Men vs. Georgia

WarTiger

55 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Wish...granted.

acSO511Gds_fsKuP?format=jpg&name=small

That brought down the house like crazy. My dog still hasn’t forgiven me.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These recent games are not good for anyone's health.....

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Wish...granted.

acSO511Gds_fsKuP?format=jpg&name=small

That play was just filthy!  That also topped of the comeback and gave us back the lead for good. 

That was a 23 point turnaround in eight minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a turnaround of that magnitude happen that fast. Pretty incredible.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Grilled this bad boy while watching our boys fight back in the second half. War Damn Eagle! 

065F996C-EB70-4C7B-92BF-D1306027936D.jpeg

I hope you left some red in the middle..that looks nice.

6 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

We seriously have one of the best home field advantages in most sports. Our fans just bring it! 

Design of the arena is accomplishing what folks wanted....put the fans (especially students) right in the game...a good example of "right sizing" a facility.

Next step will be to have students camping out for tickets like they do a Cameron Indoor.

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Design of the arena is accomplishing what folks wanted....put the fans (especially students) right in the game...a good example of "right sizing" a facility.

Next step will be to have students camping out for tickets like they do a Cameron Indoor.

On his post-game radio interview, Pearl said there were hundreds of students lined up outside three hours before the doors opened. He went down the line shaking hands and thanking each one. The guy is something else!

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Can Bruce come in at halftime of football games?

Bruce said after the game that it was Steven Pearl who suggested a change in the Defense for the 2nd half, and I also heard him say in an interview earlier in the season that Steven said we needed to improve our Free Throw shooting, defense, and rebounding, I guess it was a pretty good move to promote Steven (he has been much better than Person).

Post game quote:

"Our defense collapsed to start the (second) half," Georgia head coach Mark Fox said. "The defense just collapsed. Our defense has been pretty consistent, but then we got caught up in the emotion of the building. We didn't play well offensively, and the combination of those two sunk us."

Auburn Arena.

Getting back to the game and the season. I keep trying to figure out who our MVP is this year. Going into the season I thought it would be Heron hands down.  Now it is tougher to decide. Harper playing great at PG very few turnovers even when we are being pressed and high assist rate, pressing other teams PG's,timely drives, and good three pt shooting. Murray doing all the things this team needs, plays very solid D against much bigger PF's, Rebounding inside against the big boys, taking charges, scoring at times both inside and outside. McLemore hitting three's at around 45% rate, 3 blocks a game making others miss inside, solid rebounding and quick slashed to basket for nice jams. Heron doing what we expected better on D then last year but has not quite made the move to super star. The man that might get my vote though is Bryce Brown he is playing lock down defense, he is handling the ball much better than in past years, He gets hot like the the Microwave used to on three's he goes to the basket with authority, he makes his FT's and he has developed a nice little pull up jump shot.

If I had to vote right now it would be a tossup between Harper and Brown who I believe are the best guard combo in the SEC. I base the best two guard combo in SEC because both have developed into complete players defenders, ball handlers, facilitators and scores.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Getting back to the game and the season. I keep trying to figure out who our MVP is this year. Going into the season I thought it would be Heron hands down.  Now it is tougher to decide. Harper playing great at PG very few turnovers even when we are being pressed and high assist rate, pressing other teams PG's,timely drives, and good three pt shooting. Murray doing all the things this team needs, plays very solid D against much bigger PF's, Rebounding inside against the big boys, taking charges, scoring at times both inside and outside. McLemore hitting three's at around 45% rate, 3 blocks a game making others miss inside, solid rebounding and quick slashed to basket for nice jams. Heron doing what we expected better on D then last year but has not quite made the move to super star. The man that might get my vote though is Bryce Brown he is playing lock down defense, he is handling the ball much better than in past years, He gets hot like the the Microwave used to on three's he goes to the basket with authority, he makes his FT's and he has developed a nice little pull up jump shot.

If I had to vote right now it would be a tossup between Harper and Brown who I believe are the best guard combo in the SEC. I base the best two guard combo in SEC because both have developed into complete players defenders, ball handlers, facilitators and scores.

i don't think it's one guy. We truly have a TEAM of good players 

21 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I LOVE Weagle Weagle! Introducing him to the culture right!

I hate I missed this one. Might have to see about going to a game again this year. Bruce is showing how good a coach he really is. 

Thanks to @WarTiger for the relevant play by play. Seeing the ebb and flow of the game was great. 

We have got to get past this awful first half business if we want to compete for the top spot in the sec which is something I think we can definitely do. But the way we started that second half was amazing. Seemed like that game swung about 30 points in 5 minutes. Great bounce back win by the team. 

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We have got to get past this awful first half business if we want to compete for the top spot in the sec which is something I think we can definitely do. But the way we started that second half was amazing. Seemed like that game swung about 30 points in 5 minutes. Great bounce back win by the team. 

These big second half bursts have all been against middle of the pack SEC teams.....and in each case, our streak was aided by an opponent who all of a sudden could not buy a basket.   Not sure we can count on that much longer...:)

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

These big second half bursts have all been against middle of the pack SEC teams.....and in each case, our streak was aided by an opponent who all of a sudden could not buy a basket.   Not sure we can count on that much longer...:)

Idk if we can count on it, but i will add that the middle of the SEC is pretty good this year. Also, Pearl has said that in multiple games the plan was to wear them down. The burst is concerning, hopefully we can get more consistent play, but UGA also shot out of their minds in the first half. Rule of averages caught up with both teams in 2H. IMO

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!!!!!! not like we did not already know this BUT NOT JUST A GREAT RECRUITER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS A EXCELLENT DEVELOPER OF TALENT!!! Here was bryce browns other offers coming out of high school besides AU: South Alabama, App ST, Charlotte, THE MIGHTY FIU, Georgia Southern and Kennesaw State!!!! And look at him now. He is easily our best player so far this year. WOOOO!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN BRYCE BROWN!!! Bruce has basically re created Chris Lofton from his Rocky Top days here at AU. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/bryce-brown-6699

Archived