Jan. 26-28 OV Thread

Mikey

Here is a preliminary list per AuburnSports.com. There are still some moving parts. OP will be updated this afternoon when the OV list is concretely known.

image.png

Edited by ellitor
Added visitor list

12 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Any weekend would be a great weekend for Ross to commit.

I don't know, I just don't see him as being much of a boon for anything other than recruiting rankings. We have other needs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't know, I just don't see him as being much of a boon for anything other than recruiting rankings. We have other needs.

Personally, I would like to see us get a top OL  or DL. But I sure wouldn't mind seeing Ross wearing the Orange and Blue  of Auburn this year.

With the WR we have committed so far as long as Hill does not leave us Ross would be nice but our needs at DB, LB and O-Line outweigh our needs at WR.

I think we need to go after two more punters to fill the final spots.  Can never have too many punters or too much depth at that position.  When we are on offense we need to always have a punter on the field so the defense doesn't know what is going on.  OR how confusing would it be when we warm up before the game the other team only sees 6 punters punting the ball back and forth.  Progressive thinking here guys.

source.gif

• Haha 2

Auburn to host 6 official visitors, including pair of top-50 prospects

After a weekend without any official visits, Auburn will be back to a busy few days of recruiting on the Plains.

The Tigers will host six official visitors this weekend, including a few of Auburn’s biggest recruiting targets. This will arguably be the most important official visit weekend in the 2018 recruiting cycle. Here are the prospects who will take official visits this weekend:

* Signed with Auburn

There will also be a handful of underclassman unofficial visits. Keep an eye out for potential updates.

Here’s an in-depth look at the visitors.

Official visitors who are uncommitted, unsigned

There are four visiting prospects who fit that category:

• Ross
  • Tannor
  • Johnson
  • Daniels

Ross has been the talk of the Class of 2018 well before his senior season. He has been visiting the Plains for years, and his time has finally come for an official visit. Ross is one of Auburn’s remaining can’t-miss targets. This weekend will be for all the marbles. He has already taken his official visits to Alabama and Clemson. After the visit with the Crimson Tide last week, there is a growing level of confidence in Tuscaloosa. Auburn will have its chance to woo him — and expect Gus Malzahn to go see him within the next couple of weeks.

When Tannor originally committed to Georgia last summer, it was a two-team race between Georgia and Alabama. He chose the Bulldogs, but he has since backed off that commitment. Tannor visited Auburn a few times late in the season. That gave the Tigers the perception as the favorite. Auburn likes Tannor’s pass-rush skill set. Now the question is: What position will get the final spots in this recruiting class? If it’s an edge rusher, Tannor is a likely candidate.

Johnson hasn’t been the most highly publicized recruit, but several SEC programs are making him a priority. He visited Florida last weekend, and the Gators made an impression on him. Auburn has been a contender the whole time. Johnson’s position fit makes him a tough projection. He could end up as a defensive end or even defensive tackle, but right now he’s listed as a linebacker by some recruiting services. Johnson is a prospect who will be a steal for whoever lands him.

Daniels has been on Auburn’s radar for a while. The Tigers have kept an eye on the in-state cornerback’s development since the beginning of the process. He recently de-committed from Memphis. With Auburn recently taking Roger McCreary at cornerback, it’s unknown what kind of availability the Tigers will have at the position. Daniels will be in a group with Cam Taylor and Joe Foucha trying to make the cut.

Official visitors committed elsewhere, but unsigned

There’s one visitor who is in that category:

• Walker

This will be one of the most important recruiting visits in recent memory. Walker remains committed to Alabama, but he’s looking at other places. He has already officially visited Tennessee and Alabama. Walker plans to go to Georgia next weekend. This weekend will be for Auburn. The Tigers have done a consistent job in the Walker recruitment. Travis Williams has one of Walker’s closest coaching relationships. If there’s going to be a weekend for the Tigers to make a shift in this recruitment, it would be this weekend. I think Auburn is in this much more than the national perception dictates.

Official visitors signed with Auburn

There is one visitor who make it into that category:

• Williams

There isn’t much to say regarding Williams, considering he’s already signed. He will take his official visit to Auburn this weekend, which will coincide with Ross. There will be two big, physical, in-state wide receivers on campus. In Williams’ case, he’s already in the bag for Auburn.

REALLY REALLY WANT WANT WANT this kid. I hope we put the 40 minutes of hell Nolan Richardson full court press on him! lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

REALLY REALLY WANT WANT WANT this kid. I hope we put the 40 minutes of hell Nolan Richardson full court press on him! lol

From how he loved us at BCW last year and what the d-line recruiting has looked like I think he commits. Really thought he would commit to us last year...I think it was closer than we think.

Just now, WFE12 said:

From how he loved us at BCW last year and what the d-line recruiting has looked like I think he commits. Really thought he would commit to us last year...I think it was closer than we think.

I would love getting a former scorned lover of Georgia's in the class. You can call it what you want but he was dropped from their class for bigger fish. No doubt he is motivated and wants to kick their a%^ more than any other team. He is a dang good player and I would love to have him. I def think you are right. I thought honestly we were getting him when we got the last visit before he committed.

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Was real close. But once he committed, AU never kept in touch. Wish AU would have done at the the phone call once a week deal. 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Maybe I’m confused but weren’t there academic concerns with Tannor? He’s a stud, would love him in this class.

That was the Georgia spin on it. I think AU mods has said that was overblown. I THINK he is good to go but honestly they have not addressed the academic concerns about him in awhile. Maybe that is a good sign?

• Thanks 1

So did Ross make his OV?

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So did Ross make his OV?

If he hasn't posted it on twitter then none of us will know. You're our twitter reporter. Other sources would be Keith or JLee.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he hasn't posted it on twitter then none of us will know. You're our twitter reporter. Other sources would be Keith or JLee.

KN has not said anything on him and yah I did not see it on twitter. Thought someone else might know.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

KN has not said anything on him and yah I did not see it on twitter. Thought someone else might know.

Yeah. Keith usually reports when guys get there but he's said nothing about anyone.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Keith usually reports when guys get there but he's said nothing about anyone.

That's because Gus has thrown his Magic Cloak of Orangeness over the football program and no information can escape out.. Several top recruits are being hypnotized so that on signing day they will sign with Auburn, no matter what other sources indicate. I know this because my friend's barber's uncle's wife is a beautician and does the hair of a woman whose husband is a Graduate Assistant for the swimming team.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's because Gus has thrown his Magic Cloak of Orangeness over the football program and no information can escape out.. Several top recruits are being hypnotized so that on signing day they will sign with Auburn, no matter what other sources indicate. I know this because my friend's barber's uncle's wife is a beautician and does the hair of a woman whose husband is a Graduate Assistant for the swimming team.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Thank you I was having a rough morning working when I saw this.  I needed the laugh.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Tanner would be a huge get. 

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for him given that he's a 4 star leaning to AU according to some sites.   Not sure if the staff has a spot for best available at this point but if so he may be the one.