Null



Charleston Tiger

Football Only Facility

Recommended Posts

Greene just confirmed that Gus has already met with him and hit him up for a football-only facility. Greene confirmed that's first on his docket. Excited they all see what's sorely needed and hope that we do like other schools have and get the trophies/balls/etc. front and center. Should see that gear right off the bat!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




It really has to happen and we will see if those who said that they will, will be very generous.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It really has to happen and we will see if those who said that they will, will be very generous.   

Yep we keep  being told that there are tens of millions of dollars out there just waiting to be donated to the athletic department soon as JJ is gone....so guess now is when we will find out the truth of that assertion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Gus was told the same thing by JJ when he was first hired as HC

When I was in k-12, I was one of those kids who was never very good in art class.  Knowing that I was not gonna be an artist my parents stopped investing much in art supplies for me.   Now replace me with JJ, art with building projects, my parents for donators and art supplies for cash.    

I seriously think if given 100 plans for a project, JJ would pick the one with sparkles on the cover because he likes sparkles.

I get the feel that Greene is gonna understand the needs and value in doing things right for the University and the student athlete.   

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, logan adams said:

Hopefully he sees the need for advancement on the stadium as well. 

So long as it doesn't also drive up ticket prices 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not clear what a FB only facility is. I would call what they are in now that.

:dunno:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I'm not clear what a FB only facility is. I would call what they are in now that.

:dunno:

Same here, I have an idea but I'd like to know more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a couple of other schools that have football only facilities.  I can see reasons kids can be persuaded to go to the dark side.  What a recruiting tool!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/1/4578810/alabama-football-building-pictures

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/7/31/4574556/oregon-football-building-new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get a football only facility but Leath is right. That's an arms race bubble that is bound to burst at some point in the not too distant future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that not what they have now?

 Is it just time to update the practicefacility/training/weight/locker rooms and call it a FB only facility?

Is that what this is about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many SEC teams have a football only facility?  My guess would be the following:

1. bammer

2. UGA

3. Florida

4. LSU??

5. TAMU

 

Could be more, could be less.  Just think, if JJ had not been so persistent over that over sized display monitor and used part of that money to help pay for a football only facility, this conversation would not be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Here are a couple of other schools that have football only facilities.  I can see reasons kids can be persuaded to go to the dark side.  What a recruiting tool!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/1/4578810/alabama-football-building-pictures

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/7/31/4574556/oregon-football-building-new

Holy poop we need to step our game up

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Here are a couple of other schools that have football only facilities.  I can see reasons kids can be persuaded to go to the dark side.  What a recruiting tool!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/1/4578810/alabama-football-building-pictures

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/7/31/4574556/oregon-football-building-new

Hydrotherapy? Anti-gravity treadmill? I wonder how ours would be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Is that not what they have now?

 Is it just time to update the practicefacility/training/weight/locker rooms and call it a FB only facility?

Is that what this is about?

The complex houses the Auburn Athletics business office, communications staff, compliance, development, digital media, equipment management, graphic design, IT, marketing and operations in addition to upper level department administration. Not even close to football only. It was built in 1989. We are a top tier program. We should not be putting off obvious upgrades at a premiere athletic university which is what we are. It is long overdue. For goodness sakes clemson of all teams beat us to it. CLEMSON!!! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope we get a football only facility but Leath is right. That's an arms race bubble that is bound to burst at some point in the not too distant future. 

Honestly that just screams of making a excuse to keep putting it off EVEN LONGER. Which is absolutely the wrong decision. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Same here, I have an idea but I'd like to know more

Think of it like this.......

1. You go to your local mall and see the food court with 5 or 6 restaurants within designated area for a food court with lets say 1. Burger King 2. Pizza Hut 3. Arby's, etc.

2. Take lets say Burger King........ as a stand alone restaurant not in a food court.

3. The way we are now is the food court concept with each restaurant representing various sports.

4. IF we have a football only facility, it is much like a Burger king restaurant by itself in its own building not shared by other sports or other restaurants!

 

I am getting tired and not thinking as clearly as the Doc is used to doing. This idea struck me as I am eating a Whopper and onion rings for a late dinner. Thus my inspiration for this analogy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only place I can think of putting it is either tear down and rebuild the current building or the old ACT.  There isn’t too much space over there if you want to stay close to the indoor field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The only place I can think of putting it is either tear down and rebuild the current building or the old ACT.  There isn’t too much space over there if you want to stay close to the indoor field. 

I think the old ACT would be a better option logistic wise. You could freshen up the current facilities and let it remain a sports facility without any football operations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

How many SEC teams have a football only facility?  My guess would be the following:

1. bammer

2. UGA

3. Florida

4. LSU??

5. TAMU

 

Could be more, could be less.  Just think, if JJ had not been so persistent over that over sized display monitor and used part of that money to help pay for a football only facility, this conversation would not be happening.

The screen was an upgrade to the stadium, which was a must. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

The only place I can think of putting it is either tear down and rebuild the current building or the old ACT.  There isn’t too much space over there if you want to stay close to the indoor field. 

The old track is to the west of the current practice fields. I would think that would be plenty of room. I parked on it a few months ago. I was thinking they would have built something there by now. It has not been used since before I was in college, over ten years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres the solution-

tear down old facilty- move all athletics to coliseum while construction of football only facilty begins on previous site. Once completed, tear down old coliseum- move other athletics elswhere (hopefully even more individual facilities)- build parking decks and a new “athletics facilty (again, could be smaller is say baseball and basketball get their own facilities)

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 21, 2018 at 6:41 PM, GwillMac6 said:

The complex houses the Auburn Athletics business office, communications staff, compliance, development, digital media, equipment management, graphic design, IT, marketing and operations in addition to upper level department administration. Not even close to football only. It was built in 1989. We are a top tier program. We should not be putting off obvious upgrades at a premiere athletic university which is what we are. It is long overdue. For goodness sakes clemson of all teams beat us to it. CLEMSON!!! 

Was what I was looking for.

i get you now 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now