better hire. I'm hoping that, a few years down the road, people are going to be talking about how amazing this hire was and how he is the cream of the AD crop.

On the character issue for Coach Meyer's, sister with two D1 softball players has said it's been well known in the softball community that he is not thought as highly of.

BTW she is thrilled with the new hire.

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

On the character issue for Coach Meyer's, sister with two D1 softball players has said it's been well known in the softball community that he is not thought as highly of.

BTW she is thrilled with the new hire.

It's funny how people say that after this all went down, but prior to that he was always considered someone with a stellar reputation who players loved to play for. Seriously, I can't find a single negative comment about him pre the Corey mess. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

It's funny how people say that after this all went down, but prior to that he was always considered someone with a stellar reputation who players loved to play for. Seriously, I can't find a single negative comment about him pre the Corey mess. 

My observation was that the players loved Coach Meyers but weren't fond of Corey. I'm assuming their love was dampened a bit since he didn't take stiffer action against his son when it was brought to him but that's a tough call for a father to make.

11 minutes ago, Linayus said:

My observation was that the players loved Coach Meyers but weren't fond of Corey. I'm assuming their love was dampened a bit since he didn't take stiffer action against his son when it was brought to him but that's a tough call for a father to make.

Yea, that's the impression I got about both of their entire careers. Clint is a good guy/coach, Corey is a lech who should have probably been jettisoned from the coaching ranks long before he came to Auburn.

Archived