Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Haha.  Rey brought backup.  Didn't see that storyline coming.  The 1 move squash on Kofi was stupid.  I knew it wouldn't last long and Brock would be Champ,  but 1 move? 

Kofi deserved better man!!!!! All these past several months building him up and for it to end like that!? Come on now!!!! And man they just refuse to have Lesnar have a real match on raw or smackdown. SMH. The looks on mark Henry and Goldberg face.... They were not pleased with that either.

Production value was so great though!!! Loved the new set and the new ac DC theme song. It gives it a big time feel to it!!! Wooooo!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1

The ladder match completely stole the show!!!! That was freaking amazing!!!! KO and Shane o Mac put their bodies totally on the line there. Lakers owner Jeannie buss was front row and she was freaking out the whole match with all the big spots.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Production value was so great though!!! Loved the new set and the new ac DC theme song. It gives it a big time feel to it!!! Wooooo!!!!

Set was massive!! Looks like a PPV every week now.  Can't wait for the draft now to see who will be on Smackdown.  Hope there is a balance of big names on both. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kofi deserved better man!!!!! All these past several months building him up and for it to end like that!? Come on now!!!! And man I just refuse to have Lesnar have a real match on raw or smackdown. SMH. The looks on mark Henry and Goldberg face.... They were not pleased with that either.

Smackdown was SO good up until the last match. If you're going to introduce the Cain/Brock feud why not have Cain come out right before the bell starts? That way you can have Brock running scared like a little you-know-what, and Kofi keeps his title and you still get the feud but you don't throw out the entire year of building up Kofi by squashing in less than 10 seconds. Unless their plan is to put the title on Cain and then I might be completely done with WWE. The ending left such a sour taste in my mouth.

• Thanks 2

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Smackdown was SO good up until the last match. If you're going to introduce the Cain/Brock feud why not have Cain come out right before the bell starts? That way you can have Brock running scared like a little you-know-what, and Kofi keeps his title and you still get the feud but you don't throw out the entire year of building up Kofi by squashing in less than 10 seconds. Unless their plan is to put the title on Cain and then I might be completely done with WWE. The ending left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Well said.  WWE will sink themselves trying to out perform AEW. Such a dissatisfying end.  

54 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Set was massive!! Looks like a PPV every week now.  Can't wait for the draft now to see who will be on Smackdown.  Hope there is a balance of big names on both. 

I think with Lesnar now being champ and Smackdown on network tv they are going to stack the deck like how they used to always have Raw be the much superior roster. I can see Becky losing to Sasha at Hell in a Cell and then moving to Smackdown.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think with Lesnar now being champ and Smackdown on network tv they are going to stack the deck like how they used to always have Raw be the much superior roster. I can see Becky losing to Sasha at Hell in a Cell and then moving to Smackdown.

My thinking as well.  Sasha is a suitable opponent to beat Becky for sure.  It was almost like a passing of torch so to speak with Becky and Rock.  Amazing how many legends want to do promos with her.  Stone Cold on his show,  and now Rock.  She is a star. Her and Charlotte will probably be together on Smackdown.  Just great chemistry as partners or enemies.  Did Ronda have a baby yet?  That would be a huge surprise if she came looking for Becky on Smackdown during draft. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My thinking as well.  Sasha is a suitable opponent to beat Becky for sure.  It was almost like a passing of torch so to speak with Becky and Rock.  Amazing how many legends want to do promos with her.  Stone Cold on his show,  and now Rock.  She is a star. Her and Charlotte will probably be together on Smackdown.  Just great chemistry as partners or enemies.  Did Ronda have a baby yet?  That would be a huge surprise if she came looking for Becky on Smackdown during draft. 

YAH JUST RUB IT IN ABOUT BECKY SOME MORE WHY DONT YA WINS?!?!?! hahahahaha. SO JEALOUS all these segments with legends she gets and all these commercials on ESPN and fox she is getting. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Ronda is actually on the fox show 9-1-1 now. She never got preggers. I think like most people who did not grow up for a passion for the business she just has no desire to do the intense grind that is a wwe schedule with all the grueling house shows. I can see her coming back if she only has to do TV and PPV only. I AM SOOOOOO SICK of anything Becky and Charlotte together or even in the same vicinity. BUT I much rather muhhhhhhhh girl Charlotte be on Smackdown and not on Raw. I freaking hate Monday Night Raw. I have not watched it in months. I have always been a Smackdown guy but especially lately and moving forward. I wish Becky would stay on Raw but I do not see that happening. BUT HEY! Maybe she will and stay with her future husband. 

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Becky, Charlotte and Ronda carried the business.

I would say WWE not the business. AEW as an alternative to WWE has been a bigger storyline for the business IMO.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Becky's rise from mediocrity was instantaneous the moment she turned on Charlotte.

That was part of it but Nia Jax carelessly busting her face & how Becky handled it put her over the top..

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Rey brought backup.  Didn't see that storyline coming.

It had been rumored through wrestling media on the net. For those who don't know Cain Velasquez beat Brock for the UFC heavyweight championship in 1 round via TKO when Brock was UFC champ. I've seen Cain in AAA wrestling 2 times the past couple months. He's been really good. This should be a good story as long as it's not messed up.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The ladder match completely stole the show!!!! That was freaking amazing!!!! KO and Shane o Mac put their bodies totally on the line there. Lakers owner Jeannie buss was front row and she was freaking out the whole match with all the big spots.

