2018 4* SDE/DT Malik Langham

WFE12

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

With his size and frame would he project as more of a DT rather than DE?

He's got that SDE body that Rodney loves making into a DT. That's why DT is included in the thread title.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW some Langham nuggets from old friend @kkolumbo. Link     Link 2

Got some scoop on him from over the weekend involving his HC.

His HC felt that if he didn't commit to Bama during his visit that he was going to Auburn. He said that Langham was legitimately a lifelong AU fan and loved it. Didn't have hard feelings on the late offer, but he made promises to other coaches that he'd take OVs there so he feels inclined to keep his promises. Good kid, it sounds like. HC also felt that he might be best suited at RT if it doesn't work out on the DL.

Also of note on Langham....

Horton not only offered him, but asked him to cancel his other OVs and commit on the spot (was a bold move, IMO). Malik said he felt that he should honor his word to the other coaches and go on the visits.

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Not a big fan of the commit on the spot kind of approach.  Let the kid make sure where he wants to go.

Hey. He grew up an AU fan. It may have been a dream offer so it was worth a shot.

18 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Not a big fan of the commit on the spot kind of approach.  Let the kid make sure where he wants to go.

I’ve got no problem with this approach at all, in certain situations. Seems like we use the high-pressure tactics less than a lot of our competitors, often (seemingly) to our disadvantage. I like the cajones Horton showing.

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I agree, however from a coaches POV this late in the cycle, it may have been more for getting a guy committed and being able to focus on the last spots in the class instead of possibly having to reach for one last take late. Not to mention that they think he is a good player.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Tega 2.0... maybe

Unlike Tega he has grown up playing football his whole life. While he may have been playing D-Line he has been playing against O-Linemen so alraeady has some basic skills. It would be easier for him to switch to O-line then Tega. That said I like him at DT or strong side DE.

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don’t see this kid filling an OT need.  Probably DE/DT only.  Think this is just one of those Garner wants.  

You could be right but KK has some connections & isn't the type to just throw stuff out there.

FWIW I've seen some recruiting analysts say they could see him as a RT too.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You could be right but KK has some connections & isn't the type to just throw stuff out there.

FWIW I've seen some recruiting analysts say they could see him as a RT too.

I respect KK and he’s normally right.  

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I respect KK and he’s normally right.  

True but he's missed just like any other connected has. I will fell better about his info here if Keith or Ben dig up the same info.

As shown tonight, KK has sauces from time to time. KK is a known sunshine pumper though and I cannot take his talent evaluations seriously. He was the guy pushing the narrative that Daron Payne was a bad fit after it was known we wasn’t flipping him. 

29 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

As shown tonight, KK has sauces from time to time. KK is a known sunshine pumper though and I cannot take his talent evaluations seriously. He was the guy pushing the narrative that Daron Payne was a bad fit after it was known we wasn’t flipping him. 

I didn’t think Payne was a good fit for the Ellis defense either.  

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

1. You must be thinking of a different KK. The KK I know has had some pretty salty, in your face, blunt takes.

2. I don't know about Payne. I don't remember him saying that but you could be right on that 1. On his other evals however, he's been pretty damn good over the years.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:21 AM, lala said:

I want the best available, and hope we are all investing in the resources to  scout everyone and recruit according to our needs regardless if that is AL, GA or FLA.   

Everybody wants the best . The promise is the best comes in a short supply. I agree with Webb. I hate seeing homegrown talent make waves at other places when they are here for the ripening. The fact is Bama is going to be a proriorty most of the time, along with schools like tOSU. They have that built in blue blood program to pick and pull across the nation. Let’s make sure we are solidifying our own pipeline. 

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

I didn’t think Payne was a good fit for the Ellis defense either.  

Thank God you’re not our coach. 

What would you say our chances are of landing him?

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What would you say our chances are of landing him?

Not going to venture a guess until we can get him on campus for a visit.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not going to venture a guess until we can get him on campus for a visit.

what coach is recruiting him? Is he considered a high priority recruit?

Just now, doc4aday said:

what coach is recruiting him? Is he considered a high priority recruit?

1. Gus, Horton, & I think Garner. 2. I believe he has become one.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

I like these odds! Only the bird can conjure up these precise odds!  You should have been a meteorologist on Houston's best TV station! lol!!

Archived