AU Hires New AD Allen Greene (Updated 1/19/18: Presser Added)

ellitor

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just see Tim Jackson standing in front of his bathroom mirror practicing his soul handshake and trying to figure out if it's "bruh" or "bro." Dumbass...

For some levity:Young, doesn't look like a thumb at least... Which would you rather be the face of Athletics based off appearance

Jay-Jacobs.jpeg60r9hdu54o7rtaf7.jpg

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

For some levity:Young, doesn't look like a thumb at least... Which would you rather be the face of Athletics based off appearance

Jay-Jacobs.jpeg60r9hdu54o7rtaf7.jpg

The one who looks like a movie star. Not a guy who looks like he would work at the filling station in mayberry like JJ does lol.

Don’t know this guy or have a clue at how he will perform. I am stoked at the prospect of not hearing people constantly piss and moan about JJ anymore. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The one who looks like a movie star. Not a guy who looks like he would work at the filling station in mayberry like JJ does lol.

My idea exactly! He looks the part. JJ looks like the antagonist in a Disney movie with too much money.

Like others have mentioned, at least he's an outsider that shouldn't be appeasing the good ole boys.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

My idea exactly! He looks the part. JJ looks like the antagonist in a Disney movie with too much money.

Like others have mentioned, at least he's an outsider that shouldn't be appeasing the good ole boys.

omgsh!!!! LOLOLOL!! Love it! so stealing that sir! do you mind? I 1000000% agree btw.

Auburn has tabbed Buffalo's Allen Greene as its new athletic director, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the school had not formalized the hire and it needs to be approved by the school's board of trustees. 

Auburn's Rivals.com affiliate first reported that Green had emerged as the favorite for the job. 

Greene, 41, is a bold hire for Auburn. He does not have a long list of accomplishments as an athletic director, having gotten the job at Buffalo a little more than two years ago when his predecessor Danny White left for Central Florida. But Greene, a former baseball player at Notre Dame who went on to play in the New York Yankees' minor-league system, is considered one of the top up-and-coming administrators in college athletics. 

He will be the third African-American athletic director in SEC history, following Damon Evans, formerly of Georgia, and David Williams at Vanderbilt. He'll be the first hired from outside the institution, as both Evans and Williams were already working at their respective schools before being elevated to athletic director.  

Greene will replace Jay Jacobs, a former Auburn football player who held the post for nearly 13 years but stepped down under pressure in November.

This hire gives me hope. Auburn finally decided to take a different path than the same old path they’ve always taken. I’m underwhelmed that he only had 2 years of experience and it came from a small school like Buffalo. I agree with WDE’s comments that Auburn should never be a place for on-the-job-training.

He’s young and well-spoken of, so here’s to hoping that he’s ready for this opportunity. I hope he crushes it at Auburn! War Eagle, Allen Greene!

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This hire gives me hope. Auburn finally decided to take a different path than the same old path they’ve always taken. I’m underwhelmed that he only had 2 years of experience and it came from a small school like Buffalo. I agree with WDE’s comments that Auburn should never be a place for on-the-job-training.

He’s young and well-spoken of, so here’s to hoping that he’s ready for this opportunity. I hope he crushes it at Auburn! War Eagle, Allen Greene!

2 years experience of being a AD that JJ never had NOR Tim Jackson............... SO that is def a step up in the right direction. Best part? He has never worked in Lee County before!!! I THINK WE ARE LEARNING! lol this certainly IS NOT JABA.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

2 years experience of being a AD that JJ never had NOR Tim Jackson............... SO that is def a step up in the right direction. Best part? He has never worked in Lee County before!!! I THINK WE ARE LEARNING! lol this certainly IS NOT JABA.

Very good point. He’s a much better choice than Tim Jackson would have been and I don’t even know him!

6 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Leath is cut from a different cloth

And Thank God he is. I am glad he understands how important a good athletic department is for the betterment of the University and only helps. He saw  that first hand with Iowa St basketball. Gogue just was not interested at all and wanted nothing to do with our sports programs.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Waiting to see if any of the good old boy network members try to pull a Fulmer. Hope his first act is to tell them all to kick rocks.

They buckled because of twitter. Don't think the AU fans will create the backlash on this one Vols fans did there.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

71f8cceadc80914704321234a216707b.jpg

2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

71f8cceadc80914704321234a216707b.jpg

FiM1qn.gif

SHAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAM!

1 hour ago, DivisionN said:

I hope he will get rid of some of the "influences" that keep causing us to lose players to the NFL long before they are ready. 

Ummm. I don't think he can get rid of players' families & friends.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ummm. I don't think he can get rid of players' families & friends.

Start encouraging recruiting from orphanages? 

10 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Glad we hired atleast one guy from buffalo considering we missed on Turner Gill 

I was honestly thinking about this lol. Those couple of similarities. I see what you did Auburn. 

Archived