i have a question about posting articles

aubiefifty

earlier today i posted the article of kodi burns getting a new contract. someone said the news was fairly old but i never saw one article posted about kodi.on here so i thought it was cool but from the two replies i deleted it. How is it a bad thing or maybe an annoyance to some if the article has not been posted on the site?i am certainly not arguing but would appreciate more input. and yes i am an old geezer and not as sharp as i wish i was but it would be nice to know some sort of guidelines of right and wrong here. and a mod telling me would be great since they know what needs to be enforced. anyway not upset nor anything like that just hoping for some clarification. and in my own defense i seldom ever see the date an article is printed but it will often say :posted 2-3 mins ago. so unless i hit the news site every single day i can get confused about articles. thanks!

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

earlier today i posted the article of kodi burns getting a new contract. someone said the news was fairly old but i never saw one article posted about kodi.on here so i thought it was cool but from the two replies i deleted it. How is it a bad thing or maybe an annoyance to some if the article has not been posted on the site?i am certainly not arguing but would appreciate more input. and yes i am an old geezer and not as sharp as i wish i was but it would be nice to know some sort of guidelines of right and wrong here. and a mod telling me would be great since they know what needs to be enforced. anyway not upset nor anything like that just hoping for some clarification. and in my own defense i seldom ever see the date an article is printed but it will often say :posted 2-3 mins ago. so unless i hit the news site every single day i can get confused about articles. thanks!

Respectfully, perhaps since the articles are technically from the media, you might start posting them there unless the PTB on this forum do decide to create an "Article" Board, as the previous thread discussed?

Edit:  Just saying, perhaps that way these perceived criticisms you receive will greatly diminish.

Just my opinion, but I believe the poster that is an insider revealed that the contract was done prior to a public announcement and not criticizing you for posting old news.  The public announcement is new.

i never saw where anything was ever decided. last time i checked the post concerning this some were for and some were against. this is why i asked a mod to step in. but i am not fussing i just would like to know one way or another. nothing worse than taking time out on many mornings to post articles only to get blowback when i was just trying to help.

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

@aubiefifty you just need your own sub forum ? :poke:

well this certainly makes me feel better even if i know it is in  jest. rolls eyes..................

hey i am lazy.....posting those article is hard work.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Again, I appreciate the articles, because I rarely ever will go to Al.com. :bow:

I appreciate it greatly for this huge reason alone. 

after a good nights sleep and feeling i had been tricked when someone told me a brand new article i had posted was old news thus me deleting it i will post what i want when i want according to rules on here and not what a couple of people want. if i am doing something wrong then tell the mods and let them take action. looking back on the hundreds of views { some over a thousand} per many of the articles i post i believe those unhappy are in the vast minority and i guess you will have to suffer the horror of digging through posts to find your discussion. hell i do it every single day when i read the different threads on football as well as recruiting and the other auburn sports as well. now lets bombard this thread with a bunch of snarky memes to attempt to make me look foolish.

16 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Again, I appreciate the articles, because I rarely ever will go to Al.com. :bow:

any articles i post i will keep you in mind. you have been super and i appreciate it......

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

after a good nights sleep and feeling i had been tricked when someone told me a brand new article i had posted was old news thus me deleting it i will post what i want when i want according to rules on here and not what a couple of people want. if i am doing something wrong then tell the mods and let them take action. looking back on the hundreds of views { some over a thousand} per many of the articles i post i believe those unhappy are in the vast minority and i guess you will have to suffer the horror of digging through posts to find your discussion. hell i do it every single day when i read the different threads on football as well as recruiting and the other auburn sports as well. now lets bombard this thread with a bunch of snarky memes to attempt to make me look foolish.

Hey, you do YOU!

OWN IT BABY!!!