I thought it was just ok as far as ladder matches go & too short. For careers to be on the line it needs to be at least a 20 minute match.

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

From the moment the Kofi-Brock match was announce there was absolutely no chance Kofi was winning that match. That being a given, Cain's come out was fine. I agree with GWill & AUBwins though that Kofi deserves better. It should have been a legit match. Basically for me they crammed a 3 hour show into a 2 hour show. With it being the first night on Fox it should have been a 3 hour special so some things weren't rushed. On being done with the WWE if Cain wins the belt, I would watch Cain first. He's been impressive in the matches he's been in so far by nearly all accounts.

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Did Ronda have a baby yet?  That would be a huge surprise if she came looking for Becky on Smackdown during draft. 

If/when Ronda comes back the WWE is hoping & trying to set up a 4 Horsewomen of WWE vs 4 Horsewomen of UFC angle.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I AM SOOOOOO SICK of anything Becky and Charlotte together or even in the same vicinity.

Disagree. I can watch them together or against each other all day long. They are 2 of the best in the world & have great chemistry together or as rivals.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:30 PM, AUBwins said:

Probably the top 3 tag teams in the World on same show. 

3 of the top 10 IMO. I also think SCU is in the top 10 so that's 4. Other greats outside AEW: G.O.D.-Gorillas Of Destiny (IWGP World Champs for NJPW), Briscoe Brothers (ROH Champs), Undisputed Era-specifically O'reilly & Fish (NXT Champs), The Usos. The Revival (When the WWE let's them do their thing), & The New Day.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

From the moment the Kofi-Brock match was announce there was absolutely no chance Kofi was winning that match. That being a given, Cain's come out was fine. I agree with GWill & AUBwins though that Kofi deserves better. It should have been a legit match. Basically for me they crammed a 3 hour show into a 2 hour show. With it being the first night on Fox it should have been a 3 hour special so some things weren't rushed. On being done with the WWE if Cain wins the belt, I would watch Cain first. He's been impressive in the matches he's been in so far by nearly all accounts.

Oh, yeah, I knew that Kofi was gonna lose I just don't really agree with it. About Cain winning, I've heard a lot of good stuff about him but it's more that I wish WWE would just push the people they already have that deserve to be pushed. Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, Rusev, Strowman, Richochet, Buddy Murphy, Cedric Alexander, Aleister Black ... the list goes on and on and on. WWE does an absolutely horrible job of pushing guys who were great in NXT and deserve it but have no qualms about bringing in a UFC guy (or girl) and pushing them to the moon over the stars who have worked their asses off.

Also, the weirdest thing about the ending to me was that they had like 4-6 minutes of the two guys just staring at each other and doing nothing else. Why couldn't those 4-6 minutes be given to the Kofi/Brock "match" and not make Kofi look like a chump?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I would say WWE not the business. AEW as an alternative to WWE has been a bigger storyline for the business IMO.

That was part of it but Nia Jax carelessly busting her face & how Becky handled it put her over the top..

I meant WWE and not as a whole.  Yes you are correct.  The busted nose situation started put her claim in as a true badass and started the major push towards wrestlemania. IMO changed the match at WM altogether.  Instead of Charlotte vs Ronda, Becky essentially took that spot.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I wish WWE would just push the people they already have that deserve to be pushed. Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, Rusev, Strowman, Richochet, Buddy Murphy, Cedric Alexander, Aleister Black ... the list goes on and on and on

Agreed!

11 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Why couldn't those 4-6 minutes be given to the Kofi/Brock "match" and not make Kofi look like a chump?

Agreed again! WWE is catching hell from fans about that.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 7:57 AM, AUBwins said:

IMO changed the match at WM altogether.

It definitely did. From the moment Ronda signed with WWE the plan was for her & Charlotte at Wrestlemania. Becky changed that.

I don't know if y'all heard but apparently most of the fans started booing & chanting AEW after Smackdown went off the air because the fans in LA did not get to see some guys the WWE promised for the event like Stone Cold & Undertaker.

• Love 1

The interesting part is AEW doesn't have to try to compete with WWE, just themselves.  WWE is trying to make it a competition thinking they will sink them eventually.  If it makes WWE better than so be it.  AEW just feels like it will be great on its own. 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Holy crap! If WWE wanted to really give AEW all of the viewers than they're doing a great freaking job. I'm not sure how a company can screw up a PPV his bad. I have been watching WWE since the mid to late 90's and I am done with them. They made every bad booking decision, IMO. Ruining Sasha and Bayley's heel turn by having them lose every match and becoming cowardly losers. ANOTHER DQ ending to a HIAC match, and absolutely ruining The Fiend. LOUD chants of Refund, Restart the match, and AEW at the end of the show. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This def was one of the worst PPVs in my lifetime. BUT I got what I wanted and that was CHARLOTTE WINNING!!!!! SO I WAS HAPPY!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! Friday Night Smackdown wa x8938934893489 times better than Hell in a Cell. 

HAHAHA ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!! X pac is one of us!!! 

https://streamable.com/c8cys 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

WWE draft tonight.  Who makes a surprise comeback tonight? 

Correction: Draft is Friday

Edited by AUBwins