Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

On 8/19/2018 at 10:44 PM, AUBwins said:

Well from what I saw, I would say Summerslam was a dud overall.  Too many squash or DQ endings.  Probably the best dominating result was Finn destroying Corbin using his alter ego Demon!  That was a great surprise.  Also liked the creativity of Braun changing it up and letting each of the title contestants know before the match he would get the winner tonight.  That actually led to another dud finish and no cash in.  Meh. The best matches from start to finish were the ones I haven't watched yet.  I only read about them.  Also sounds like NXT stole the spotlight this weekend again.  I have a plan to watch what I missed this week before saying more.  Oh and Alexa Bliss didn't stand a chance against the woman they are building Rhonda to be. Rousey destroyed her pretty good and quick to get the title. 

MUHHHHHHHH GIRL Charlotte is the champ again so that is all that matters to me!!! LETS FREAKING GO!!!!!!! but seriously that was one of the best matches on the card. I swear they are going to let ronda be raw womens champion for like 4 years with the way they are booking her. I def do not want another divisions title to be hijacked by a part timer. WE JUST GOT RID of the part timer who did that on the male side! lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

MUHHHHHHHH GIRL Charlotte is the champ again so that is all that matters to me!!! LETS FREAKING GO!!!!!!! but seriously that was one of the best matches on the card. I swear they are going to let ronda be raw womens champion for like 4 years with the way they are booking her. I def do not want another divisions title to be hijacked by a part timer. WE JUST GOT RID of the part timer who did that on the male side! lol.

Gotta say though.  Love my girl Becky turned. That was pretty epic of a response from crowd.  You can tell they were in it.  Top 3 matches after watching the show,  Seth vs Dolf - Women's triple threat - AJ vs Joe before the DQ but that was cool anyway.  As pure entertainment, Demon kicking Corbin's rear end was gravy!

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Gotta say though.  Love my girl Becky turned. That was pretty epic of a response from crowd.  You can tell they were in it.  Top 3 matches after watching the show,  Seth vs Dolf - Women's triple threat - AJ vs Joe before the DQ but that was cool anyway.  As pure entertainment, Demon kicking Corbin's rear end was gravy!

The WWE screwed the Charlotte/Lynch thing up horribly.  Crowds have been begging for Becky to win the title.  She's one of the most over babyfaces in the company.  Combine that with Charlotte being a better heel and the roles really needed to be reversed here.  I'm not necessarily against Charlotte having the strap, but her heeling it up to get it and screw over the beloved babyface would have been a way hotter feud going further, making the eventual Becky payoff better.

On other matches:

I'd like to see Balor change his move set some as the Demon.  Basically nothing changes with how he wrestles.  If you're going to break out the gimmick, change the in ring work slightly to be a little more brutal.

Samoa Joe is the best heel in WWE right now.  Absolutely riveting when he has a mic.

Roman/Brock.....bleh.

Rousey winning is fine, but there's now the problem of how do you eventually get the title off of her?  There's no one on the main roster that could believably challenge her in a straight up match.  She would have to lose it in some sort of gimmick match.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The WWE screwed the Charlotte/Lynch thing up horribly.  Crowds have been begging for Becky to win the title.  She's one of the most over babyfaces in the company.  Combine that with Charlotte being a better heel and the roles really needed to be reversed here.  I'm not necessarily against Charlotte having the strap, but her heeling it up to get it and screw over the beloved babyface would have been a way hotter feud going further, making the eventual Becky payoff better.

On other matches:

I'd like to see Balor change his move set some as the Demon.  Basically nothing changes with how he wrestles.  If you're going to break out the gimmick, change the in ring work slightly to be a little more brutal.

Samoa Joe is the best heel in WWE right now.  Absolutely riveting when he has a mic.

Roman/Brock.....bleh.

Rousey winning is fine, but there's now the problem of how do you eventually get the title off of her?  There's no one on the main roster that could believably challenge her in a straight up match.  She would have to lose it in some sort of gimmick match.

Totally agree. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AUBwins said:

the demon KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG I believe is still undefeated in WWE. Great gimmick that just prints money for t shirts for the little kiddies haha.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

the demon KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG I believe is still undefeated in WWE. Great gimmick that just prints money for t shirts for the little kiddies haha.