I am one who previously torched you for posting a two week old article (at the time) that I perceived as having a negative slant on Auburn...several months ago, don't even remember what it was about.  I can be incredibly cynical, and in that vein, I believed you were posting copiously in an effort to simply boost your number of posts.  I have since made peace (right?) and come to understand that your role here is something of a town crier (I mean that respectfully) and I for one am good with that.  Maybe you should change your handle on your profile?  This has become a repetitive issue which is really a non-issue.  I suggest you keep on keeping on.

Image result for keep on keeping on gif

On 1/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, AUsince72 said:

Respectfully, perhaps since the articles are technically from the media, you might start posting them there unless the PTB on this forum do decide to create an "Article" Board, as the previous thread discussed?

Edit:  Just saying, perhaps that way these perceived criticisms you receive will greatly diminish.

I think some has gotten confused over the purpose of different forums.  Media Related isn't about posts that link to articles.  It's about members of the media or the companies that make up the media.  So if you're discussing CBS winning broadcast rights for a sport, or Kevin Scarbinsky leaving AL.com, that's the place for it.  

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think some has gotten confused over the purpose of different forums.  Media Related isn't about posts that link to articles.  It's about members of the media or the companies that make up the media.  So if you're discussing CBS winning broadcast rights for a sport, or Kevin Scarbinsky leaving AL.com, that's the place for it.  

I get that.

It's just that this has become a recurring issue lately where there's a perceived attack on @aubiefifty or whole threads created specifically to discuss where he should post the articles.

I'm just trying to offer an alternative to him that might help since none of the mods or admins (no offense intended) seem to have addressed his concerns.

42 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I am one who previously torched you for posting a two week old article (at the time) that I perceived as having a negative slant on Auburn...several months ago, don't even remember what it was about.  I can be incredibly cynical, and in that vein, I believed you were posting copiously in an effort to simply boost your number of posts.  I have since made peace (right?) and come to understand that your role here is something of a town crier (I mean that respectfully) and I for one am good with that.  Maybe you should change your handle on your profile?  This has become a repetitive issue which is really a non-issue.  I suggest you keep on keeping on.

Image result for keep on keeping on gif

no sir we are fine. this was a different incident.and YOU were right about the old post for the record...............

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I get that.

It's just that this has become a recurring issue lately where there's a perceived attack on @aubiefifty or whole threads created specifically to discuss where he should post the articles.

I'm just trying to offer an alternative to him that might help since none of the mods or admins (no offense intended) seem to have addressed his concerns.

I don’t see the issue with his articles. If they discuss Auburn football, it goes to the Auburn football forum. If he is going to post multiple articles on Auburn football they still go in the Auburn Football thread. Maybe he can combine the articles into one thread if he doesn’t want to clutter the front page. Maybe he can only post the more interesting articles. I’ll labor over some articles but not uninteresting articles with the content flow of 1)introduction, 2) one sentence tidbit, 3)three paragraphs of boring context. 

Many solutions to a first world problem.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t see the issue with his articles. If they discuss Auburn football, it goes to the Auburn football forum. If he is going to post multiple articles on Auburn football they still go in the Auburn Football thread. Maybe he can combine the articles into one thread if he doesn’t want to clutter the front page. Maybe he can only post the more interesting articles. I’ll labor over some articles but not uninteresting articles with the content flow of 1)introduction, 2) one sentence tidbit, 3)three paragraphs of boring context. 

Many solutions to a first world problem.

I don't either but it comes up for some reason.  Just trying to help Fifty out.  Personally, I'm in the happy he posts them camp.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:50 AM, aubiefifty said:

i never saw where anything was ever decided. last time i checked the post concerning this some were for and some were against. this is why i asked a mod to step in. but i am not fussing i just would like to know one way or another. nothing worse than taking time out on many mornings to post articles only to get blowback when i was just trying to help.

You know what would be really cool? If 'The Post Police' would take a chill pill and STHU...yeah, that would be good. Evidently there are those on here (non-mods) who have nothing better to do than monitor posts. Get a freaking life...

Archived