5*s

auburn4ever

26 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why aren't any of our signees or commitments ranked 5-stars? I see at least 2 or 3 on our 2018 class.

Answered this when you asked the same question 3 or 4 days ago. Guess what?...Nothing's changed.

11 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

5 star recruits don't always produce 5 star results. Raven Grey says hello. 

Cowart, Westerman, Roc, Trovon Reed, Lemarcus Rowell as well

40 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

5 star recruits don't always produce 5 star results. Raven Grey says hello. 

Very true. FWIW, I saw Raven Gray play in a high school football game. Easily the most impressive high school player I've ever seen in person. Sad that it ended like it did for him.

We don’t like 5 stars we only want the lower rated guys so we have excuses.  Our coaches don’t try they just give up.  Only 5 teams really want the over rated 5 stars that’s bama UGa Ohio State Texas southern cal.  Maybe Clemson but they just want one or two a year 

lol.  Tongue firmly placed in cheek.  

We love AU that doesn’t mean 7-8 is elite football players do every year.  Also Auburn is awesome but the small town feel ain’t for everyone.  

I rate our recruiting as a whole not as how many 5 star players we get.  I never know the coaches board but if we consistently get 1 or more of our top 5 players from a position group then I count it as a successful year. 

This year however has seemed to be a mixed bag.  That we have a very very solid class but have missed on some guys we wanted 

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Why aren't any of our signees or commitments ranked 5-stars? I see at least 2 or 3 on our 2018 class.

IMG_0997.GIF

29 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We don’t like 5 stars we only want the lower rated guys so we have excuses.  Our coaches don’t try they just give up.  Only 5 teams really want the over rated 5 stars that’s bama UGa Ohio State Texas southern cal.  Maybe Clemson but they just want one or two a year 

lol.  Tongue firmly placed in cheek.  

We love AU that doesn’t mean 7-8 is elite football players do every year.  Also Auburn is awesome but the small town feel ain’t for everyone.  

I rate our recruiting as a whole not as how many 5 star players we get.  I never know the coaches board but if we consistently get 1 or more of our top 5 players from a position group then I count it as a successful year. 

This year however has seemed to be a mixed bag.  That we have a very very solid class but have missed on some guys we wanted 

It is like that every year honestly for us. We are 1 tier away from the top of the mountain when it comes to recruiting. There is positions we miss on every cycle where we have a big need yet we still cannot get the top guys. We are close but still have work to do to recruit like the group ahead of us. Bama, Georgia, Clemson etc get guys they WANT even when other teams have a need at the position they are recruiting at and they would just be a luxury to those schools.

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is like that every year honestly for us. We are 1 tier away from the top of the mountain when it comes to recruiting. There is positions we miss on every cycle where we have a big need yet we still cannot get the top guys. We are close but still have work to do to recruit like the group ahead of us. Bama, Georgia, Clemson etc get guys they WANT even when other teams have a need at the position they are recruiting at and they would just be a luxury to those schools.

The three schools you mentioned are either the state school (Bama UGA) or the premier school in their state (Clemson). Auburn is competing in the hardest recruiting conditions in the history of recruiting imo and we’re still holding up pretty well. I agree I wish we could get over the hump but I’m not exactly sure how we could do that. 

23 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The three schools you mentioned are either the state school (Bama UGA) or the premier school in their state (Clemson). Auburn is competing in the hardest recruiting conditions in the history of recruiting imo and we’re still holding up pretty well. I agree I wish we could get over the hump but I’m not exactly sure how we could do that. 

Win 10 games consistently like clemson. Even before they were in the title hunt they won 10 games every year since 2011. We cannot have these 8-4 regular seasons anymore. Also have no dead weight recruiters on staff. Bama can lose Cristobal, Napier, Bo Davis ,  Kiffin, Pruitt and Kirby in the last few years and still keep the machine churning by replacing them with far less capable recruiters like Daboll, Brent Key and Karl Dunbar because you still got the GOAT recruiting in saban AND like you said they are the state school and recruit nationally better than anyone else where it is more about the name of the school on the polo than who it is doing the recruiting. Top to bottom clemson has one of the best if not the best recruiting staffs in the country.  And you have to do that when you are not a blue blood.They honestly should be our model of how to do things.

I think updated facilities will definitely help. When you're a college athlete the town itself doesn't really matter that much. It's about the education and where you'll spend most of your time (dorms, weight room, practice facility, players lounges, classrooms, etc). 

Archived