Haha yea.  I agree with Brad. It would be awesome if he had a special finisher as Demon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Catching up with NXT takeover. This match was fun. Ricochet is ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

So 2 call ups and 2 legends thus far? I like it.  Think they will have a Trish vs Lita match or have them involved in other ways?

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So 2 call ups and 2 legends thus far? I like it.  Think they will have a Trish vs Lita match or have them involved in other ways?

If this ends up being true it gets me excited about who lita could possibly face!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

They will need something big for the main event.  I would think either Charlotte or Rhonda or both would be in it.  I still think they would want to save that match for mania.  Hard to tell who Lita would face, with a PPV in between. My pick is Sasha,  unless she is feuding with Bayley again.  I think it is too soon for that though. 

I really hope WWE isn't turning Braun heel. I know Braun sided with McIntyre and Ziggler but they could still play if off as payback for what happened to Braun last week from the  3 on 1 ambush by the Shield. Turning Braun heel would be the dumbest thing they could do right now. Braun is the top babyface on RAW. The fans are clearly behind him. But instead Vince is doing everything he can to make the fans cheer Roman. First he removes Kurt Angle as GM and makes Baron Corbin as GM, then they have the Shield reform in order to protect Roman's title. If you have to literally rig everything on the show in order to manipulate fans into cheering for Roman then you're fighting a losing battle. 

Vince really isn't doing Roman any favors. He's making Roman look weak if he has to have his Shield buddies back him up and help him keep the title against Braun. They tried to make Lesnar the heel against Roman and tried to get fans to get behind Roman in his fued with Lesnar but that didn't work. The fans didn't care that Reigns won at SummerSlam.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, AUBwins said:

Catching up with NXT takeover. This match was fun. Ricochet is ridiculous. 

I loved the match, but the super kick to Ricochet while he was in mid-flip should have finished the match.  Sometimes there can be too many moves just for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I loved the match, but the super kick to Ricochet while he was in mid-flip should have finished the match.  Sometimes there can be too many moves just for the sake of it.

Yes!  That was lethal, followed by neck breaker, and quick cover. Nobody should kick out of that. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:02 AM, GwillMac6 said:

If this ends up being true it gets me excited about who lita could possibly face!

Well it came true!  Trish and Elias exchange was great.  Trish may have wanted to walk with Elias, but knew he could handle the Stratusfaction ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hell in a Cell has been great so far. Great action in every match. So far all the matches have been good. I think Jeff may have killed himself (figuratively speaking). Faceplanted through a Table from the ceiling of the cage. Raw tag match was fun. 

Overall enjoyable PPV with the exception of Brock Lesnar ruining the main event with Roman and Braun. It was a good battle with them in the ring.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Overall enjoyable PPV with the exception of Brock Lesnar ruining the main event with Roman and Braun. It was a good battle with them in the ring.

It was their best main roster PPV until the main event.  You can't have a non-finish in a cell match.  That's some BS.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was their best main roster PPV until the main event.  You can't have a non-finish in a cell match.  That's some BS.

Agree. It already had enough interference without ruining the match.  That was actually a brilliant move getting the more agile guys on the cage for the entertainment without killing the result.  Brock just ticked me off. I thought he would be gone a while.  Now they are back where they started a few months ago. 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, Brad_ATX said:

anything brock touches the past few years in WWE has been ******. And yet vince keeps on giving him millions. He really over estimates his value to the company.

Just now, AUBwins said:

Even his appearances, he really isn't doing anything. 

Lesnar and Sable and his kids have one vincent kennedy mcmahon to thank for being set for life. You are right he does not care. He shows up and does not try. Paul Heyman is the only one entertaining in that act still. And yet vince keeps thinking he is some draw like when he was THE face of UFC. SMH. I saw that report vince gave him 7 figures to do the next over seas show in november. I am sure that match will just be so riveting.......

• 1 month later...

Excited for the women in pro wrestling to get their night to shine tonight.  I wish I could see it, because I think it will be entertaining. They have come a long way since those bra and panties matches in the attitude era. I actually think Ronda loses the belt to Nikki tonight to build her up again to something special at Wrestlemania. Not sure which way the Lynch/ Flair match will go. I hope they keep it with Becky. Trish and Lita together again will be fun.  Can't wait for the highlights. 

• Love 1