Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is my worst nightmare. Charlotte is most likely going to raw now. I deeeeeeeeespise raw. I hate that show. How the hell is it fair raw gets Charlotte, Becky and Alexa? That's the 3 too woman.

Why do you hate Raw so much? I get now that Smackdown going to Fox it will likely be the better show but since Paul Heyman took control of Raw & it's booking the past couple of months Raw has been objectively the vastly superior show.

The Draft was garbage to me. If you're trying to make it believable with war rooms & such then how the hell is Becky, Charlotte, & Brock (as long as he is going to be more full time as has been rumored) not 3 of the 1st 4 picks in the draft. To quote the one good thing Randy Orton has done good on the mic... #StupidStupidStupid

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why do you hate Raw so much? I get now that Smackdown going to Fox it will likely be the better show but since Paul Heyman took control of Raw & it's booking the past couple of months Raw has been objectively the vastly superior show.

Smackdown is the rocks show. Rock is my guy. Raw was always known as Austin's show. It goes back decades. 

But seriously I wanted Charlotte to get her own brand. I wanted that brand to be smackdown. Especially since it is on fox now and has a more big time feel to it. Becky is going to cast a major shadow over Charlotte and Alexa who are my 2 favorite women's wrestlers. I mean there is nothing for them to do as long as becky is champ which doesn't get the feeling that will end anytime soon.

Raw always felt like the sports entertainment show and SmackDown the wrasslin show.

Edited by GwillMac6

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Raw always felt like the sports entertainment show and SmackDown the wrasslin show.

Although now that AEW is in the fold, all of WWE just feels like sports entertainment.  NXT is closest. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is my worst nightmare. Charlotte is most likely going to raw now. I deeeeeeeeespise raw. I hate that show. How the hell is it fair raw gets Charlotte, Becky and Alexa? That's the 3 top woman in the company who are full time.

I think you answered your own question.  If they want to continue to push the women's division, they need to stack it together. They are trying to recreate that magic from last year.  That way Ronda can return to both women she feuded with.  When she's ready of course.  Meanwhile Sasha gets to run roughshed in Smackdown now.  I guess you will have the Bayley vs Sasha angle. Question is where does Liv Morgan go with her new look? My guess is Smackdown for a push. 

Edited by AUBwins

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I think you answered your own question.  If they want to continue to push the women's division, they need to stack it together. They are trying to recreate that magic from last year.  That way Ronda can return to both women she feuded with.  When she's ready of course.  Meanwhile Sasha gets to run roughshed in Smackdown now.  I guess you will have the Bayley vs Sasha angle. Question is where does Liv Morgan go with her new look? My guess is Smackdown for a push. 

Well by putting all their top 3 Women stars on the now B show what does that say about how they feel about womens wrestling? It is pretty obvious that Raw is setting up to be the show with more of the womens stars and Smackdown will have the show with more of the men main eventers. But just looking at who got who tonight? Yah Raw kicked smackdowns ass. 

But it is EGREGIOUS that Becky gets her own division and Charlotte has to go play a supporting role. Like damn they feuded for half a year. Why the hell do they need to be back on the same brand so soon? Like come TF ON! Love Sasha and Bayley but they are more role players and CO Stars than leading ladies. Let Charlotte be the main woman on smackdown and surround her with Sasha and Bayley. Becky, Alexa and 1 more big time woman (Asuka) would be a hell of a womans division on Raw. But of course they did not do that. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Although now that AEW is in the fold, all of WWE just feels like sports entertainment.  NXT is closest. 

This is def true. Hump day is pure good ol fashioned WRASSLIN day.

Edited by GwillMac6

How I have been feeling since smackdown ended........ 

werwer.gif

fssd.gif

erwer.gif

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Smackdown is the rocks show. Rock is my guy. Raw was always known as Austin's show. It goes back decades. 

The Rock is my guy too. I haven't looked at the brands that way in a long time but I understand.

Becky is going to cast a major shadow over Charlotte and Alexa

As awesome & popular as Becky is I don't think that's possible, especially for Charlotte. Charlotte is one of the 2 best Women's wrestlers of all time (Paige being the other for me) & may someday pass Ric's mythical major World title record of 16 (he has the real record at 21). As for Alexa, as long as her body can go I don't think anyone will cast a shadow over her. Little Miss Bliss is the best story teller & the best on the mic.

I mean there is nothing for them to do as long as becky is champ which doesn't get the feeling that will end anytime soon.

