Senior Bowl

around4ever

Austin Golson, Daniel Carlson, Ike Powell, Tre Williams and Tray Matthews are playing.  Tre is the only starter other than Powell and Carlson.  They are kicking extra points from the NFL distance.  Carlson is 1 for 1 on XPs. It is interesting that Uat's punter, JK Scott is holding for him. 

7-3 South. 

Carlson missed a 33 yard FG.  He pulled it right.  The snap from Powell was a little high but Scott did a good job of getting it down. I think Daniel hesitated a second with the high snap. 

The South QBs, White from W. Kentucky and Benkert from Virginia are making Mayfield look average.  Benkert just made a great play by breaking containment and running to LOS then not crossing it he hits Penny in stride who took it to the house. Great play by both. Two point conversion was good.  South up 18-3. 

I wondered why Matthews wasn't playing.  Apparently he left after practice on Thursday.  247Sports has a VIP article on the reason.  I can't find another source.  Several publications or sites put out articles on him yesterday and even today on how well he was doing and how he wanted to show the NFL that he had matured since his early uga days.  Anybody know what is boing on with him?

34 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I wondered why Matthews wasn't playing.  Apparently he left after practice on Thursday.  247Sports has a VIP article on the reason.  I can't find another source.  Several publications or sites put out articles on him yesterday and even today on how well he was doing and how he wanted to show the NFL that he had matured since his early uga days.  Anybody know what is boing on with him?

Family emergency

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I heard that too.  Is that it for sure?  If so, I'm Praying everything is OK. 

What I saw on Twitter...Gotta be

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

What I saw on Twitter...Gotta be

?  Yep!  Twitter and Facebook. If it is on either it has to be true. 

??

Tre Williams must have reaggreivated his injury because he is in street clothes.  Either that or he just decided to only play two series.  

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

?  Yep!  Twitter and Facebook. If it is on either it has to be true. 

??

Meant to add that it has to be the reason because he definitely wouldn't miss the game because not trouble. Therefore I really think it's what they say, family emergency.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Tre Williams must have reaggreivated his injury because he is in street clothes.  Either that or he just decided to only play two series.  

I don't think a player can duck out in the middle of the senior bowl. Other considerations aside, it would be suicide with all the NFL people present. He must have suffered some sort of injury.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Meant to add that it has to be the reason because he definitely wouldn't miss the game because not trouble. Therefore I really think it's what they say, family emergency.

You're right.  He had great reviews from NFL coaches and media all week.  

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think a player can duck out in the middle of the senior bowl. Other considerations aside, it would be suicide with all the NFL people present. He must have suffered some sort of injury.

You can.  Mayfield did and Allen was going to until he changed his mind. 

Archived