Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@ellitor thoughts? 

Please don't tag me with anything else on wrestling for a couple days @AUBwins. I still haven't watched New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 13 yet from this morning & plan to watch it as well as New Year's Dash tomorrow where they set up the new story lines for the year before looking at rumors & what not...Well I guess the above tweet makes it clear Kenny lost today...Damn it!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Please don't tag me with anything else on wrestling for a couple days @AUBwins. I still haven't watched New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 13 yet from this morning & plan to watch it as well as New Year's Dash tomorrow where they set up the new story lines for the year before looking at rumors & what not...Well I guess the above tweet makes it clear Kenny lost today...Damn it!

Dang that's not the first time I have spoiled things for you.  I will try to make it up to you with the below gif of one of your faves ...

Am I an idiot??

jlaw.gif

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I could see him going to AEW before he goes to WWE.  

Thinking the same.  Saw an article that the main drawback of WWE is the possibility of limits regarding his creativity.  Does AEW have TV deal yet?  I hope it is on a station I have available.  I miss the old school story telling from yesteryear wrestling. Now we know why McMahon family has made the recent presence to re invent the brand.  Seems they may have some actual competition again. 

Edited by AUBwins

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Thinking the same.  Saw an article that the main drawback of WWE is the possibility of limits regarding his creativity.  Does AEW have TV deal yet?  I hope it is on a station I have available.  I miss the old school story telling from yesteryear wrestling. Now we know why McMahon family has made the recent presence to re invent the brand.  Seems they may have some actual competition again. 

Word with AEW is that they are trying to get a deal with TBS/TNT or maybe WGN.  WGN actually carried the first hour of All In.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Word with AEW is that they are trying to get a deal with TBS/TNT or maybe WGN.  WGN actually carried the first hour of All In.

I vote TBS/TNT. Don't have WGN. 😁

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 7:56 PM, AUBwins said:

Am I an idiot??

No.

For anyone who wants to see some of the best wrestling in the World Axs TV is going to start having same day coverage of NJPW pay per views. It began last Friday with 2 hours of Wrestle Kingdom 13. They are showing the other half of the WK 13 this Friday. All the matches were good but for me the Kenny-Tanahashi, Jay White-Okada, Ospreay-Kota Ibushi, Jericho-Naito matches all were top notch.

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:
On 1/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, AUBwins said:

Thoughts?

I could see him going to AEW before he goes to WWE. 

This ^^^ WWE may make financial & dream match sense (that would get watered down) but not creative sense for Kenny. There's a good chance Vince would water his character down. Also Vince wouldn't allow some of Kenny's move set, most notably his snap-dragon suplex & probably would only let him use his finisher the One-Winged Angel on rare occasions much like has done with the Styles Clash for AJ. Also if Kenny does go to the WWE it wouldn't be for the Royal Rumble as the tweet hypothesized. Kenny's NJPW contract doesn't expire til after the rumble. I listened to a podcast hypothesizing where Kenny would go. One guy said stay in NJPW til AEW truly got up and running. Well after taking everything in from WK 13 & New Year's Dash as well as post match interviews I don't think that will happen. They seem to be moving completely away from Kenny as Jay White has challenged Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavywight Belt. Then again, I could see NJPW throwing a curve ball soon & have Kenny demand his championship rematch & completely piss Jay White off. Jay White now runs the Bullet Club & Kenny's character has no friends left in NJPW. His last 2 friends rejoined the Bullet Club today.

I think Kenny will go to AEW but it's interesting Kenny & the AEW accounts aren't following each other on Social Media yet like the rest of The Elite is including Marty Scurll who is still in ROH for a good bit of 2019.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Now we know why McMahon family has made the recent presence to re invent the brand.

Funny thing is they really haven't yet while NJPW had a reset by 8 titles changing hands in 1 night at WK 13

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Does AEW have TV deal yet?  I hope it is on a station I have available.

.My guess is the Double or Nothing PPV, when ever that will be, will happen before a weekly TV schedcule gets ironed out.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Funny thing is they really haven't yet while NJPW had a reset by 8 titles changing hands in 1 night at WK 13

Can't remember the last time that many titles changed hands in an event. 

I agree we haven't seen much yet in the way of rebranding, but there has been a little building of characters lately.  Clearly they are focusing on building some top of the card characters but are way behind when they should have started doing this.  Bringing in the NXT talent in the coming weeks, and trying to get Seth and AJ back to their aggressive nature along with finally pushing Drew McIntyre; they seem to finally be looking to the future.  They could just be trying to make Wrestlemania not a flop.  I think the Women's division is building nicely though. 

JEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I have actually grown fond of the dude in his part time wrestler and full time acting days!! WOOO!!!

37 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Raw was fun tonight from what I saw of it. 

Smackdown has been kicking its ass lately. Heard tonight was the first legit good and fun show in months.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Smackdown has been kicking its ass lately. Heard tonight was the first legit good and fun show in months.

Agreed.  They had to pull out all the tricks to do it. Even Hogan was there, due to sad circumstances of course. 

• Sad 1

https://streamja.com/OjGn hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OMGSH I know I am biased because he is my favorite wrestler ever along with Charlotte but holy crap D bry week after week keeps topping himself with hilarious promos!!! And this is supposed to be the "weak" part of his repertoire?! He is the best promo in the biz easily these days. He is a complete WWE wrestler and checks every box now. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE The New Daniel Bryan. His best character yet.

• Like 1

Yep DBry was great tonight.  The triple threat ME delivered as well. Carmela has developed a good move set now.  Love the new Charlotte. My girl took it tonight, but great match across the board.  

Also love Rey vs Almas. They have great chemistry and Rey can still pull off those moves.  He pulled off the Canadian Destroyer move from TNA. I am sure I butchered the name of the move. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep DBry was great tonight.  The triple threat ME delivered as well. Carmela has developed a good move set now.  Love the new Charlotte. My girl took it tonight, but great match across the board.  

Also love Rey vs Almas. They have great chemistry and Rey can still pull off those moves.  He pulled off the Canadian Destroyer move from TNA. I am sure I butchered the name of the move. 

I have always been team blue brand BUT MAN OH MAN I HAVE NEVER EVER ENJOYED IT MORE THAN I AM NOW!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! It is kicking raws candy ass all up and down the tv airwaves baby!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GO!!!! How you like the newwwwwwwwwwwwww A show vince?!?!? hahahaha. I AM SO SO SO SO SO glad Charlotte did not win tonight. Never been happier for her to not win a match. This keeps alive the possibility that both Becks and the Queen are in the Main Event of Mania and not just Becks. Charlotte can win the title and challenge Ronda and then The Man can easily justify wanting to face rowdy as well to make it a triple threat. The WOMEN ARE Smackdown Live. I freaking love it. They main event more shows than not. They have been carrying the brand for awhile. The best thing going in WWE is the blue brand women. D Bry is a complete performer now. He is not just generic great wrestler who is from the indys. He delivers in all aspects. Though I have thought that since his Team Hell No days. I have no idea where they are going with this Shane O Mac and the Miz storyline but I am intrigued.

• Love 1

I am excited for the women from NXT coming.  All of them actually.  Ready for Ricochet to come too. Cat is exciting to watch.  

Raw  Lars, Heavy Machinery, Lacey

SD EC3, Nikki Cross

based on current rosters. If after draft then who knows 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I am excited for the women from NXT coming.  All of them actually.  Ready for Ricochet to come too. Cat is exciting to watch.  

Raw  Lars, Heavy Machinery, Lacey

SD EC3, Nikki Cross

based on current rosters. If after draft then who knows 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0926.GIF

Edited by AUBwins
Foreshadowing?
  • Haha 1

Got this from reddit. All of the champions in WWE for 2018.  What did I get out of this? WAY WAY too much Booooooork. SO tired of him being champ. MAKE. IT. STOP. ALREADY!!!!!

wwe.png

Yep, I just wish he would defend it regularly or at least wrestle in non title bouts. 

Pete Dunn hasn't been challenged apparently.  His submission skills remind me of Malenko. He can cause great pain with just about any part of your body. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's officially Rumble week!  Who does everyone have?

I'll take Rollins in the men's rumble and Becky in the women's.

Is Becky in it since she had a title fight with Asuka? In the other match,  Ronda loses to Banks to set up Ronda vs Flair at mania.  I think Ronda needs to fight either Becky or Charlotte at mania or it would be a waste.  Either match would pull big headlines.  If not, could definitely see Becky win belt back Sunday and meet Charlotte at mania for belt.  

As far as rumble,  I like your Rollins pick, but going with Drew Mc throwing out Cena and Ruby Riott in the womens.

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Is Becky in it since she had a title fight with Asuka? In the other match,  Ronda loses to Banks to set up Ronda vs Flair at mania.  I think Ronda needs to fight either Becky or Charlotte at mania or it would be a waste.  Either match would pull big headlines.  If not, could definitely see Becky win belt back Sunday and meet Charlotte at mania for belt.  

Expecting Becky to lose to Asuka and make a surprise entrance to the Rumble.  Only real way they can get to the rumored Becky/Ronda match.