Jarrett Stidham has surgery!!!

WFE12

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I couldn't help but cringe a bit when I wrote it since, after my surgery a few months ago, I actually have a semi-colon.

Damn'! Unthinking on my part.

Now I cringe as well.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, lionheartkc said:

I couldn't help but cringe a bit when I wrote it since, after my surgery a few months ago, I actually have a semi-colon.

Me too, lionheartkc. Took out about a foot of mine.

29 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What was the quote Gus said about Stidham missing spring?? Did I read that right? 

Jarrett Stidham will miss at least four of Auburn's spring practices following offseason surgery on his left shoulder.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said Stidham, who had what the program characterized as a "minor procedure" last month, likely won't begin practicing until after spring break. Sophomore backup Malik Willis and freshman early enrollee Joey Gatewood will get all the reps with the first and second teams in the meanwhile

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/02/jarrett_stidham_likely_out_for.html

18 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What was the quote Gus said about Stidham missing spring?? Did I read that right? 

Nothing to be concerned about. I would argue that Summer and lots and lots of reps with the receivers is far more important than Spring for Stidham, since he is already comfortable in the offense. It could also prove to be a boon for us in the future since it will give Willis and Gatewood more time with the 1s.

33 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Nothing to be concerned about. I would argue that Summer and lots and lots of reps with the receivers is far more important than Spring for Stidham, since he is already comfortable in the offense. It could also prove to be a boon for us in the future since it will give Willis and Gatewood more time with the 1s.

You're welcome to just give your opinion. 

You don't have to argue.

:poke:

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Right. It actually forces Malzahn to work the other two qbs. Although that may only consist of polishing up their hand off to tailbacks technique.

18 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Right. It actually forces Malzahn to work the other two qbs. Although that may only consist of polishing up their hand off to tailbacks technique.

Yeah, but which tailback?  That is the question.

Update:
https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-spring-practice-quarterbacks-malik-willis-joey-gatewood

Auburn will return a starting quarterback for the first time since 2014, but he won’t lead the way in spring practice — at least not at the beginning. Stidham is expected to miss the first half of camp while recovering from offseason surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. At best, he’ll be limited for the second half.

That swings the spotlight to Willis and Gatewood. Willis was Stidham’s No. 2 quarterback last season and dazzled with his running ability in garbage time. He didn’t get too many opportunities to lead the full scope of the offense, though. That should change in spring practices and at the A-Day game in April.

Archived