East-West Shrine All Star Game

around4ever

Austin Golson is the only player from Auburn in this game.  I have only watched a few minutes of it but Golson is killing it playing RG.  He is opening huge holes for the RB and I have seen him take the the DT down two times pass blocking without holding.  The announcers (don't know who they are) have been very complimentary of him.  He should get drafted in mid to late rounds. 

57 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Austin Golson is the only player from Auburn in this game.  I have only watched a few minutes of it but Golson is killing it playing RG.  He is opening huge holes for the RB and I have seen him take the the DT down two times pass blocking without holding.  The announcers (don't know who they are) have been very complimentary of him.  He should get drafted in mid to late rounds. 

He certainly deserves it. 

We probably had him playing out of position due to need and his own intelligence and versatility. He was very good at center and ok at tackle but not “great “ at either. Guard may be his spot. I’ll certainly be pulling for him. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

We probably had him playing out of position due to need and his own intelligence and versatility. He was very good at center and ok at tackle but not “great “ at either. Guard may be his spot. I’ll certainly be pulling for him. 

Hopefully NFL teams see how versatile he was. I think it only gives him an upper hand in that he played every position

45 minutes ago, alexava said:

We probably had him playing out of position due to need and his own intelligence and versatility. He was very good at center and ok at tackle but not “great “ at either. Guard may be his spot. I’ll certainly be pulling for him

I understand that OL is intensively team-work dependent, but isn't a pulling guard expected to do it himself?

42 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I understand that OL is intensively team-work dependent, but isn't a pulling guard expected to do it himself?

I see what you did there. He wouldn’t want me pulling that kind of pull anyway. I hope all our players get a career out of football. They earned it. 

Archived