Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

65lI.gif

shield.gif

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

IMO AJ & Kenny Omega in NJPW are battling for that honor right now. Don't get me wrong. Seth is one of the best in the world, arguably top 5. I just think AJ & Kenny are on another level.

OK, blasphemy time.  I don't really enjoy Kenny Omega or The Young Bucks.

36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I like em both a lot but I can see where people would think The Young Bucks are over the top. Kenny has some kick ass promos though.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

could you be more specific? their in ring work? their promos? their characters? What you got for us mr brad?!

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

could you be more specific? their in ring work? their promos? their characters? What you got for us mr brad?!

Not a huge fan of their in ring work.  Omega is more tolerable than the Bucks for me.  The Bucks are way to flippy for my taste and their matches tend to lack really good storytelling.

I actually respect the hell out of what they've done as businessmen outside of WWE.  The Bucks in particular are making crazy good money, and along with Cody Rhodes, self financed an Indy super-show in Chicago that sold out in 30 minutes.  10,000 seat arena too, which is no small feat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not a huge fan of their in ring work.  Omega is more tolerable than the Bucks for me.  The Bucks are way to flippy for my taste and their matches tend to lack really good storytelling.

I actually respect the hell out of what they've done as businessmen outside of WWE.  The Bucks in particular are making crazy good money, and along with Cody Rhodes, self financed an Indy super-show in Chicago that sold out in 30 minutes.  10,000 seat arena too, which is no small feat.

THANKS! for reminding me about that. DO you believe that rumor that Punk was backstage at that presser?

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The Bucks are way to flippy for my taste and their matches tend to lack really good storytelling.

I can see that because their stuff can be so satirical. I like it though because a I like goofy stuff. They had a match recently at ROH/NJPW War Of The Worlds where Bushi misted Matt Jackson & "blinded" him. Well Matt got the ref & put him in the sharp-shooter. He yelled at Nick, "I got em! I got em! Get the ref!" Nick said, "That is the Ref." Matt turns he head slowly, sees the ref tapping out, & said , "Oh Come On!" I laughed my arse off.

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup & if I remember correctly it was Jim Cornette who said in passing they couldn't sellout a 10,000 venue. They took it as a challenge & did it. Also props to the Bullet Club for being the highest selling thing in wrestling merch wise while not having WWE brand to push them.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THANKS! for reminding me about that. DO you believe that rumor that Punk was backstage at that presser?

Not in the slightest.  Punk has a UFC fight in a few weeks.  Got to think he's solely focused there.

WOW! Last nights Smackdown was the best T.V. show the WWE has put on in months!!! That was a amazing 2 hours and so fun! NOW LETS DO IT AGAIN next week and have raw not be so traaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Came across this video and all I can say is Wow!  Rey is an all time favorite of mine. Will has earned my respect. Enjoy! 

Edited by AUBwins

Raw starting off intense. Rhonda getting Rowdy. Took on everything and got suspended for 30 days. 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, AUBwins said:

Came across this video and all I can say is Wow!  Rey is an all time favorite of mine. Will has earned my respect. Enjoy! 

Oh, Ospreay is freaking great!  Go look up some of his other stuff.

I'm a big fan of Jeff Cobb on the indy circuit too.  Big man that can move.

• Thanks 1

Some sad news today from the wrestling world.  Big Van Vader passed today at the age of 63.  RIP to one of the most agile big men to ever grace a ring and to the man who's smoking mastadon helmet scared the ever living crap out of me as a kid.

1092814-27_1_.jpg

Edited by Brad_ATX

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Some sad news today from the wrestling world.  Big Van Vader passed today at the age of 63.  RIP to one of the most agile big men to ever grace a ring and to the man who's smoking mastadon helmet scared the ever living crap out of me as a kid.

Sad that I saw "63" and thought, hey, not bad for a wrestler, especially one of his size.

Agree. He was one that really captured the imagination. RIP and thanks for so much entertainment. 

• Like 2

Smackdown has been EN FUEGO lately. It is kicking raws ass in quality. Raw lately seems like it is some run of the mill reality tv show with some wrestling mixed in and smackdown has just been a frickin good wrasslin show that is tons of fun. #Iamasmackdownguy WOOO!!!! LETS FREAKING GO BABY!!! TEAM BLUE BRAND!

