2018 4* SDE/DT Malik Langham

WFE12

3 minutes ago, jskilgro said:

he has interest, certainly. IMO, if we were more confident Coach Horton wouldn’t have pushed so hard for an on-the-spot commitment. hope he comes to the light, but we’re several months late to this party. if the gumps want him, he’s theirs. 

AU pushed for an on the spot commitment because slots are getting very few and the sooner we can get some answers the better. I think everyone that we are willing to take has been pushed to pull the trigger. The Big Dogs don't have to jump early and the others aren't being given the opportunity to pull the trigger until we get some indications from the top choices.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, jskilgro said:

if we were more confident Coach Horton wouldn’t have pushed so hard for an on-the-spot commitment.

Had nothing to do with confidence level IMO. We came late so he fely he had to come strong.

53 minutes ago, jskilgro said:

we’re several months late to this party.

Try about a month. Bama offered in mid-late December.

10 hours ago, jskilgro said:

appreciate the courtesy visit, mr. langham. too much bammer in him, i hear. 

Your “informed” Bama buddy is feeding you some crap

This wouldn't be a terrible get but it's really not a position need that I'm dying to have. The kid is huge though and he might not be a bad get if we're really looking for best available.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

This can't be! Tennessee is going to get all the guys they want. Nobody skips out on a trip to visit the mighty Pruitt at Rotten Crotch in favor of Auburn, do they? :):)

Who said UT would get any recruit they wanted? 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

This wouldn't be a terrible get but it's really not a position need that I'm dying to have. The kid is huge though and he might not be a bad get if we're really looking for best available.

The staff wants him and have him as a top priority.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

12 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The staff wants him and have him as a top priority.

Plus you can never have too many quality DTs, especially in the SEC.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plus you can never have too many quality DTs, especially in the SEC.

But E, Clay, you guys know I just want some OL boys!  Maybe he could play both ways :dunno::beer2:

that's my sarcasm font btw

Not only is the young man a quality DT prospect who had a great senior year, he also has the frame and potential to move to the other side of the line if DT does not work, as did his hopefully future position coach Garner. In my mind he would be a huge get. Give me him, Tannor who would allow us to keep RJ at linebacker since we are not getting  Walker and Mr. Anderson as a grad transfer and then decide whether to greyshirt Fuqua or let him sign. I have no idea where he is physically so i cannot guess how that should go.

Just now, Zeek said:

But E, Clay, you guys know I just want some OL boys!  Maybe he could play both ways :dunno::beer2:

that's my sarcasm font btw

I think his size will force him into a tackle position FWIW :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

His first highlight was of him getting a block on a punt return :jossun:

Unrelated note, I definitely don't want us to recruit his school's camera worker :dead:

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I see the same things in him I saw in Prince Tega.  Tools and frame that can develop into an excellent OT.

26 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Not only is the young man a quality DT prospect who had a great senior year, he also has the frame and potential to move to the other side of the line if DT does not work, as did his hopefully future position coach Garner. In my mind he would be a huge get. Give me him, Tannor who would allow us to keep RJ at linebacker since we are not getting  Walker and Mr. Anderson as a grad transfer and then decide whether to greyshirt Fuqua or let him sign. I have no idea where he is physically so i cannot guess how that should go.

AU is only looking at Jibunor as a Buck End right now. Things may change later after he gets to AU but that's where things stand now.

ok E, but you tell Mickey that when we only have two true lbs in the class. Sometimes you have to read the smoke signals because remember S. White was not suspended for the first game either!

1 minute ago, auol72 said:

ok E, but you tell Mickey that when we only have two true lbs in the class. Sometimes you have to read the smoke signals because remember S. White was not suspended for the first game either!

Marsh is the 3rd LB in the class as of now. Still a lot to play out to see where he plays though.

And huh on White? He was suspended for the 1st game.

yes, you and i know that but Gus stood up in the press confernce the week of the game and told everyone that no one was suspended, remember now. Same as they are saying now that RJ is still a buck. They are still telling another recruit that he is the man at lb. If we get Tannor RJ will stay at LB, but hey that is just my opinion so it is not worth much.

The recruiting grim reaper of  crutin Tim Watts the main bama 247 mod put in his crystal ball to bama for langham. He is as good as gone. Watts is one of the best in the biz and well connected.

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The recruiting grim reaper of  crutin Tim Watts the main bama 247 mod put in his crystal ball to bama for langham. He is as good as gone. Watts is one of the best in the biz and well connected.

tumblr_mnaaaoxczC1qhr01io1_400.gif

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It feels like Allen Greene is personally delivering this message.  It's funny, because when fredst posts something it doesn't feel as if a dog is posting.

Archived