#ReleaseTheMemo

WDG

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Question: How is this story regarding Trump wanting to fire Mueller 16 months old?  Trump has only been in office for 12 months and Mueller was appointed Special Counsel 9 months ago.  It's hard to take this argument seriously when your timeline is so far off.

Also, every major media outlet, including Fox, has confirmed that Trump did order it.  Here's Hannity backtracking on his own show the other night after a Fox reporter confirmed the news.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-trump-fires-mueller-new-york-times-story-2018-1

typo (jet lag and didn't edit what I submitted)...16 months old...June last year 1st reported...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/ruddy-robert-mueller-white-house/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/us/politics/robert-mueller-trump.html

And media outlets can't confirm unnamed sources....media outlets have parroted the story...sort of a big difference.   And your article says another Fox reporter was  "confirming some of the details "...some of the details...not that he confirmed Trump ordered it....just like last year; I have no doubt Trump wanted to fire him; and asked about it...that is a far cry from "ordering" it...and Hannity says only this " that yeah, maybe Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for a conflict," the Fox News host said. "Does he not have the right to raise those questions?" 

He does not admit to or conceded the NYT story...do better.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, japantiger said:

typo (jet lag and didn't edit what I submitted)...16 months old...June last year 1st reported...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/ruddy-robert-mueller-white-house/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/us/politics/robert-mueller-trump.html

And media outlets can't confirm unnamed sources....media outlets have parroted the story...sort of a big difference.   And your article says another Fox reporter was  "confirming some of the details "...some of the details...not that he confirmed Trump ordered it....just like last year; I have no doubt Trump wanted to fire him; and asked about it...that is a far cry from "ordering" it...and Hannity says only this " that yeah, maybe Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for a conflict," the Fox News host said. "Does he not have the right to raise those questions?" 

He does not admit to or conceded the NYT story...do better.

Fair enough on the typo.

As for confirming unnamed sources, that's not how it works.  Each media outlet has their own sources (some of them are the same folks), but when a story breaks, each outlet goes to their individual sources to seek confirmation independent of the original organization that broke a story.

For example: Let's say there are 5 (lettered A thru E) people in a meeting with a CEO.  They all heard the same stuff.

Fox breaks a story about something the CEO said or did by quoting unnamed sources A & B, while CNN confirms the first report by quoting C & D, and NBC confirms by quoting B & E.  All sources remain unnamed to protect them from repurcussions and to keep them available as sources.

You don't have to corroborate the exact same sources to confirm the authenticity of a story.  This is where people who don't understand how journalism works lose credibility in their arguments.

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Fair enough on the typo.

As for confirming unnamed sources, that's not how it works.  Each media outlet has their own sources (some of them are the same folks), but when a story breaks, each outlet goes to their individual sources to seek confirmation independent of the original organization that broke a story.

For example: Let's say there are 5 (lettered A thru E) people in a meeting with a CEO.  They all heard the same stuff.

Fox breaks a story about something the CEO said or did by quoting unnamed sources A & B, while CNN confirms the first report by quoting C & D, and NBC confirms by quoting B & E.  All sources remain unnamed to protect them from repurcussions and to keep them available as sources.

You don't have to corroborate the exact same sources to confirm the authenticity of a story.  This is where people who don't understand how journalism works lose credibility in their arguments.

Brad, read the words from your own posts...all that has been "confirmed" by another reporter (dubious use of the word) is Trump considered it and "some" of the details have been confirmed....so basically nothing beyond what was already known and reported....having other reporters "confirm some of the details" from other unnamed sources I hope is not your normal standard for evidence or how you make conclusions.

Brad, I think everyone understands how journalism works...it ain't a big mystery.   I always go back to Obama's golden boy and read his words anytime I have my doubts “All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus,” he said. “Now they don’t. They call us to explain to them what’s happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.”

In the last two weeks, we've seen stories that two of Trump's cabinet leaders were on their way out the door....from the NYT, all from unnamed sources; corroborated across multiple outlets....funny, both are still there and everyone that is actually involved says anyone reporting this is a damn liar.  Quit trying to justify outright lies from this group of "unqualified to do anything" reporters who think it is their job to bring down Trump...Obama and his aides understood the press and used them to get their way.  

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not much of an order was it Dub? 

Weak leader. Not respected by his staff. He feared a guy quitting over his order. Knew he was wrong.  Sorry to add some logic to your assertion. Feel free to carry on as usual.

10 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Brad, read the words from your own posts...all that has been "confirmed" by another reporter (dubious use of the word) is Trump considered it and "some" of the details have been confirmed....so basically nothing beyond what was already known and reported....having other reporters "confirm some of the details" from other unnamed sources I hope is not your normal standard for evidence or how you make conclusions.