• Like 1

Exclusive: Incident with Carmella was the main reason why Big Cass was released by WWE

Published on 

As everyone knows by now, Cass is no longer with WWE and there were several incidents that rubbed people the wrong way. It’s already been reported that he broke script with a little person on Smackdown Live several weeks ago and the bus bathroom incident has been reported. However, the last straw was an incident with former girlfriend Carmella.

We were told that he went up to her and, according to a well-placed source, caused a scene while asking her to forgive him, apparently in hopes for a reconciliation. Carmella tried to walk off but he grabbed her arm and wrestlers in the area stepped in. We’re told that The Usos and Erick Rowan were the ones to get Cass to back away.

Well, once word got back to management, the call was made to fire him. Vince McMahon called Cass into a room and broke the news to him hours before Smackdown Live in Toledo. This recent incident would also explain why he was not wished well in his future endeavors when WWE.comannounced his release.

On 6/22/2018 at 7:21 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Exclusive: Incident with Carmella was the main reason why Big Cass was released by WWE

Published on 

As everyone knows by now, Cass is no longer with WWE and there were several incidents that rubbed people the wrong way. It’s already been reported that he broke script with a little person on Smackdown Live several weeks ago and the bus bathroom incident has been reported. However, the last straw was an incident with former girlfriend Carmella.

We were told that he went up to her and, according to a well-placed source, caused a scene while asking her to forgive him, apparently in hopes for a reconciliation. Carmella tried to walk off but he grabbed her arm and wrestlers in the area stepped in. We’re told that The Usos and Erick Rowan were the ones to get Cass to back away.

Well, once word got back to management, the call was made to fire him. Vince McMahon called Cass into a room and broke the news to him hours before Smackdown Live in Toledo. This recent incident would also explain why he was not wished well in his future endeavors when WWE.comannounced his release.

Saw this earlier today.  Not shocked.  The guy is articulate too, but something tells me his break up with her caused a downward spiral.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Saw this earlier today.  Not shocked.  The guy is articulate too, but something tells me his break up with her caused a downward spiral.

He def snapped. Seems like he has a big anger problem as well.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He def snapped. Seems like he has a big anger problem as well.

A common trait in that business. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 10:20 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Even though I was too young to actually remember Vader's prime in WCW in the early 90's there's no denying how much of a monster he was. I only have memories of Vader's run in the mid to late 90's in WWE. It's a shame his run in WWE was a combination of bad luck and poor booking. WWE wasted Vader's talent imo. 

Looking back at Vader's early 90's run in WCW with Harley Race as his manager, it compares to Brock Lesnar's current run in WWE with Paul Heyman as his manager. Even though Vader was a heel in the early 90's, he was so dominate he never really cheated to win his matches. He didn't need to. He was just too strong and tough to beat that not very many guys could really give Vader a legit challenge. I mean Vader beat Sting clean for the WCW World Heavyweight title. How many people can say they beat Sting clean? Goldberg is the only one I can think of but Goldberg was a face and was on his undefeated streak when he did it if I recall correctly.

Anyways, Vader will be missed. Even as a young kid, I always liked Vader even when he was a heel in WWE. His matches have stood the test of time. As I said before, his run in WCW was great. Specifically his matches with Sting are classics. If you haven't seen them, then you need to. You won't be disappointed. 

Last but not least, it's a shame he's not in the WWE HOF. I just don't understand why WWE couldn't induct him while he was still alive. Guys like the Godfather, Rikishi, Kevin Nash, Mark Henry, etc... have all gotten in the HOF before Vader even though imo none of them were no where near as talented as Vader.  It's just ridiculous that as much of a legend as Vader is in wrestling that he's been waiting to get in the HOF.  Hopefully next year's HOF will be Vader Time, time, time, time, time.......

• Like 1

Here's a great tribute to Vader:

Warning, there's some strong language included in this but it's still a great tribute.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

4 year old me was freaking out!

Probably one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. 

• Like 1