Brad_ATX

Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Recommended Posts

Starting this thread because there are a few WWE fans here.  Royal Rumble thoughts, reactions?!

My initial take:

- Best men's rumble in years.  Was laid out really well, the right guy won, and so many little things were done well.  The Slater stuff was especially great.

- Women's rumble was predictable, but fun.  Glad they didn't have Rousey enter the actual match, but the post-match stuff made her intentions very unclear.  Wish they had Asuka make her challenge, then have Rousey close the show by confronting the other (probably gonna be Charlotte.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




How they booked the womens rumble was perfect!!! They still gave us rousey eventually but glad she did not enter the match and win either. But like you said very predictable with the winner. Especially when the bellas were 2 of the final 3. Like lol they are not going to win.

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How they booked the womens rumble was perfect!!! They still gave us rousey eventually but glad she did not enter the match and win either. But like you said very predictable with the winner. Especially when the bellas were 2 of the final 3. Like lol they are not going to win.

OK, I was legit concerned for Nikki's health there.  Considering her neck surgery, that was a lot of time for her to be in the ring, especially with a striker like Asuka.  Nikki was one misplaced kick from serious long-term damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

OK, I was legit concerned for Nikki's health there.  Considering her neck surgery, that was a lot of time for her to be in the ring, especially with a striker like Asuka.  Nikki was one misplaced kick from serious long-term damage.

I really hate it for nikki. She was easily having the best matches of her career around the time she got hurt. Working with her brother in law D Bry every week was paying off. Asuka is booked how I wish Charlotte was booked. Charlotte is a specimen and a monster and should be treated as such. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

- Women's rumble was predictable, but fun.  Glad they didn't have Rousey enter the actual match, but the post-match stuff made her intentions very unclear.  Wish they had Asuka make her challenge, then have Rousey close the show by confronting the other (probably gonna be Charlotte.)

I actually like them having Rowdy Ronda show up Asuka. I want to see the Bad Ass Woman of Sports Entertainment vs The Queen at Wrestlemania. Not sure Stephanie will do that though. I bet she wants Ronda on Raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How they booked the womens rumble was perfect!!! They still gave us rousey eventually but glad she did not enter the match and win either. But like you said very predictable with the winner. Especially when the bellas were 2 of the final 3. Like lol they are not going to win.

I actually thought Nikki winning & creating a feud w/ Charlotte was a real possibility when it was down to the last 2 or 3.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I really hate it for nikki. She was easily having the best matches of her career around the time she got hurt. Working with her brother in law D Bry every week was paying off. Asuka is booked how I wish Charlotte was booked. Charlotte is a specimen and a monster and should be treated as such. 

FWIW I compare Charlotte to Randy Orton. The female natural w/ the family pedigree.

Edited by ellitor
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I actually like them having Rowdy Ronda show up Asuka. I want to see the Bad Ass Woman of Sports Entertainment vs The Queen at Wrestlemania. Not sure Stephanie will do that though. I bet she wants Ronda on Raw.

I think they need to build to that Asuka/Ronda match.  I could see it at SummerSlam or maybe next year's Mania, especially if they run dual undefeated streaks until they meet.  If they did this, it could actually be worthy of headlining a Wrestlemania.  I really think they are setting up Charlotte vs Ronda for this year's Mania.

On the bright side, I haven't been this legitimately excited for Raw in a while.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I actually thought Nikki winning & creating a feud w/ Charlotte was a real possibility when it was down to the last 2 or 3.

I would of not minded that at all!!!  I think that would of been really fun. nikki is a huge star in her own right with 2 shows and a huge social media following. May not have the love of the hardcore fans but the casual audiences love her and she moves merch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Braun flipping heavy equipment onto people is just so fun.

BRAUN NEEDS TO BE CHAMP SOON DANGIT!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I compare Charlotte to Randy Orton. The female natural w/ the family pedigree.

Gosh this makes me flattered for muhhhhhhhhhhh girl and scared. I hope you do not think the Queen is as boring as Randy Boreton!!!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BRAUN NEEDS TO BE CHAMP SOON DANGIT!

They are really risking missing the boat with him and his popularity.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

They are really risking missing the boat with him and his popularity.

He truly is the biggest babyface they have. They just are so stubborn with reigns. THE CROWD WANTS STROWMAN!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gosh this makes me flattered for muhhhhhhhhhhh girl and scared. I hope you do not think the Queen is as boring as Randy Boreton!!!! lol

Randy is not boring. Charlotte is better on the mic though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He truly is the biggest babyface they have. They just are so stubborn with reigns. THE CROWD WANTS STROWMAN!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!

Braun in the elimination chamber. The other contestants be like...

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cena's reaction to the crowd last night was interesting.  For the first time, the boos and harassment actually seemed to bother him.  What I'm curious to know is if it's storyline or real.  If it's storyline, would be an amazing way to finally turn him heel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Cena's reaction to the crowd last night was interesting.  For the first time, the boos and harassment actually seemed to bother him.  What I'm curious to know is if it's storyline or real.  If it's storyline, would be an amazing way to finally turn him heel.

Cana will never be heel again in his wrestling career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a Cena-Orton tag team would be fun as hell though. They're kind of an older generation than the current group.

Also, I'm pleased to see Rey Mysterio and Rousey getting involved.

There are a lot of current talents I'm not that interested in though:

Aiden English, Akira Tozawa, Ariya Daivari, Baron Corbin, Big Cass, Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Epico Colon, Harper, Jinder Mahal, Karl Anderson, Konnor, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley, Neville, Primo Colon, Rhyno, Rowan, Rusev, Scott Dawson, and Viktor can all take a walk in my book.

Some need a weight-loss camp they look so doughy and the "big beard" redneck looking fighters don't appeal to me either. Honestly, if you look like you could have been in the movie "Deliverance" than I'm probably not interested.

 

I will say, while I don't like Roman Reigns, his match with the Miz last night was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I think a Cena-Orton tag team would be fun as hell though. They're kind of an older generation than the current group.

Also, I'm pleased to see Rey Mysterio and Rousey getting involved.

There are a lot of current talents I'm not that interested in though:

Aiden English, Akira Tozawa, Ariya Daivari, Baron Corbin, Big Cass, Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Epico Colon, Harper, Jinder Mahal, Karl Anderson, Konnor, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley, Neville, Primo Colon, Rhyno, Rowan, Rusev, Scott Dawson, and Viktor can all take a walk in my book.

Some need a weight-loss camp they look so doughy and the "big beard" redneck looking fighters don't appeal to me either. Honestly, if you look like you could have been in the movie "Deliverance" than I'm probably not interested.

 

I will say, while I don't like Roman Reigns, his match with the Miz last night was fun.

Oh, we can argue all day over The Revival, Braun, Cesaro, and Rusev.  I freaking love all of those guys.

The Revival in particular are just such a great, throwback tag team with the ability to modernize their game ever so slightly.  Their two matches at Takeovers against DIY were tag team clinics.

Cesaro and Rusev are criminally under-utilized (Cesaro especially).  Both have great motors and bring something different to the table than a standard WWE match.  Of course, I'm less into flippy stuff and like the guys who can mix psychology.  For example: I despise The Young Bucks.  Just can't stand their whole way of wrestling.

Braun is just campy fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RUSEV DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

RUSEV DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is you not in my NBA thread, mon? I made it specifically for you. In a no homo/ trolling type of way.

Edited by aujeff11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Why is you not in my NBA thread, mon? I made it specifically for you. In a no homo/ trolling type of way.

you did not give the bat signal!!! lol I did not know there was a nba thread tbh. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! you know I will be there if I knew there was one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...