2019 4* ILB Ja'len Sims

Zeek

image.png

AU is his 1st offer

Looks like he may end up being a big steal for us if we can keep the pressure on him. We're his only offer right now, in state player, solid looking inside linebacker (something I think we'll need more talent in after next year). Let's lock him down early!

On 1/18/2018 at 8:15 AM, Zeek said:

image.png

AU is his 1st offer

Looks like he may end up being a big steal for us if we can keep the pressure on him. We're his only offer right now, in state player, solid looking inside linebacker (something I think we'll need more talent in after next year). Let's lock him down early!

Thanks Zeek. LB grooming and recruiting is an important emphasis next year in my opinion. We'll have our top three LBs graduating not to mention losing the leader in Tre this year. I think Davis and D Will can pick up the leadership but we Need the Future to step up.

Seniors: D. Davis,  D. Williams, Atkinson, 

Juniors: McBryde

Soph: KJ Britt, Wooten

Incoming Freshman: Michael Harris, Z. McClain, J. Marsh

Hopefully, C. Wooten and KJ Britt make huge steps like D. Will did in his sophomore campaign. There's even talk that J. Marsh might get a safety look. Who knows with LBs these days. I don't like moving quality linebacker talent to DE because it keeps impact players off the field except for pass rush situations. I don't mind certain situations but I'll get off my soapbox. Anyway, i hope we make this an emphasis with T. Will leading the charge. Getting a gift in a quality player (Q. Walker) would do wonders. It's about time we grab a star LB like we did with Tre Williams. 

13 minutes ago, AuburnTaco said:

I think Darrell Williams be a Junior in next year, not a Senior.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Regular old crunchy Taco Bell tacos are still the best tacos. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Post less. You're making me really hungry. Just kidding. Post more often. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Regular old crunchy Taco Bell tacos are still the best tacos. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

And demand royalties from Taco Bell....I'm making a run for the boarder now.

4 hours ago, AuburnTaco said:

I think Darrell Williams be a Junior in next year, not a Senior.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Class of '15 and wasn't redshirted. Sadly, will be a senior next year.

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Nope best tacos chain wise was Taco Viva south Fl. 

Having lived in Texas and Southern California for a little over half my 66 years there is no good chain tacos they are adequate. You have to go to real Mexican restaurant for Mexican food or even better go to a friends house who is a Tejano.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope best tacos chain wise was Taco Viva south Fl. 

Channeling the late great Eddie Guerrero by borrowing part of 1 of his phrases...VIVA LA TACO!!!

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Having lived in Texas and Southern California for a little over half my 66 years there is no good chain tacos they are adequate. You have to go to real Mexican restaurant for Mexican food or even better go to a friends house who is a Tejano.

Oh, don't worry, I've never confused Taco Bell for Mexican food. But it's damned delicious.

One of the few authentic restaurants where I live now is a real taqueria, thank the lord.

I love taco bell, but the one thing they need now is chorizo.  My life will be complete when they have a chorizo taco.  

And back on topic, Sadly i was hoping Williams still had two more years with us.  I feel like he just got here for some reason.

• 1 month later...

I hope we sign Sims. His teammate in the following years class is remarkably impressive watching in person. Jayson Jones. That kid is fun to watch. He ran, threw, and defended like crazy against my son's team that plays in the same area. Seriously, Jones was on another level against this areas competition. Susan Moore should never play Fultondale, lol. Anyway, signing Sims would help snag Jones. We want that kid. He made the Max Preps Sophomore American team.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=6fac8633-15ad-4bfd-b615-a5f3a76608af

AP — Jayson Jones, Fultondale (Birmingham, Ala.)
The 4-star athlete had a monster sophomore season accounting for nearly 3,00 total yards of offense and 35 touchdowns while leading Fultondale to a 11-1 record.

Archived