Null



Sign in to follow this  
TigerOne

Big 12/SEC Challenge

Recommended Posts

Haven't heard exactly why Auburn and Missouri isn't in it (They take 10 teams I think). Just by chance and didn't we play in it last year?

Like they said last night it would be great to see the SEC #1 team part of the field.

It would help the tournament seeding, but in long run probably helps us to not be playing.

Beat LSU, Sooners crush updykes!

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




16 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Haven't heard exactly why Auburn and Missouri isn't in it (They take 10 teams I think). Just by chance and didn't we play in it last year?

Like they said last night it would be great to see the SEC #1 team part of the field.

It would help the tournament seeding, but in long run probably helps us to not be playing.

Beat LSU, Sooners crush updykes!

It's odd that the 3 "Tigers" of the SEC aren't in it. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine Pearl will be using the snub Saturday as further motivation that the team has an opportunity to prove a point each and every game that we were given no serious consideration prior to the season. Much like almost exclusively being a SEC network feature team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we just crushed a Big 12 team on their home floor last night?  :-\

Edited by Auburn 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of our best wins last year at TCU. Too bad we won’t have that opportunity to further strengthen our resume against a good out-of-conference opponent. Oh well, just keep rolling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gunteas337 said:

They use the final basketball standings from the previous year to determine the participants in the SEC/Big12 challenge.

Then how the heck were we in it the year before? Actually Bruce Pearls first 3 years we were in it. And if they go based on sec standings we had no business being in it as we were at or near the bottom all of those years. Last year we go a respectable/solid 7-11 in sec and we get snubbed and not in it? I do not get it. LOL JOKES ON THEM!!! THE SEC top team in the standings is not in it. Honestly that is the best publicity we could get. No doubt that will be brought up a lot throughout all of the games. WAR EAGLE!!! DOWN with the bayou tigers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just need to take care of LSU and all will be well for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Then how the heck were we in it the year before? Actually Bruce Pearls first 3 years we were in it. And if they go based on sec standings we had no business being in it as we were at or near the bottom all of those years. Last year we go a respectable/solid 7-11 in sec and we get snubbed and not in it? I do not get it. LOL JOKES ON THEM!!! THE SEC top team in the standings is not in it. Honestly that is the best publicity we could get. No doubt that will be brought up a lot throughout all of the games. WAR EAGLE!!! DOWN with the bayou tigers!

Remember we are that 4-14 team .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gunteas337 said:

They use the final basketball standings from the previous year to determine the participants in the SEC/Big12 challenge.

^^^^This & that started this season. Before then it was random besides teams like UK & Florida always being in. The new format is on a 2 year cycle so we won't be in it next year either. Good thing we are in the Maui Invitational next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just browsed back through the schedule today and SEC really has some work cut out for it.....almost no match ups favor SEC teams...either by performance or which team is at home.    Still thinking 4 wins would be an accomplishment.

BTW...noticing that the guy who replaced Stallings at Vandy is having a tough time...used to be able to count on them for a tough game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

So we should be pulling hard for all sec teams as that will help  auburn?....except I simply can’t pull for Bama.

Yes. Because if the SEC balls out today, look for us to get a major bump in our rankings if we win today. It will help the overall perception of our conference and better seeding  come tourney time. This helps recruiting as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

South Carolina with a win will jump into the rankings. They have #14 Texas Tech on the ropes plus huge wins over Kentucky and Florida. They are my dark horse in the SEC tournament

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida hammering  Baylor....I am good with that . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far Georgia and Bama winning in 2nd half, but Ole miss needs help. 

Edited by AUBwins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bama got a good one for the sec. never like to see them win but makes it easier when it helps AU. They have a solid team that could get better as the year goes. Never thought Avery would turn out to be a good hire but he's getting it done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanderbilt hanging in with Texas Christian . Have not seen a score for the Georgia game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Vanderbilt hanging in with Texas Christian . Have not seen a score for the Georgia game. 

Uga lost 56-51 to KSU. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Uga lost 56-51 to KSU. 

We may lose this challenge. I don't see Kentucky beating WVU and Kansas is putting it to Texas A&M. Hopefully Arkansas and Vanderbilt can get us a tie

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this