Looking ahead (next 8 games)

AUpreacherman22

These next 4 games will test our concentration and focus.  They are all winnable and we should win all 4. 

At OM and uga with home games against Vandy and A&M sandwiched in between.  

Coming out of that stretch we could be 11-1 in SEC, I think 10-2 at worst.  

BUT THEN, we have the toughest 4 game stretch we’ve had.....

UK and bama at home and @ UF and USCe

UK is finally starting to play to their potential and bama is so inconsistent, but I assume they’ll bring their A-game to Auburn.  These 2 games will really test our insane home winning streak and our “6th man” home court advantage.  

@UF will also be a really tough game.  @USCe (a tough game any way) is much tougher because it’s sandwiched in there with these other 3 games. 

You gotta hope to split those 4 games.  If we come out of that stretch at 13-3 in SEC play, that would be AUsome!!!!!

My hope is that we continue to get better and realllllly start to hit our stride in that last 4 game stretch

Hard to imagine it getting much better than right now but it's going to be important we keep improving and start peaking at the right time

On 1/28/2018 at 6:06 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

These next 4 games will test our concentration and focus.  They are all winnable and we should win all 4. 

At OM and uga with home games against Vandy and A&M sandwiched in between.  

Coming out of that stretch we could be 11-1 in SEC, I think 10-2 at worst.  

BUT THEN, we have the toughest 4 game stretch we’ve had.....

UK and bama at home and @ UF and USCe

UK is finally starting to play to their potential and bama is so inconsistent, but I assume they’ll bring their A-game to Auburn.  These 2 games will really test our insane home winning streak and our “6th man” home court advantage.  

@UF will also be a really tough game.  @USCe (a tough game any way) is much tougher because it’s sandwiched in there with these other 3 games. 

You gotta hope to split those 4 games.  If we come out of that stretch at 13-3 in SEC play, that would be AUsome!!!!!

Really, it's a really tough 5-game stretch because at Ark is right after the Florida trip. Kentucky, at SCar, Bama, at Florida, at Arkansas. That's about as tough as it gets in this league. That's RPI 12, 53, 29, 36, and 21. All 5 of those games fit into the Quadrant 1 portion of the NCAA Team Sheet, which they will use for seeding purposes. You handle business outside those games and go 3-2 in that stretch and you're looking at almost guaranteed top 3 seed in the NCAAT.

Trying not to let my expectations get ahead of themselves. A great season so far. Would love to see us finish strong but, to your point, games 5-8 of this stretch will be tough. Just glad we are in a position to go to the tournament and be relevant. War Eagle!!

56 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Really, it's a really tough 5-game stretch because at Ark is right after the Florida trip. Kentucky, at SCar, Bama, at Florida, at Arkansas. That's about as tough as it gets in this league. That's RPI 12, 53, 29, 36, and 21. All 5 of those games fit into the Quadrant 1 portion of the NCAA Team Sheet, which they will use for seeding purposes. You handle business outside those games and go 3-2 in that stretch and you're looking at almost guaranteed top 3 seed in the NCAAT.

cant believe i'm about to write this ... that 5 game stretch is really going to help prepare us going into the ncaa tournament.

Archived