Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

WWE DID NOT GIVE ME WHAT I WANTED!!!!!!! GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!

dave.gif

Becky going over was the right call.  But that show was wayyyyy too long.  Felt that the crowd was exhausted by the time the main event actually happened.

It really did drag on too long. I agree the crowd seemed tired at the end. Becky winning was best to kick start the new year. Hey @GwillMac6, she pinned Ronda and not Charlotte. Although the match did feel a bit disjointed at times, especially the end. 

How about Lacy Evans deciding to throw a punch now haha. That was fun. 

What big switch ups do you think for this week?  I predict New day gets separated with one or both X and E moving to Raw,  good timing with Big E out for a while.  Braun to SD,  McIntyre stays on Raw with the Bar coming to Raw, Orton back to Raw,  Andrade to Raw, Lars to Smackdown to clash with Braun later in the year,  Becky stays Raw and Charlotte stays Smackdown,  Lacy on Raw,  Corbin to Smackdown. These are all just guesses obviously and not saying I would like all these things to happen.  Just thought I would take a crack at it. 

New addition/ returning: CM Punk to Raw, NXT women Flying Pirates to SD

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What big switch ups do you think for this week?  I predict New day gets separated with one or both X and E moving to Raw,  good timing with Big E out for a while.  Braun to SD,  McIntyre stays on Raw with the Bar coming to Raw, Orton back to Raw,  Andrade to Raw, Lars to Smackdown to clash with Braun later in the year,  Becky stays Raw and Charlotte stays Smackdown,  Lacy on Raw,  Corbin to Smackdown. These are all just guesses obviously and not saying I would like all these things to happen.  Just thought I would take a crack at it. 

New addition/ returning: CM Punk to Raw, NXT women Flying Pirates to SD

That would be awesome if they did a big splash and switch Rollins and Kofi. 

I think we will get a splashier than usual shakeup with Vince looking to stack the deck in Smackdowns favor with the move to the main Fox channel coming up in october. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think we will get a splashier than usual shakeup with Vince looking to stack the deck in Smackdowns favor with the move to the main Fox channel coming up in october. 

Ooh good point.  Then McIntyre goes to SD or it's like you said with switching the titles.  

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Ooh good point.  Then McIntyre goes to SD or it's like you said with switching the titles.  

That would be badass. I remember How hyped I was back in 05 when Cena went to Raw and Batista went to smackdown. I love it when they do that. Mac on SD will hopefully be able to shine and be in the main event scene consistently. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That would be badass. I remember How hyped I was back in 05 when Cena went to Raw and Batista went to smackdown. I love it when they do that. Mac on SD will hopefully be able to shine and be in the main event scene consistently. 

McIntyre definitely deserves to be in the main even scene. Hopefully he does go to Smackdown. He's finally fulfilling his potential and showing why Vince pushed him with his "Chosen One" gimmick back in 2009-2010.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope I am shocked, but probably not.  The key words are in Smackdown's history.  Think it is someone on roster already? Although the Rock was on SmackDown and that's pretty big as far as WWE standards. I bet tonight overall will have more action than last night.  I saw where travel issues caused the script to change to Raw somewhat so wondering if they will make up for it tonight.  Didn't do too bad with some picks.  Other than CM Punk to Raw,  I got a few of them.  Andrade and Lacy were good ones.  

Side note,  I really enjoyed Lacy debut. I think that's one I am going to like to watch.  Not only for the obvious reasons ;)

Edited by AUBwins

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I hope I am shocked, but probably not.  The key words are in Smackdown's history.  Think it is someone on roster already? Although the Rock was on SmackDown and that's pretty big as far as WWE standards. I bet tonight overall will have more action than last night.  I saw where travel issues caused the script to change to Raw somewhat so wondering if they will make up for it tonight.  Didn't do too bad with some picks.  Other than CM Punk to Raw,  I got a few of them.  Andrade and Lacy were good ones.  

Side note,  I really enjoyed Lacy debut. I think that's one I am going to like to watch.  Not only for the obvious reasons ;)

I know I am biased but I swear Smackdown be STAYING kicking Raws ass. Like THIS IS HOW A SUPER STAR SHAKE UP SHOULD GO!!!! That was so much fun!!! OMGSH!!!!! My favorite division in ALL OF WWE The Smackdowns women division GOT EVEN MORE LOADED!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!! DREAM TEAM BABY!!! Out of my favorites I only lost The Usos and Andrade to Raw and Rollins and Alexa Bliss staying on Raw. I am a very very happy BLUE BRAND fan right now. WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Dude Lacey Evans SHOWED ME SOMETHING LAST NIGHT!!!!!! She can talk AND she can wrestle?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!! That moonsault she did was bad ass to the bone. BUT MAN The Raw womens division got gutted. The only ones worth a damn are Becky, Alexa Bliss, Sasha, (hope she stays) Lacey Evans, Ruby Riott and Naomi. THIN THIN SUPER THIN. 