Brad, I think everyone understands how journalism works...it ain't a big mystery.   I always go back to Obama's golden boy and read his words anytime I have my doubts “All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus,” he said. “Now they don’t. They call us to explain to them what’s happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.”

In the last two weeks, we've seen stories that two of Trump's cabinet leaders were on their way out the door....from the NYT, all from unnamed sources; corroborated across multiple outlets....funny, both are still there and everyone that is actually involved says anyone reporting this is a damn liar.  Quit trying to justify outright lies from this group of "unqualified to do anything" reporters who think it is their job to bring down Trump...Obama and his aides understood the press and used them to get their way.  

Or you can read your own post.  I was specifically responding to the below and explaining how yes, a story can be corroborated without those same exact sources.

"And media outlets can't confirm unnamed sources....media outlets have parroted the story...sort of a big difference"

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Folks duped by #releasethememo-- useful idiots of the highest order. Putin sends his thanks.

Doesn't appear many were duped, but millions of Americans would like the memo's released. Why not? What's to hide? 

Lose the tinfoil hat Tex. This ain't about Putin. 

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Doesn't appear many were duped, but millions of Americans would like the memo's released. Why not? What's to hide? 

The memo is a red herring. 

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ask Session’s DOJ that said it would be reckless.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370614-doj-official-tells-nunes-itd-be-reckless-to-release-memo-without

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The memo is a red herring. 

And again it doesn't appear many were duped. I am failing to see the significance of this #releasethememo.  Seems irrelevant to me. 

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If your department stood to be embarrassed would you want it released? 

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Hardly an excuse when factual. The NYT has every opportunity to end this. 

It is an excuse when you offer nothing else.  "Shoot the messenger" isn't a rebuttal, it's an excuse.

21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It is an excuse when you offer nothing else.  "Shoot the messenger" isn't a rebuttal, it's an excuse.

We disagree. I'm good with that.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Sessions is more loyal to Trump than DOJ.

Don't think that quite answered the question. 

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

True but it doesn't fit some people's agenda.

It's not an agenda.  For instance, the NYT reported a story on Hillary protecting a man in her campaign who sexually harassed a woman also on the campaign staff.  I believe they are reporting the story accurately.  The NYT also reported on Trump planning to fire Mueller until his counsel threatened to quit.  I believe they reported that accurately as well.  I don't discount stories simply because they come from ritually impure sources.  I know what the NYT is and while it is a left-biased newspaper, it's not fake news.  That's just petty bull**** Trumpettes use to deflect criticism.

40 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Don't think that quite answered the question. 

It’s invetted and supposedly based on classified info. You’re the one in the tinfoil hat believing Nunes has “the goods” on the evil Republican dominated FBI.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's not an agenda.  For instance, the NYT reported a story on Hillary protecting a man in her campaign who sexually harassed a woman also on the campaign staff.  I believe they are reporting the story accurately.  The NYT also reported on Trump planning to fire Mueller until his counsel threatened to quit.  I believe they reported that accurately as well.  I don't discount stories simply because they come from ritually impure sources.  I know what the NYT is and while it is a left-biased newspaper, it's not fake news.  That's just petty bull**** Trumpettes use to deflect criticism.

The left doesn’t think it’s on their side. There’s ample evidence to support that view.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s invetted and supposedly based on classified info. You’re the one in the tinfoil hat believing Nunes has “the goods” on the evil Republican dominated FBI.

Invetted? Quote where I stated Nunes had the goods on anyone. I simply agree with releasing the info that reportedly is not damning to the IC with regards to national security.  

27 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Invetted? Quote where I stated Nunes had the goods on anyone. I simply agree with releasing the info that reportedly is not damning to the IC with regards to national security.  

It’s a biased memo with a political agenda. Not a report of a balanced view.

It is not vetted. They haven’t let DOJ review it for what might be damaging.

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s a biased memo with a political agenda. Not a report of a balanced view.

It is not vetted. They haven’t let DOJ review it for what might be damaging.

You've received no advance copy Tex, so again take off the tin foil hat. Americans will decide. 

20 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You've received no advance copy Tex, so again take off the tin foil hat. Americans will decide. 

Decide about a memo that cherry picks a record they can’t see. You so want to believe what you want that you don’t give a damn about the methods that serve it to you.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Decide about a memo that cherry picks a record they can’t see. You so want to believe what you want that you don’t give a damn about the methods that serve it to you.

Tex, I understand you not wanting this to come out. Just know you are not alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s troubling. It is shocking,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) told Fox News. “Part of me wishes that I didn’t read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.”

“The facts contained in this memo are jaw-dropping and demand full transparency. There is no higher priority than the release of this information to preserve our democracy,” saidRep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), a member of the Judiciary Committee, which oversees the DOJ and the FBI.

