Dan Enos to uat as QB coach

GwillMac6

Have always loved Enos. Hate he is going to bama and leaving michigan. SMH. 

Interesting career path, in reverse. HC at Central Michigan, to OC at Arky, to QB coach at Bama. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Interesting career path, in reverse. HC at Central Michigan, to OC at Arky, to QB coach at Bama. 

lol yah clearly fits the wants to be a assistant coach type over head coach. He willingly left His head coaching position deep in that off season burt hired him. Would be the perfect OC/ or position coach to hire since he obviously has no head coaching inspirations anymore.

Would not mind having Enos as QB coach at Auburn, just saying. I certainly think we need one, and good one at that.

34 minutes ago, keesler said:

I wonder why he'd rather for for NS over JH?  I'd have to think the pressure and stress at uat is as much or higher. 

I don't follow Michigan in regard to players but he's probably drooling over the chance to see what he can do with Tua. 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I wonder why he'd rather for for NS over JH?  I'd have to think the pressure and stress at uat is as much or higher. 

Maybe he doesn't see the drive in CJH that he had at Stanford and figures Mich is going to keep underachieving anyway...

Unrelated, but I'm very disappointed in CJH.  Not that I'm a Mich fan, but I expected him to be handing Urban his ass by now.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Him and NS are long time friends and go way back.

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Unrelated, but I'm very disappointed in CJH.  Not that I'm a Mich fan, but I expected him to be handing Urban his ass by now.

So, at about $9M per year, how much longer to you think Harbaugh  has to turn the tide in that relationship?    He was just a QB away in my view this year and now his coach is leaving?   Wonder what that means?  

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So, at about $9M per year, how much longer to you think Harbaugh  has to turn the tide in that relationship?    He was just a QB away in my view this year and now his coach is leaving?   Wonder what that means?  

I think it means he is leaving a jerk who hasn't been all that successful to working for a jerk who has been highly successful.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I don't follow them close enough to know but based on how AU people do things (serious comparison, not sarcasm), I'd expect since he's an Uber-Michigan man that he has a longer honeymoon period than "just anybody".

They have been close a couple times.  A couple years ago, I think tOSU got fortunate at the end but this year he seemed to sorta "pull a Gus" (I know we disagree on that some) and went too conservative after starting well and cost himself.

I've gotta think if he can't beat the bogeyman this year, while having a better than 3-4 L record, then year 5 will be like being on Lake Michigan in November (thin-ice).

Then again, I'm not sure Big10-11-12-whatever fans are as nuts as we are, so...

19 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't follow them close enough to know but based on how AU people do things (serious comparison, not sarcasm), I'd expect since he's an Uber-Michigan man that he has a longer honeymoon period than "just anybody".

They have been close a couple times.  A couple years ago, I think tOSU got fortunate at the end but this year he seemed to sorta "pull a Gus" (I know we disagree on that some) and went too conservative after starting well and cost himself.

I've gotta think if he can't beat the bogeyman this year, while having a better than 3-4 L record, then year 5 will be like being on Lake Michigan in November (thin-ice).

Then again, I'm not sure Big10-11-12-whatever fans are as nuts as we are, so...

Some are nuts I guess but the comparison to Gus might be appropriate in some other ways....needs a QB ....and Harbaugh only has one "hated rival" that he needs to at least break even with whereas Gus has two of them.  :)      But you are right...blood is thicker than water and he might get one extra year before the hounds are baying at his door.  

QB was a big issue at UM this year...so wonder whose offense was being run up there? ....looked very NFL-like in the games I watched. 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Some are nuts I guess but the comparison to Gus might be appropriate in some other ways....needs a QB ....and Harbaugh only has one "hated rival" that he needs to at least break even with whereas Gus has two of them.  :)      But you are right...blood is thicker than water and he might get one extra year before the hounds are baying at his door.  

QB was a big issue at UM this year...so wonder whose offense was being run up there? ....looked very NFL-like in the games I watched. 

Totally agree with you on the UM offense.

It's like watching Michigan football in 1984-1986 without the success.

I would have thought Shea Patterson would be enough to keep him at UM.  May be that Patterson's waiver isn't going to work out and the natives will be restless in Ann Arbor?

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yay for you.

Related image

giphy.gifAnd another fine sir

Good hire by spuat.  Too bad Gus doesn't have the pull beyond folks that he has coached or has employed before in terms of hiring new assistants.

wde

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Good hire by spuat.  Too bad Gus doesn't have the pull beyond folks that he has coached or has employed before in terms of hiring new assistants.

wde

IDK if he has pull or if he just refuses to do so. At least on the offensive end. Defensive he is way more open to hire best available or outside his coaching tree.

Archived