Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Excited for the women in pro wrestling to get their night to shine tonight.  I wish I could see it, because I think it will be entertaining. They have come a long way since those bra and panties matches in the attitude era. I actually think Ronda loses the belt to Nikki tonight to build her up again to something special at Wrestlemania. Not sure which way the Lynch/ Flair match will go. I hope they keep it with Becky. Trish and Lita together again will be fun.  Can't wait for the highlights. 

Charlotte Flair is my favorite pro wrestler on the planet at this point. Needless to say I AM SO FREAKING PUMPED FOR THIS!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wish Charlotte and Becky would main event BUT WE ALL KNOW it will be rousey. :[

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Charlotte Flair is my favorite pro wrestler on the planet at this point. Needless to say I AM SO FREAKING PUMPED FOR THIS!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wish Charlotte and Becky would main event BUT WE ALL KNOW it will be rousey. :[

Their feud has built up beautifully and a last woman standing?!. I mean Charlotte even speared Becky through the LED screens.  It deserves number 1.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Their feud has built up beautifully and a last woman standing?!. I mean Charlotte even speared Becky through the LED screens.  It deserves number 1.

Charlotte and Becky are the best! Charlotte and Becky number 1?! lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Charlotte and Becky are the best! Charlotte and Becky number 1?! lol

According to the report below, our main event may go down as match of the year! Also mentioned this PPV was the best of the year since mania. Truly looked like a Triple H run show. Saw a few clips on the chat stream on CBSsports, and they were destroying each other. Oh and my girl Becky retains :) Took this report direct from results write up:

SmackDown Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) def. Charlotte Flair to retain the title (Last Woman Standing): Brutal, violent and nearly perfect. In what has already been a memorable feud between two of WWE's most important members of its current "women's revolution," former best friends Lynch and Flair took things to an entirely new level. The duo set new standards in terms of high spots, physicality and outright carnage for a main roster women's match in what is undoubtedly in the conversation for best WWE match of 2018, regardless of gender.

In the first women's match of its kind in WWE main roster history (Asuka and Nikki Cross put forth an NXT version that was nearly as good in 2017), the match was a car-wreck of epic proportions for all the right reasons. Lynch escalated matters early with a Kendo stick attack. Soon, both wrestlers filled the ring with chairs and a ladder and hit particularly stiff slams onto both. Flair then applied a creative Figure Eight leg lock using the ladder to help wear Lynch down and force a tap that wasn't recognized due to the match's stipulation.

Flair went on to hit a moonsault onto a table that never broke so she went back to the well and hit a swanton bomb off the top rope that shattered both Lynch and the table. Things then escalated considerably on the floor. Lynch landed a leg drop through the German announce table from a ladder high above. After Flair defiantly screamed, "That's all you got," Lynch buried her under multiple types of chairs and a table only for Flair to power out and barely beat the count of 10. The finish came when Lynch intercepted Flair's moonsault attempt and powerbombed her from the top rope through a table on the floor. Flair attempted to beat the count but collapsed to her knees at 10 to end the match. Grade: A+

Edited by AUBwins
Rousey was main event and won.
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

According to the report below, our main event may go down as match of the year! Also mentioned this PPV was the best of the year since mania. Truly looked like a Triple H run show. Saw a few clips on the chat stream on CBSsports, and they were destroying each other. Oh and my girl Becky retains :) Took this report direct from results write up:

SmackDown Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) def. Charlotte Flair to retain the title (Last Woman Standing): Brutal, violent and nearly perfect. In what has already been a memorable feud between two of WWE's most important members of its current "women's revolution," former best friends Lynch and Flair took things to an entirely new level. The duo set new standards in terms of high spots, physicality and outright carnage for a main roster women's match in what is undoubtedly in the conversation for best WWE match of 2018, regardless of gender.

In the first women's match of its kind in WWE main roster history (Asuka and Nikki Cross put forth an NXT version that was nearly as good in 2017), the match was a car-wreck of epic proportions for all the right reasons. Lynch escalated matters early with a Kendo stick attack. Soon, both wrestlers filled the ring with chairs and a ladder and hit particularly stiff slams onto both. Flair then applied a creative Figure Eight leg lock using the ladder to help wear Lynch down and force a tap that wasn't recognized due to the match's stipulation.

Flair went on to hit a moonsault onto a table that never broke so she went back to the well and hit a swanton bomb off the top rope that shattered both Lynch and the table. Things then escalated considerably on the floor. Lynch landed a leg drop through the German announce table from a ladder high above. After Flair defiantly screamed, "That's all you got," Lynch buried her under multiple types of chairs and a table only for Flair to power out and barely beat the count of 10. The finish came when Lynch intercepted Flair's moonsault attempt and powerbombed her from the top rope through a table on the floor. Flair attempted to beat the count but collapsed to her knees at 10 to end the match. Grade: A+

It sucks we will never get a HHH fully run company till Vinny Mac kicks the can. I mean I am not going to wish death upon anyone! lol

• Haha 1

Pretty big bombshell on Raw last night with the announcement of Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey in a Champ vs Champ match at Survivor Series in 3 weeks.  With the way they have been building both women up, who wins?! Personally I think it will be Becky.  The win benefits her more than Ronda. They have grown her story for a longer period of time but it's paying off as she is on the verge of a dominant run after the major win at Evolution. I still think it would be a great opportunity to take away the pressure of keeping Ronda undefeated and her still hold onto the belt.  

