Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I could easily be wrong but what made me think it’s a work is the AEW Twitter account making a promo out of the situation as if it was planned.

Ok gotcha. Ready for Wednesday nights. Although it will be another night I am useless with house chores lol. 

Edited by AUBwins

Have no fear. The Hardy Boyz will live on for years to come.  This is great training. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome view from that seat. Was that the first time seeing Taker live? 

Nah.  I've been two Mania's and two Rumbles.  Seen him a few times.

Bray Wyatt as the Fiend was the dark match main event.

• Love 1

1920x1080-1-1024x576.jpg

IMPACT Wrestling Announces Move to AXS TV
September 12, 2019

TORONTO – IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and one of the world’s largest professional wrestling organizations, announced today it has entered into an agreement to broadcast its flagship weekly two-hour program IMPACT! nationally across the U.S. on AXS TV, a leading music, sports, entertainment and lifestyle channel in which Anthem Sports & Entertainment recently acquired a majority interest.

Immediately following IMPACT Wrestling’s biggest pay-per-view event of the year Bound For Glory, which takes place on Oct. 20 in the Chicago area, IMPACT! will begin airing weekly on AXS TV. The program will continue to simulcast globally on IMPACT Wrestling’s official Twitch channel.

“IMPACT Wrestling is a perfect fit for AXS TV’s slate of live sporting events and combat sports content,” said Ed Nordholm, Chief Corporate Officer of Anthem Sports & Entertainment and President of IMPACT Wrestling. “The newest addition to our growing portfolio of media assets, AXS TV’s audience perfectly aligns with our passionate IMPACT Wrestling fan base, and this move increases the reach for our weekly program with distribution in over 50 million homes. We could not ask for a better home and are excited by the opportunities to work with Mark Cuban and Anschutz Entertainment Group, our partners in AXS TV, to bolster IMPACT Wrestling’s presence in the market, as we continue to deliver action-packed and innovative weekly programming featuring some of the most athletic and gifted stars in the professional wrestling industry.”

Showcasing top professional wrestling stars such as IMPACT World Champion Brian Cage, plus Rob Van Dam, Rhino, Moose, Eddie Edwards, Sami Callihan, Rich Swann, Michael Elgin, the high-flying X-Division and the Knockouts, including Gail Kim, Tessa Blanchard, Taya Valkyrie, Tenille Dashwood, Rosemary, Madison Rayne and Su Yung, IMPACT! has been a leading destination for professional wrestling fans, televised globally in 120 countries since its inception in 2002, while growing its popularity and reach on YouTube, Twitch, Pluto and social media platforms.

https://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestling-announces-move-to-axs-tv/

• Love 1

Awesome! What night of the week is Impact? If Thursday,  I may not do anything all week at this rate lol. 

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome! What night of the week is Impact? If Thursday,  I may not do anything all week at this rate lol. 

Has been Friday. Not sure if it will move when Smackdown goes to Friday.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Has been Friday. Not sure if it will move when Smackdown goes to Friday.

Cool.  Well that's true, Tuesday will be open soon.

Any old school fans interested, there is a fanfest in Rome,Ga on Oct 19th. Guests include Abdullah the Butcher, Tony Atlas, Barry Windham, JJ Dillon and Masked Superstar.

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

NXT live tonight.  Let's go!

It was awesome! If you've never seen Walter & Imperium you are in for a treat. Walter is a baaaaad man! Great move by Triple H & company moving Imperium from NXT UK to NXT. Also was my first time seeing Lio Rush wrestle & I was impressed.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

It was awesome! If you've never seen Walter & Imperium you are in for a treat. Walter is a baaaaad man! Great move by Triple H & company moving Imperium from NXT UK to NXT. Also was my first time seeing Lio Rush wrestle & I was impressed.

I read about those things happening.  I only saw the USA portion. Not sure why they didn't just go full USA now, unless they want a bigger bang when AEW starts. I have seen Walter a little during the buildup to take the belt from Dunn. I like watching him a lot.  

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Not sure why they didn't just go full USA now

Because USA was already contracted to finishing the last 2 episodes of their season series Suits at 8 CT yesterday & next Wednesday.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because USA was already contracted to finishing the last 2 episodes of their season series Suits at 8 CT yesterday & next Wednesday.

Ok.  That makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Anybody watching the debut of Dynamite tonight?

DVR-ing both Dynamite & NXT.  Dynamite may have the better match but NXT has the better card for the night.

• Like 1

Yep, as soon as I am able to. Youth soccer game 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by AUBwins

Still haven't seen NXT yet (about to watch).  Thought AEW's premiere was awesome.  Was like a mix of Nitro when it was actually good added in with some new school wrestling styles.  Plus, I got real excited when the main event was announced as "With TV time remaining" for a time limit.  The little kid in me was so happy.

The hot crowd all night helped a ton too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Still haven't seen NXT yet (about to watch).  Thought AEW's premiere was awesome.  Was like a mix of Nitro when it was actually good added in with some new school wrestling styles.  Plus, I got real excited when the main event was announced as "With TV time remaining" for a time limit.  The little kid in me was so happy.

The hot crowd all night helped a ton too.

It was fun coming in as somebody who hasn't watched wrestling in years and years. 

The way the crowd adores Cody Rhodes is really something. 

The production quality is remarkable.

The ladies match was off the charts, and it was great to see the response.

JR and Tony... man... 

I know y'all have probably already discussed a lot of this but like I said, I kind of went into it blind and really enjoyed it. 

Only downside for me was Y2J. I texted my buddy that it was like Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler being one of the flagship dudes in the stable. I don't get it. I know he's one of the best guys out there on the mic and a majorly bankable name in the business but I don't understand him getting prime spots in the ring, unless it's just a short term thing to help get the younger, lesser known talent over. 

• Like 1