Clemson Recruiting

corchjay

Dabo was at HT today visiting Quick (2019) and Worsham (2021).   Pretty sure he made the rounds around B’ham as well I’d assume Thompson and Hoover but not confirmation on those 

Just hate how late we move on players that are obviously going to be top tier when they are seniors.  Dazalin being one of them.  I know we have had him on visits but a coach especially the head coach dropping by the school creates a buzz at the school that excites the player.  

My son can’t stand Dabo but just because he is Clemson’s head coach he posed with Dabo.  He and Dazalin are very good friends.

FYI. Dabo was in Perry, GA last week watching Trayvon Walker, Thomaston Upson Lee playing Perry in basketball. Trayvon is the starting center for the UL Knights, coached by AU basketball legend Darryl Lockhart and their 53 game winning streak. Trayvon is  a coveted TE/DE that Dabo is interested in at a solid 6'5" 260. Kirby Smart just helicoptered in to Thomaston this morning, 1/23/18, to visit Trayvon and his coaches. When do our coaches begin building relationships with future recruits and do the AU coaches have Trayvon on our radar for the 2019 class? 

• 1 year later...

Just noticed they have 29 signees and half are three stars. Seems like we would be jumping from bridges if this was our mix.   I’m confused as to why, with the roll they are on. Any opinions?

30 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Just noticed they have 29 signees and half are three stars. Seems like we would be jumping from bridges if this was our mix.   I’m confused as to why, with the roll they are on. Any opinions?

They develop kids...and the ACC buys you time to do so. 

48 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Still ranked in the top ten...could be that Kirby has an impact they have been loading up from the state of Georgia in recent years and did not get to where they are with 3* players. 

Two very good years in '17 an '18....bunch of 4 and 5* players...6 each five* and 4* last year....not big numbers but getting the quality.  As long as Lawrence is there, with their good RBs  they will be OK on offense.  

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Because they are keeping & developing their players unlike us at a few positions. Also before this year they have whipped our tail on the trail the last 4 or 5 years & took a bite out of us.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, BJCrawford said:

There's this thang called coaching, development, roster management, effective game planning that some programs have in spades.  They can take a 3* and mold him into a 5* from an execution standpoint. 

Then there's the quality of conference the play in, where they only face a serious challenge or two during the regular season.  It saves the wear and tear on a players body and brain so that by the time they get to the post season they have healthy players with a conquer the world mentality and they are ready to stand toe to toe with any team they face.  

• 11 months later...

rew.png

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They are now in perpetual motion. 

With potential to be that way for a very very long time. 

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

With potential to be that way for a very very long time. 

If FSU and Miami can't make it back, then they will go undefeated throughout the regular season until Dabo retires

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Clemson signee Tanner Tessmann to join FC Dallas in MLS instead of going to college

Tessmann signed with Clemson in December to play on a soccer scholarship as well as walk on the football team

by Tom Fornelli

Major League Soccer kicks off its new season this weekend and has been celebrating its 25th anniversary in recent days leading up to it. Maybe it's all that excitement that caused Clemson signee Tanner Tressmann to make the decision to skip kicking footballs for Clemson and instead kick futbols for MLS squad FC Dallas.

Tessmann signed with Clemson's soccer team in December and was also scheduled to kick on the football team even though he'd never played football before. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney had known Tessmann for years because he's friends with his father, and Swinney said last December that he had seen Tessman "bomb it 45 to 50 yards in the eighth grade."

"He's one of the best athletes," Swinney said. "He could go play D-I basketball. He could probably start at receiver at Clemson. He could probably play safety at Clemson. He's a 6-foot-2 phenom. He can fly. He's as good an athlete as I've ever seen."

Instead, he'll play Major League Soccer. Tessman is 18 years old but has been playing in the FC Dallas Academy since 2016.

"I'm excited to get started," said Tessman in a statement announcing his deal. "Signing a professional contract has been a goal of mine since I moved to Texas to join the Academy at 14 years old. I've made a lot of sacrifices to get this opportunity, so it meant a lot to have my family here with me today."

While Swinney and Clemson will surely be sad to see Tessman go, the Tigers still have B.T. Potter for one more season, and possibly two unless he decides to join MLS too, anyway.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

rewrew.gif

gr4ew4.gif

et.gif

Archived