Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I love Rosemary, but do wonder how many folks AEW will actually sign.  Khan has made it clear that the person has to be the right fit for them to offer a contract.  I actually love that, but it puts a damper on the everyone to AEW train.

Understood but he’s going to have to add more women to the roster with him talking about things like having a women’s tagteam division.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

You mentioned her in an earlier conversation but Shayna Baszler seems like a great fit. 

She would but Tessa Blanchard would be even better. Her contract is up next year with impact.  If both companies are smart WWE and AEW will get an a bidding war for her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

She would but Tessa Blanchard would be even better. Her contract is up next year with impact.  If both companies are smart WWE and AEW will get an a bidding war for her.

She was one half of the best match I've ever seen in person.  Tessa v Rachel Ellering I at WrestleCircus.  Amazing stuff.  Their rematch was great too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

AEW event tonight! With a hurricane going outside, not much else to do but watch. Just hope I keep power. 

SmartSelect_20190713-162504_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20190713-162451_Samsung Internet.jpg

Moxley had his 1st G1 match today in Japan & won. His double underhook DDT has a different name there. It's called the Death Rider & is a full on spike DDT. It's better than his paradigm Shift in AEW IMO.

Another fun night from AEW.  Just nice to see authentic wrestling with an edge.  Most matches have closed well despite some slow starts.  They have some really good tag teams. The loose officiating on the tags may allow things to be a little chaotic at times but provides some excitement. Best move of the night was the tag team thrown aerial sit down power bomb by a boy and his dragon.  (Jungle boy and Luchasaurus). Can't even explain it well, but I will try.  IIRC Luchasaurus flipped the opponent over his head, slightly to his right... opponent forward in the air ... to be caught in perfect power bomb position on the way down by Jungle boy.  Another highlight was a super frankensteiner from a guy standing up on the top turnbuckle.  Wow. Kenny O stole the show with his match against Cima. Main event Tag between Rhodes bros vs Young Bucks delivered as well.  Women's division has some talent but needs more like we said earlier.

I watched AEW last night.  I got a little bored honestly.  Too many of the same style of matches and most went a bit too long.  Shave time off of the Page match and the main event for sure and they would have been better.  Thought it was the weakest show AEW has put out so far.

Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb in the G1 today. Can't wait to watch it. For those that don't know Cobb is a freakishly athletic & strong big man fron Hawaii. He was Mantanza on Lucha Unmderground.

• Like 1

I am going to love this new Bray Wyatt character.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb in the G1 today. Can't wait to watch it. For those that don't know Cobb is a freakishly athletic & strong big man fron Hawaii. He was Mantanza on Lucha Unmderground.

I love his backstage promos. 

• Love 2

I cannot wait for this!!! Absolutely no idea the direction they are going with this. BUT I AM EXCITED!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I cannot wait for this!!! Absolutely no idea the direction they are going with this

The straightforward guess is the universe and therefore universal title.

Is anyone else besides me bored with Brock Lesnar as universal champion?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would actually find it refreshing to see Seth win it back at Summerslam.  I think a long run by Brock would hurt any momentum they are trying to build.  Then again Heyman is running Raw and the advocate for the blah blah Brock Lesnar!  I want Brock to get into a feud without the title in mind.  I would have been cool with Orton making another run at him as well. 

• Thanks 1

That women's #1 contender match was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I got so bored I just FFed to the finish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

That women's #1 contender match was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I got so bored I just FFed to the finish.

With mediocre talent. Everyone let them know it too.  Becky has risen to a whole other level. I know they are pushing the hometown angle with Natalya but of those participating I would have pushed Carmella.  Raw could use Sasha, Shayna or Rhea Ripley (spelling? NXT UK star) more than Smackdown. Ronda coming back would help too. 

Edited by AUBwins

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I thought that to until they pulled him from the battle royal last night. Now I am even more intrigued because I for sure thought it was that and he was going to win.

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

With mediocre talent. Everyone let them know it too.  Becky has risen to a whole other level. I know they are pushing the hometown angle with Natalya but of those participating I would have pushed Carmella.  Raw could use Sasha, Shayna or Rhea Ripley (spelling? NXT UK star) more than Smackdown. Ronda coming back would help too. 

I have never been interested in Natalya whatsoever but man that post match promo she cut last night was awesome! At least for 1 night I am actually interested in a match between them. They really were backed in to a corner. Unless Sasha or Ronda was going to return no raw woman has the star power to be in a championship match with Becks for the third biggest PPV of the year.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Alexa was visibly upset during the match with the crowd. She looked like she was about to break down. I felt bad for her.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I thought that to until they pulled him from the battle royal last night. Now I am even more intrigued because I for sure thought it was that and he was going to win.

He basically said his end game is wrestlemania so it still could happen in theory.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Alexa was visibly upset during the match with the crowd. She looked like she was about to break down. I felt bad for her.

She probably knew it was booked too long also. She's not a good straight up wrestler IMO but when she's a heel she carries an in ring story well usually IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

She probably knew it was booked too long also. She's not a good straight up wrestler IMO but when she's a heel she carries an in ring story well usually IMO.

Exactly! I am def not a fan of her for her superior wrestling ability. I am a big fan of hers because she is a amazing and entertaining promo.

• Like 2

Seth's 3 month run as champ was boring. I know people don't like Lesnar being champ but let's be honest, taking him out of the picture didn't make Seth Rollins run as champ good. WWE needs to put Braun, Lashley, McIntyre, etc... into the title picture. Having Corbin-Rollins face each other at 3 straight ppv's killed any excitement in Seth being champ. 

I'm just sick of seeing a rotating fued between Lesnar-Rollins or Lesnar-Reigns. It's always a combination of the Shield guys vs Lesnar. It's getting old. They need other guys in the main even scene besides those 3 and Baron Corbin... lol

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

Seth's 3 month run as champ was boring. I know people don't like Lesnar being champ but let's be honest, taking him out of the picture didn't make Seth Rollins run as champ good. WWE needs to put Braun, Lashley, McIntyre, etc... into the title picture. Having Corbin-Rollins face each other at 3 straight ppv's killed any excitement in Seth being champ. 

I'm just sick of seeing a rotating fued between Lesnar-Rollins or Lesnar-Reigns. It's always a combination of the Shield guys vs Lesnar. It's getting old. They need other guys in the main even scene besides those 3 and Baron Corbin... lol

You just gave the 1 and only reason Rollins reign could be considered "boring". It is because Corbin is the ultimate cooler. Dude has GO HOME heat. Not omgsh this guy is such a great heel heat. Everything he is involved in freaking sucks. NO ONE is asking for him to be featured on t.v. And def not in the main event scene. At least we got the awesome Styles vs Rollins match at MITB. That was freaking awesome.

• Love 1

On 7/16/2019 at 1:10 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I didn't.  In a weird way, she should be happy.  10 years ago during a boring women's match the chant would have been "We want puppies".  Women's match in this instance was heckled just like a crappy men's match would have been.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You just gave the 1 and only reason Rollins reign could be considered "boring". It is because Corbin is the ultimate cooler. Dude has GO HOME heat. Not omgsh this guy is such a great heel heat. Everything he is involved in freaking sucks. NO ONE is asking for him to be featured on t.v. And def not in the main event scene. At least we got the awesome Styles vs Rollins match at MITB. That was freaking awesome.

With due respect Seth's reign was boring because it was sh** booked on the whole. Baron SNORE-bin wasn't the only cause.