2018 4* SDE/DT Malik Langham

WFE12

4 hours ago, DAG said:

And that would be foolish. And yes, you are the only one who feels that way. It happens every year. Business, never personal.

I'll still contend I'm not the only one. Never said it wouldn't be foolish.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You are not the only one who feels that way. Might be foolish to someone who has eyes on the NFL but for someone looking for an education and to have fun playing football I don't think it's foolish at all. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

You probably aren’t the only one on this football forum because we have folks on here with zero reality towards life other than Auburn, but if you are a high quality recruit , chances are you are trying to get to the next level. Rarely, are you going to let your emotions over ride that unless you  A).have slim to none chance of making it, B). Have family resources to help you in that decision or C). are Myrone Rolle. Most of these kids ultimate goal is absolutely the NFL to take care of their families. I could care less if a kid couldn’t get to his first school if he can make an impact at Auburn and get to the next level. Kind of like how are “fans” bashed CD for making a business decision. Now he will be representing AU at the combine and the guys who spoke about him will be sitting at home , hoping to get drafted. People need to get a grip about reality. I hope all the kids tOSU and Bama reject come to AU. I hope they all get educated AND make it to the NFL.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I heard a days ago that Malik really wanted to sign with Auburn but they just waited to long before offering. That bites.

That's silly. If he "really wants to sign with Auburn" then he has his chance today.

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's silly. If he "really wants to sign with Auburn" then he has his chance today.

Having been guilty of it many times....pride can make you do strange things

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Not if a team like Texas A&M or Georgia didn't wait around like AU did.

Can you diagram this sentence for me?

image.jpeg 

This is the most disappointing news of the day. We were never going to get Ross but we got some good receivers. Langham should have been ours. This one hurts and will hurt the team. 

5 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

This is the most disappointing news of the day. We were never going to get Ross but we got some good receivers. Langham should have been ours. This one hurts and will hurt the team. 

I think this is a bit of an overstatement.  It's not like we are thin at DE/Buck.  TD Moultry, Big Cat Bryant, Paul James III and now Richard Jibunor coming in.  I think we'll be ok.  It's one guy at a position that wasn't a big need (such as OT, which we definitely struck out on).

On 2/7/2018 at 4:20 PM, TitanTiger said:

I think this is a bit of an overstatement.  It's not like we are thin at DE/Buck.  TD Moultry, Big Cat Bryant, Paul James III and now Richard Jibunor coming in.  I think we'll be ok.  It's one guy at a position that wasn't a big need (such as OT, which we definitely struck out on).

He has the frame to bulk up and flip to OT like Sammons and Tega. Would have at least been one more potential long-term project for that position. 

• 1 year later...

Saban recruits that way if there's a big time player he wants badly. He tells the recruit to Alabama on the spot and don't make any more visits. If they don't, then Saban pulls Alabama's offer and goes after some other top player. That way seems to work for Nicky and bammer cause look at all the great players they've been signing since he's been at bammer.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Saban recruits that way if there's a big time player he wants badly. He tells the recruit to Alabama on the spot and don't make any more visits. If they don't, then Saban pulls Alabama's offer and goes after some other top player. That way seems to work for Nicky and bammer cause look at all the great players they've been signing since he's been at bammer.

That also works for them because they have players lining up to play for them. Good luck with that tactic here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, DAG said:

That also works for them because they have players lining up to play for them. Good luck with that tactic here.

You are dead on right 110%. Not too long ago, Clemson was trailing us in recruiting and now has left in the dust.  If Clemson can do it, there is no reason we cannot.  This might result in a coaching change for us who can recruit and coach on par with Saban, Dabbo, Jimbo,  Kirby and Mullen & maybe old Orgeron at LSU. This is a 2 sided sword in that in order to win big on a consistent basis you have to recruit lights out and coach lights out.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, CJ4Six said:

He entered the transfer portal today. Hmmm

Malik Langham enters name into NCAA transfer portal

He could possibly be a nice get for us. I remember when he was being recruited, it was between us and Florida.  I hope we have a chance with him!

Archived