Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With due respect Seth's reign was boring because it was sh** booked on the whole. Baron SNORE-bin wasn't the only cause.

Just once I want someone just to come out and say WITH ALL DUE DISRESPECT!!!! hahaha. That would be awesome. But seriously I just choose to blame it on corbin. I mean you cannot wrestle Corbin for 3 straight PPV's and have any chance of it being a successful reign.  That is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just once I want someone just to come out and say WITH ALL DUE DISRESPECT!!!! hahaha. That would be awesome. But seriously I just choose to blame it on corbin. I mean you cannot wrestle Corbin for 3 straight PPV's and have any chance of it being a successful reign.  That is a recipe for disaster.

Agreed on the Corbin paint. Sorry if my with do respect statement bugged you but given my history I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t taking a shot or anything.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Agreed on the Corbin paint. Sorry if my with do respect statement bugged you but given my history I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t taking a shot or anything.

Hahaha I am not serious 84% of the time around here. When in Doubt I am most likely joking and just trying to have fun.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahaha I am not serious 84% of the time around here. When in Doubt I am most likely joking and just trying to have fun.

I know but you have made similar statements about with all due respect comments  at other times so it seems like there may be some real annoyance there.

Will Ospreay vs. Okada was the main event in the G1 tournament today. My boy Ospreay, who I am dubbing wrestling's version of the "Human Highlight Reel", lost but it was an amazing match.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Will Ospreay vs. Okada was the main event in the G1 tournament today. My boy Ospreay, who I am dubbing wrestling's version of the "Human Highlight Reel", lost but it was an amazing match.

Do you think Ospreay goes to AEW in the future? 

17 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Do you think Ospreay goes to AEW in the future? 

Only if AEW & NJPW agree to a talent share a la NJPW & ROH. He says he likes NJPW because it allows him to be closer to home. I'm guessing he means less appearrances scheduled with NJPW allowing him to be home more because most flights from England to Japan is longer than most flights from England to most of the US. Interesting note, his GF is Bea Priestley who is an AEW wrestler.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

note, his GF is Bea Priestley who is an AEW wrestler.

That IS interesting. I would love to see him wrestle on a weekly basis

ALL I FREAKING WANT from this Raw Reunion is a appearance by my boy MR WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME WHAT I FREAKING WANT VINCE!!!!!!!!! lol. I would mark TF out if I heard his music come on! He had one of the BEST and prettiest finishing moves EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

dsdds.gif

AEW must bring it on the first live show.  Can't wait. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Is that jungle boy? Can’t really tell what’s going on there.

Yes. He went to his dads billboard in hollywood for his movie that opened today in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. RIP Luke Perry. This was his last big role he filmed before he died. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

DREAM FREAKING MATCH!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! I AM SO SO SO SO SO FREAKING HYPED FOR THIS!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I know I am heaaaaaavily biased but this should main event. There is not 1 other match on the card bigger and better than this one. Throw in they are in Trish's home country?!?! I MEAN COME ON!!! GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!!!!  Also this is how they should book Charlotte when she is not in the title scene. Have her in marquee non title feuds.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

DREAM FREAKING MATCH!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! I AM SO SO SO SO SO FREAKING HYPED FOR THIS!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I know I am heaaaaaavily biased but this should main event. There is not 1 other match on the card bigger and better than this one. Throw in they are in Trish's home country?!?! I MEAN COME ON!!! GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!!!!  Also this is how they should book Charlotte when she is not in the title scene. Have her in marquee non title feuds.

I respect Trish & she is awesome but for me Lita was the original GOAT of that division. I'd rather see a Lita-Charlotte match.

I respect Trish & she is awesome but for me Lita was the original GOAT of that division. I'd rather see a Lita-Charlotte match.

Hey one at a time!!! We can only do these era vs era matches 1 big ppv at a time! Look how long it took us to get our first! haha. Trish and Charlotte makes a lot more sense than Charlotte vs Lita. I WOULD however LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Lita vs Becky at Survivor Series. I would be so totally down for that. That would be a lot of fun.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hey one at a time!!! We can only do these era vs era matches 1 big ppv at a time! Look how long it took us to get our first! haha. Trish and Charlotte makes a lot more sense than Charlotte vs Lita. I WOULD however LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Lita vs Becky at Survivor Series. I would be so totally down for that. That would be a lot of fun.

Yes please! My 2 favorite Lass-kickers!

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

WOOOOOO LETS GOOO!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN VINCE!!! PAY LITA AND MAKE IT WORTH HER WHILE!!!!

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ab-so-freaking-lutely!  That'd be epic. 

RIP to a true legend. 8 time World Champ Harley Race has passed away...

A true legend. I watched him wrestle Tommy Rich, Mr Wrestling 2 and Wahoo McDaniel in Columbus, GA back in the late 70's. Tough to see these legends pass away. They were part of a truly Golden Era of wrestling.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The wrestling observer newsletter came out yesterday and they said there are two new matches to be expected for summer slam. One is Roman Reigns versus Daniel Bryan and the other is Goldberg versus Dolph Zigler.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Goldberg versus Dolph Zigler.

Hope GB has a better showing if so.  The last one pained my heart.  I can see the disrespect card of Dolf against legends and the legends stepping up against Dolf. Interesting.