Another Judiciary Committee member, Rep. Steve King (R-IA), called what he saw in the memo “sickening” and said it was “worse than Watergate.”

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), another Judiciary Committee member,  called the memo “deeply troubling” and said it raises questions about the “Obama DOJ and Comey FBI.” “The classified report compiled by House Intelligence is deeply troubling and raises serious questions about the upper echelon of the Obama DOJ and Comey FBI as it relates to the so-called collusion investigation,” he tweeted. 

“You think about, ‘is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That’s how alarming it is,” Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA).

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH).

According to Gaetz, the memo’s contents could lead to the firing — and perhaps even jailing — of senior DOJ and FBI officials.“I think that this will not end just with firings. I believe there are people who will go to jail,” He said what he saw in the memo also explains why Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Judiciary Subcommittee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) recently referred the Fusion GPS dossier author Christopher Steele for a criminal investigation. “I think there will be criminal implications here,” Gaetz added.

The memo also reportedly contains information about the dossier put together by Fusion GPS that alleged Trump and members of his team colluded with Russians in the 2016 election, according to a report by investigative journalist Sara Carter.

It was revealed in October that the dossier was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Despite being a political document, the dossier was reportedly part of the evidence FBI officials used to apply for and obtain a warrant through a secret FISA court to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“After over a year of inciting discord and threats of violence across America, it’s encouraging that the individuals in Washington responsible for these efforts to undermine our great democracy may be held accountable soon.”

Breitbart News reported on March 3, 2017, that the Obama administration took steps to undermine Trump’s presidential campaign using “police state” tactics, including spying on the Trump campaign. That report is widely believed to have led to President Trump’s tweet that later accused the Obama administration of wiretapping Trump Tower.

Members of the public and Congress are now calling for the document to be declassified and released to the public.

Immediately #ReleaseTheMemo #FISAMemo & ALL relevant material sourced in it. Every American needs to know the truth! We wouldn't be revealing any sources & methods that we shouldn't; only feds' reliance on bad sources & methods.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Tex, I understand you not wanting this to come out. Just know you are not alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s troubling. It is shocking,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) told Fox News. “Part of me wishes that I didn’t read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.”

“The facts contained in this memo are jaw-dropping and demand full transparency. There is no higher priority than the release of this information to preserve our democracy,” saidRep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), a member of the Judiciary Committee, which oversees the DOJ and the FBI.

Another Judiciary Committee member, Rep. Steve King (R-IA), called what he saw in the memo “sickening” and said it was “worse than Watergate.”

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), another Judiciary Committee member,  called the memo “deeply troubling” and said it raises questions about the “Obama DOJ and Comey FBI.” “The classified report compiled by House Intelligence is deeply troubling and raises serious questions about the upper echelon of the Obama DOJ and Comey FBI as it relates to the so-called collusion investigation,” he tweeted. 

“You think about, ‘is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That’s how alarming it is,” Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA).

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH).

According to Gaetz, the memo’s contents could lead to the firing — and perhaps even jailing — of senior DOJ and FBI officials.“I think that this will not end just with firings. I believe there are people who will go to jail,” He said what he saw in the memo also explains why Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Judiciary Subcommittee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) recently referred the Fusion GPS dossier author Christopher Steele for a criminal investigation. “I think there will be criminal implications here,” Gaetz added.

The memo also reportedly contains information about the dossier put together by Fusion GPS that alleged Trump and members of his team colluded with Russians in the 2016 election, according to a report by investigative journalist Sara Carter.

It was revealed in October that the dossier was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Despite being a political document, the dossier was reportedly part of the evidence FBI officials used to apply for and obtain a warrant through a secret FISA court to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“After over a year of inciting discord and threats of violence across America, it’s encouraging that the individuals in Washington responsible for these efforts to undermine our great democracy may be held accountable soon.”

Breitbart News reported on March 3, 2017, that the Obama administration took steps to undermine Trump’s presidential campaign using “police state” tactics, including spying on the Trump campaign. That report is widely believed to have led to President Trump’s tweet that later accused the Obama administration of wiretapping Trump Tower.

Members of the public and Congress are now calling for the document to be declassified and released to the public.

Immediately #ReleaseTheMemo #FISAMemo & ALL relevant material sourced in it. Every American needs to know the truth! We wouldn't be revealing any sources & methods that we shouldn't; only feds' reliance on bad sources & methods.

The top nut jobs in Congress. Many of them, like you, will believe anything to protect your fellow White Nationalist in the WH.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

The top nut jobs in Congress. Many of them, like you, will believe anything to protect your fellow White Nationalist in the WH.

How heavy is your hat?

Archived