Scarbinsky leaving al.com

MDM4AU

@kevinscarbinski

Now I know how coaches feel. I have a great job at AL.com. I've been offered another great job too good to pass up. I'm joining Bruno Event Team as VP of Marketing. To all of you, thank you, and stay tuned. My work here isn't done. ow.ly/d/7ekw

I remember a time when another geek called Slimebaum was wreaking havoc with everybody and doing his homework and background snooping. Those days are long gone. Scarb has been more like the old Finebaum than the Slimey one!

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

at times even updyke worshipers need to break away from the cult. Wonder if he was forced out or its a promotion from uat.

Interesting you say this...I saw somewhere (maybe in comments) something about him working in the UAB stadium project. Would be interesting if it falls apart after he gets there. ?

7 hours ago, TigerOne said:

at times even updyke worshipers need to break away from the cult. Wonder if he was forced out or its a promotion from uat.

Ronald G. Bruno, Chairman

Mr. Bruno graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Science in Marketing.

• TitanTiger changed the title to Scarbinsky leaving al.com
On 1/28/2018 at 9:40 AM, triangletiger said:

I’ve found Scarbinsky, in general, to be pretty  objective; even if he does like to stir the pot.

I just finished reading his last article. I've always liked him. If I didn't like what I was reading that he wrote about Auburn it was because they had underperformed. It didn't take Scarbinsky telling me that for me to know it, he just always seemed to convey the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. I'll say one more thing, he wrote negative pieces on Bama when others wouldn't dare to. That gives him credibility in my house any day. 

I always like Scarbinsky.  IMHO he was mostly fair with Auburn.  I hate to see him move on.

I really despised some of the articles he wrote about Auburn a few years ago (maybe 2 years?) but he was generally fair and like others have said, sometimes the truth hurts. lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 2:17 PM, Linayus said:

I really despised some of the articles he wrote about Auburn a few years ago (maybe 2 years?) but he was generally fair and like others have said, sometimes the truth hurts. lol

Same here.  He was the AU writer for a while, but I think he is mostly known for after that.  I think he was mostly going for the Finebaum scenario.  He wanted to create a lot of controversy to get responses.  This was especially true once the internet became the prime mover in sports reporting.  I have no ill will towards him.  He showed AU fans the underside that they didn't want to see, but probably needed to see.  I wish him well.  I just wish he had not tried to fill the Finebaum void once PF left Birmingham.  He is a talented writer.   

Archived