Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! I had to look that up. It would seem that somebody involved in choosing the release date has troll game. 

WOW!  I'm so deep into the internet wrestling commentary that I didn't even put together that 4/10 was a release date.  I just immediately thought it was a Bret Hart reference.  I need a life.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

WOW!  I'm so deep into the internet wrestling commentary that I didn't even put together that 4/10 was a release date.  I just immediately thought it was a Bret Hart reference.  I need a life.

Brett got screwed!

So here's what we know for Mania.

Lesnar vs Reigns

Styles vs Nakamura

Steph/HHH vs Rousey/Angle

Asuka vs Charlotte

Balor vs Rollins vs Miz

Cruiserwieght tournament finals

Here's what I expect to be added:

Nia vs Alexa

Bayley vs Banks

Shane/partner vs Zayn/Owens

Usos vs Bludgeon Bros vs New Day

Orton vs Roode vs Jinder

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So here's what we know for Mania.

Lesnar vs Reigns

Styles vs Nakamura

Steph/HHH vs Rousey/Angle

Asuka vs Charlotte

Balor vs Rollins vs Miz

Cruiserwieght tournament finals

Here's what I expect to be added:

Nia vs Alexa

Bayley vs Banks

Shane/partner vs Zayn/Owens

Usos vs Bludgeon Bros vs New Day

Orton vs Roode vs Jinder

charlotte vs asuka should main event. but it won't........ only piece left is strowman. GET THESE HANDS!

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

charlotte vs asuka should main event. but it won't........ only piece left is strowman. GET THESE HANDS!

The rumor is that the women will main event next year in NYC, featuring Rousey.

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The rumor is that the women will main event next year in NYC, featuring Rousey.

It should be charlotte vs rousey. that is your money match. That is what we have all been waiting for!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return!  YES! YES! YES!

wow. I am at a loss for words. he is easily my all time favorite wrestler ever. I do not even know what to say. This is seriously one of the best news I could of ever got! THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!

• Haha 1

e r.gif

eerrer.gif

tr.gif

I'm right there with you man.  So giddy.  On the road for work tonight and planned to go to dinner around 7.  Gonna watch the opening of Smackdown first now.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

?

Not many things are as depressing as those balding old guys still trying to rock their metal hair from the 80s and 90s. May he enjoy his newfound freedom. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

PLEASE ANY FRICKIN MATCH BESIDES MR BEEEEEE  LEEEEEEE IN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK Roman Reigns being the main event again!!!! Only hogan has main evented at least 4 in a row. He is not even close to that level of star.

Edited by GwillMac6

Holy crap NXT Takeover was AMAZING tonight!   Mania stands no chance of matching that show.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Holy crap NXT Takeover was AMAZING tonight!   Mania stands no chance of matching that show.

hahahah OH MAN every year since they started doing this the night before the rumble mania and summerslam that is always the case!!!! THEY TORE THE GOT DANG ROOF OFF THE PLACE TONIGHT!!! WOOOO!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahah OH MAN every year since they started doing this the night before the rumble mania and summerslam that is always the case!!!! THEY TORE THE GOT DANG ROOF OFF THE PLACE TONIGHT!!! WOOOO!!

Every match was crazy good, but that Gargano/Ciampa match was poetry.  Any old school wrestling fan can appreciate that.  It was on a Tully/Magnum T.A. hatred level for a bloodfeud.  Amazing storytelling.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Every match was crazy good, but that Gargano/Ciampa match was poetry.  Any old school wrestling fan can appreciate that.  It was on a Tully/Magnum T.A. hatred level for a bloodfeud.  Amazing storytelling.

HAHAHAH you def going old school with a tully reference!!! I love it...... AND I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!! The best matches every year at mania seem to be the ones with the least amount of hype for the past several of them with some exceptions. I expect the triple threat IC match to steal the show and even as a huge seth man I am just not excited for it because he should be in the main event scene not the got dang mid card. what do you think mr brad?! 

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAH you def going old school with a tully reference!!! I love it...... AND I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!! The best matches every year at mania seem to be the ones with the least amount of hype for the past several of them with some exceptions. I expect the triple threat IC match to steal the show and even as a huge seth man I am just not excited for it because he should be in the main event scene not the got dang mid card. what do you think mr brad?! 

Show stealer tomorrow will be the tag team TLC between the Bludgeon Bros/Usos/New Day.  Usos finally getting a match on the main card and I think they deliver something super fun here.

Nakamura/Styles should be great too if they give it at least 20 minutes.

Expecting a Shane heel turn on Bryan in that match, but excited for DB's return. 

And the sneaky good match is on the pre-show.  Ali vs Alexander could be GREAT if they get at least 15 minutes.

22 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Show stealer tomorrow will be the tag team TLC between the Bludgeon Bros/Usos/New Day.  Usos finally getting a match on the main card and I think they deliver something super fun here.

Nakamura/Styles should be great too if they give it at least 20 minutes.

Expecting a Shane heel turn on Bryan in that match, but excited for DB's return. 

And the sneaky good match is on the pre-show.  Ali vs Alexander could be GREAT if they get at least 15 minutes.

MUHHHHHH DUDE!!! we on the same page. I personally think the MVP of this whole year in wrasslin has been the USOS!!!! They have been amazing ON THE MIC in the ring backstage interviews social media YOU NAME IT they have brought it!! #dayoneish indeed!!! About freaking time they finally get a mania match. They better win or I am going to personally riot! lol. They are my favorite act going in the E right now. MAN I am going to be so heated when shane costs d bry his return match. He is 4-1 all time at mania. I badly want him to get to 5-1. FOR ONCE GIVE US THE FANS WHAT WE WANT! you are right though shane is going to turn heel.

• Like 1