Or they will make it a no contest due to interference, but that's boring and would lessen both storylines IMO. 

Also great match tonight in a surprise World title match between AJ and Bryan.  I guess the rumors are true about Daniel not wanting to participate in Saudi Arabia after the recent turmoil over there, same as Cena which was the reason they replaced him with Lashley in World Cup tourney. 

Well hopefully they find something interesting to do with Brock having the frickin belt again.  Sad they gave it back to him.  The match consisted of 5 F5s, with no offense from Stroman.  What a waste unless they have something good up their sleeves for him to lose it quick.  My thought is they would rather Brock have the belt to fight AJ at Survivor Series as all the equal Champs are facing off.  Pretty compelling matches for SS. AJ vs Lesnar,  Seth vs Nakamura,  and my favorite Becky lynch vs Ronda Rousey. 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:18 PM, AUBwins said:

Well hopefully they find something interesting to do with Brock having the frickin belt again.  Sad they gave it back to him.  The match consisted of 5 F5s, with no offense from Stroman.  What a waste unless they have something good up their sleeves for him to lose it quick.  My thought is they would rather Brock have the belt to fight AJ at Survivor Series

I just think they didn't want to give it to Braun. Everybody I saw recently said Braun was getting the belt. I didn't buy it. I looked at alligning Braun with Dolph & Drew as a push crippling move by the WWE. Instead of giving it back to Brock I wish they put Drew in there as a triple threat & give him the belt. He seems primed to fulfill the expectations Vince had for him way back when.

• Like 1

So I was watching some New Japan action from about a week ago & Macho Man's brother Lanny Poffo said Jim Ross has skin cancer. Wishing & praying forthe best for Good Ole J.R!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I just think they didn't want to give it to Braun. Everybody I saw recently said Braun was getting the belt. I didn't buy it. I looked at alligning Braun with Dolph & Drew as a push crippling move by the WWE. Instead of giving it back to Brock I wish they put Drew in there as a triple threat & give him the belt. He seems primed to fulfill the expectations Vince had for him way back when.

Agree. Love what McIntyre had been doing lately.  Here should be getting up there in line to contend. 

Say it ain't so!!!!

That is good for him though. Can't even fathom the amount he's gone through over the years.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

@WFE12 miss you in the recruiting forum.

REALLY? You miss me? I'm shocked lol. It's sad because I'm numb from this season and haven't really been interested in the season or recruiting given what our future looks like with Gus. My attention has turned to Bruce and the basketball team.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

REALLY? You miss me? I'm shocked lol. It's sad because I'm numb from this season and haven't really been interested in the season or recruiting given what our future looks like with Gus. My attention has turned to Bruce and the basketball team.

Yes really & recruiting is still important whether Gus is running the ship or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yes really & recruiting is still important whether Gus is running the ship or not.

Put me in the same boat. I know I told you this last month but it still holds true. I just know recruiting does not matter with Gus. Especially when it comes to offensive playmakers because I know they will not be developed properly under Gus (ESPECIALLY WR) so what is the point about getting excited about crutin?!

Edited by GwillMac6

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Put me in the same boat. I know I told you this last month but it still holds true. I just know recruiting does not matter with Gus. Especially when it comes to offensive playmakers because I know they will not be developed properly under Gus (ESPECIALLY WR) so what is the point about getting excited about crutin?!

Because we still need the talent after Gus is gone which at this point looks like it would be no later than next season.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

True and I have thought the same as G-WILL but you have a point.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because we still need the talent after Gus is gone which at this point looks like it would be no later than next season.

That is true but I still feel the same way. Cannot get excited about anything that Gus Malzahn is a part of. He has sucked all the fun, excitement and life out of this program. I am just done with him. He has ruined football season. I have been a lot more mad at Auburn football teams (2014) but never as apathetic as I am now.

Woohoo, Becky Lynch just took it to another level on Raw as the Smackdown women invade. Busted up and taking it to Ronda in the locker room with her arm bar and in the ring with a chair.  I think she has taken to this heel role, but it's hilarious that she still has so much support from fans as a heel.  Same here.  Big fan of hers. What happens on Smackdown as retaliation? 

WWE NEWS

REPORT: Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey pulled from WWE Survivor Series

Published on 

UPDATE: Fightful reports that Lynch suffered a broken nose and is believed to have suffered a concussion during the brawl that closed out Raw. WWE has yet to issue a statement. The broken nose and apparent concussion happened after she took a shot from Nia Jax that cut her open. There is heat on Jax for this.

ORIGINAL: There aren’t many details available but, according to a report from Sean Ross Sapp at Fightful.com, the Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey match has been pulled from Sunday’s Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Lynch had her nose busted open in the show-closing angle on Monday Night Raw but she seemed fine as she walked to the backstage area. I suppose the match could have been cancelled if she needs to get surgery for a broken nose. We’ll pass along more information when it becomes available but this obviously throws a huge wrench into WWE’s plans because Rousey vs. Lynch came across as the biggest match on the show.

Sapp says the sentiment about this news is “sh** happens.”

• Angry 1