Emmert aware of sexual assault charges at MSU

auburnphan

Many heads are going to roll and it's not just limited to MSU...Olympic committee....NCAA too....Let see, the NCAA sent JoePa to his death..how are they going to treat sparty??

Emmett was busy convering up Land Rover and Escalade distribution and parent’s free housing at UAT.

15 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

What exactly is Emmert’s connection to UAT?

He was the Chancellor at LSUwhen Nick was there, and him and Saban are known to be great friends. 

38 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

What exactly is Emmert’s connection to UAT?

Saban

They are tied at the hip. The cheating at LSU by saban was known, assisted, and covered up by Emmert.  

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

If Saban suddenly announces his retirement, then you know Emmert's skeletons are about to exit the closet.

Al.com will report that Saban decided that he had accomplished all he wanted to do.   

so how does emmert still have a job or at least not been temporarily removed from office impending investigation?

I really think things like this are legal issues, not NCAA issues. Deplorable and disgusting as this is and the situation at Penn State was, they don't provide a competitive advantage. NCAA rules aren't broken. The NCAA is not law enforcement and is not set up to be law enforcement or the justice system.

I thought the NCAA went outside of its boundaries when it punished Penn State and I don't think it has any business here. The justice system should be the entity that takes the adequate measures.

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I really think things like this are legal issues, not NCAA issues. Deplorable and disgusting as this is and the situation at Penn State was, they don't provide a competitive advantage. NCAA rules aren't broken. The NCAA is not law enforcement and is not set up to be law enforcement or the justice system.

I thought the NCAA went outside of its boundaries when it punished Penn State and I don't think it has any business here. The justice system should be the entity that takes the adequate measures.

Basically yes....especially on the Penn State thing with the huge fines.   But as far as Emmert goes, not addressing something like this for seven year goes to the question of his suitability to over-see the athletic programs under  NCAA purview.   As noted, at a minimum he should be on LOA and someone relatively independent of his office should be investigating about how this was handled...ignored, swept under the rug, quick and dirty look....or whatever.  

IMO it's an MSU issue...legally and civilly .....but by failing to take action or following up even after it hit the fan, Emmert has proved himself unfit for his job as the representative of NCAA athletics. . 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Saban

They are tied at the hip. The cheating at LSU by saban was known, assisted, and covered up by Emmert.  

Saban also did the same cheating at MSU and has basically implemented the same program at each place.  I think he still owns car dealerships in East Lansing.

Betsy DeVos met with Michigan State president Lou Anna Simon on September 20th. Two days later, DeVos rolled back Title IX protections for sexual assault victims on college campuses.

maybe we will get lucky one night and see emm and saban on live pd...............lol

Emmertt will retire and his good buddy Nick Saban will become the next President of the NCAA and he will find no evidence of his wrong doing, move on, nothing to see, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Everyone of these administrators. ADs, President, board members, Olympic committee and NCAA admistrators that had a report on their desk or were told about this should be charged with accessory to sexual abuse, failure to report a felony or gross negligence. Not only should they be fired and never allowed to hold this type position again, I think the majority should serve time for their failure to stop this years ago.

10 hours ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

What bothers me about the this is the whole "Glass Houses" thingy going on here...

I'll leave one name here:

Myers

Apples and something so different from apples that someone with no senses could tell them apart. Meyers had an inappropriate, CONSENTUAL, relationship with a player. Nasser assaulted countless women and, thank God, was sentenced to 175 years in prison for it. Clint Meyers covered for his son being a letch. Everyone involved to Michigan State covered for a certified monster.

8 hours ago, Butthead said:

uggg, this sh*t makes me sick.  do none of these idiots have daughters?

They all have very large bank accounts that matter more to them than anything else.

12 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Betsy DeVos met with Michigan State president Lou Anna Simon on September 20th. Two days later, DeVos rolled back Title IX protections for sexual assault victims on college campuses.

I hate what's happened at MSU and hope justice is served to those responsible for allowing it to go on and not doing anything about it, but trying to inject a political blame game is disgusting.

You know why those Title IX guidelines were rescinded right? Under the previous guidelines, universities didn't even have to prove sexual assault. Male students were basically going to be punished despite literally no evidence being presented. How fair is that?

The most controversial portion of the Obama-era guidelines had demanded colleges use the lowest standard of proof, “preponderance of the evidence,” in deciding whether a student is responsible for sexual assault, a verdict that can lead to discipline and even expulsion. On Friday, the Education Department said colleges were free to abandon that standard and raise it to a higher standard known as “clear and convincing evidence.”

In announcing the change, the latest in a widespread rollback of Obama-era rules by the Trump administration, the department issued a statement saying that the old rules “lacked basic elements of fairness.”

read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/us/devos-colleges-sex-assault.html

There really is no perfect solution,  because under the previous Title IX guidelines there had been several cases of male students who were expelled from colleges despite being innocent:

"It was basically next to impossible," he said. Despite a grand jury failing to indict Strange in a criminal court, the Auburn University pseudo court found him in violation of the student code of conduct and recommended expulsion.

When the decision to expel him came down, Strange told his family he was no longer wanted at Auburn.

"When that expulsion was mentioned, it was as if something ran up and blew that match out," Strange said. "Now it's just you, in the dark, by yourself, not knowing which way's up, down, left, right, where the door is, where the exit is, where the light is. That light didn't exist anymore."

After more than three years, Strange says he is "still trying to get over it."

"It's never going to go away. It's always going to be a cross that I'm going have to bear," he said. "It's extremely painful."

Strange told the Washington Examiner that he was able to graduate from the University of South Carolina-Upstate last May. Auburn had removed the expulsion from his transcript and had him listed as a student in good standing with the university.

read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/student-accused-of-sexual-assault-like-being-at-the-bottom-of-this-pit/article/2561901

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I hate what's happened at MSU and hope justice is served to those responsible for allowing it to go on and not doing anything about it, but trying to inject a political blame game is disgusting.

You know why those Title IX guidelines were rescinded right? Under the previous guidelines, universities didn't even have to prove sexual assault. Male students were basically going to be punished despite literally no evidence being presented. How fair is that?

read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/us/devos-colleges-sex-assault.html

There really is no perfect solution,  because under the previous Title IX guidelines there had been several cases of male students who were expelled from colleges despite being innocent:

read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/student-accused-of-sexual-assault-like-being-at-the-bottom-of-this-pit/article/2561901

Yawn, political nothing.    More about big money, but you will never be able to look past that if you are that blind already.

Archived