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know I am biased but I swear Smackdown be STAYING kicking Raws ass. Like THIS IS HOW A SUPER STAR SHAKE UP SHOULD GO!!!! That was so much fun!!! OMGSH!!!!! My favorite division in ALL OF WWE The Smackdowns women division GOT EVEN MORE LOADED!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!! DREAM TEAM BABY!!! Out of my favorites I only lost The Usos and Andrade to Raw and Rollins and Alexa Bliss staying on Raw. I am a very very happy BLUE BRAND fan right now. WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Dude Lacey Evans SHOWED ME SOMETHING LAST NIGHT!!!!!! She can talk AND she can wrestle?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!! That moonsault she did was bad ass to the bone. BUT MAN The Raw womens division got gutted. The only ones worth a damn are Becky, Alexa Bliss, Sasha, (hope she stays) Lacey Evans, Ruby Riott and Naomi. THIN THIN SUPER THIN. 

Yes I am with you.  Smackdown is gonna roll. 

Clearly the thought was Smackdown will showcase the women.  Being Becky has the belts, she can carry over to Smackdown as well.  Looooove Paige being a manager.  She needs to have air time.  Hey I got half a flying pirate lol.  That team is going to be great.  Truly stacked and exciting. 

Raw is pushing the tag team more, adding Usos, War Raiders (oh yea, Viking Experience), Ricochet and Black being staples, to go with heavy machinery from a few months ago. 

Oh and Big O with New Day was awesome!

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes I am with you.  Smackdown is gonna roll. 

Clearly the thought was Smackdown will showcase the women.  Being Becky has the belts, she can carry over to Smackdown as well.  Looooove Paige being a manager.  She needs to have air time.  Hey I got half a flying pirate lol.  That team is going to be great.  Truly stacked and exciting. 

Raw is pushing the tag team more, adding Usos, War Raiders (oh yea, Viking Experience), Ricochet and Black being staples, to go with heavy machinery from a few months ago. 

Oh and Big O with New Day was awesome!

When Becky eventually drops the smackdown belt which I bet will be when some smackdown woman heel (hope it is Mandy Rose) cashes in on her at Money in the Bank I bet she will hold the raw title for awhile and just stay on that brand. Honestly her AND Rollins are the faces of Raw. Becky is not just the face of the Raw womens division she is the face of the whole show with Monday Night Rollins. DUDE YES!!!! So glad Paige is going to stick around man. She is good at what she does and will be the perfect mouthpiece for Kairi and Asuka. Cannot wait for Paige and the IIconics to do battle on the mic. 

Raw def needed that boost and huge shot in the arm for their tag team division. It was so weak beforehand. POOR WAR RAIDERS. That was a God tier wrestling name. Viking Experience? GTFO MAN! 

HAHAHAA YES!!!!! Kevin Owens is so good man! Great heel and great face!

• Love 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH this is going to be SOOOOOOOOOO unbelievably bad that it is going to be good!!!! LMAO

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH this is going to be SOOOOOOOOOO unbelievably bad that it is going to be good!!!! LMAO

I don't have a clue which way this is going to go, which is what makes Bray Wyatt so good.  He's nuts.  Haha. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I don't have a clue which way this is going to go, which is what makes Bray Wyatt so good.  He's nuts.  Haha. 

Perfectly summed up bro!!!! Bray is so freaking nuts that it def is going to work! lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I laughed my ass off at this tonight.  A freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse riff?  Totally in.

Also, Mr. Roode....your stache is absolutely GLORIOUS!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I laughed my ass off at this tonight.  A freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse riff?  Totally in.

WE ALLLLLLLLL Have been waiting for HEEL Roode. SO glad that time is very near. He is a absolute amazing heel. They should of not waited this long to turn him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

If Tom Selleck were a wrestler ...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If Tom Selleck were a wrestler ...

I was thinking 2nd coming of the Ravishing One.

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I was thinking 2nd coming of the Ravishing One.

Me too! I almost said he was looking like his father thinking they were related, but further review showed they are of no relation.  His character when starting TNA was actually created to mimick Rick. At least that's what the not always reliable Wiki says. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Meh.  They both bore the hell out of me.

• Haha 2