Disagree. I think they can continue having great stories together. Charlotte-Becky is one of the 2 (Stratis-Lita) best women's rivalries ever. It's like a Stone Cold-Rock rivalry of the women's division. And if Alexa's body can go it can be the Stone Cold, Rock, Triple H tri-rivalry of the women's division.

I think what happens if Charlotte goes to Raw is with Smackdown getting the bigger men characters & stories Fox & USA agreed to have the 3 biggest women personas on Raw. This barring the blockbuster trade Jay Glazier talked about last night.

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

If they want to continue to push the women's division, they need to stack it together.

If that was the case Sasha would have been drafted on the same show as Becky & Alexa. She's 1 of 5 top tier women's talents.

Sasha gets to run roughshed in Smackdown now.

Not if they do the right thing with Asuka & let her be a singles kick ass machine, which they likely won't.

That way Ronda can return to both women she feuded with.

I'd be willing to bet most of what I own that if/when Ronda comes back she will be on Smackdown with Fox wanting to be more of the MMA feel when they can get it.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Becky gets her own division and Charlotte has to go play a supporting role.

I see them as co stars as kind of referenced earlier. Charlotte will be at the forefront no matter where she is as long as she's healthy.

Sasha and Bayley but they are more role players and CO Stars than leading ladies.

Co stars can be leading ladies. Exactly what I was getting at with Charlotte & Becky. Disagree on Sasha being a role player though. She's big time IMO.

Let Charlotte be the main woman on smackdown and surround her with Sasha and Bayley. Becky, Alexa and 1 more big time woman (Asuka) would be a hell of a womans division on Raw.

Totally on board with this.

NWA Power airs on Tuesday nights at 6:05 on YouTube and Facebook. Show has the look and feel of the old studio wrestling that many of us grew up watching. The premiere episode was last Tuesday October 8th.

I watched the show the other evening and it's refreshing compared to most of the other wrestling shows available. When they allow the wrestlers to do their own promos off-the-cuff instead of memorizing a script is fantastic.

I know it will not be for everyone but it definitely feels a niche in today's wrestling market.

I've always been an NWA and Southern Rasslin fan. 

Edited by Auburn Kev
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who do you think would be considered blockbuster? Clearly Raw is loaded with former cruiserweights and strong women's division. Smackdown has the muscle.   Honestly Raw roster tops Smackdown for now IMO and has a lot of exciting people to watch.  Smackdown didn't change that much. 

Obviously Charlotte is one you'd like to see there

29 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Who do you think would be considered blockbuster? Clearly Raw is loaded with former cruiserweights and strong women's division. Smackdown has the muscle.   Honestly Raw roster tops Smackdown for now IMO and has a lot of exciting people to watch.  Smackdown didn't change that much. 

I think with the Fiend and Rollins still feuding it probaly is likely to do with moving him back to Raw. SMACKDOWNS ROSTER IS TRASH!!!!!!!!!! OMGSH!!! There barely are any actual legit great wrestlers except for Dbry, Ali and Gable!!! OMGSH!!! WHAT WAS THAT?!?!? They are supposed to be the A show and THAT is the roster they gave them?!?!? The womens division which has been my favorite part of WWE for years is not good at all!!! It is Sasha, Bayley and Carmella and a bunch of nobodies!!! Raw got all the top women.

18 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

NWA Power airs on Tuesday nights at 6:05 on YouTube and Facebook. Show has the look and feel of the old studio wrestling that many of us grew up watching. The premiere episode was last Tuesday October 8th.

I watched the show the other evening and it's refreshing compared to most of the other wrestling shows available. When they allow the wrestlers to do their own promos off-the-cuff instead of memorizing a script is fantastic.

It was boring as hell though because the NWA only has 3 worthwhile talents right now in Aldis, Eli Drake, & James Storm. The rest are pretty bad. Also AEW & NXT guys don't have scripts either FWIW.

Smackdown didn't change that much.

Adding Brock & losing Charlotte for now were huge changes for Smackdown.

Does anyone else think Seith burning down the playhouse opened the door for the fiend to take full control of Bray Wyatt? Kind of like split personalities. You have the Fiend & Playhouse Bray.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Here is MOST of the changes of everyone who actually switced brands. At least I THINK. It is hard to remember because of the freaking wild card rule!!! hahaha.

Fiend moved to Smackdown, Orton to Raw, Sasha Banks to Smackdown, Strowman to Smackdown, Lacey Evans to Smackdown, Kevin Owens to Raw, Lesnar to Smackdown, Charlotte and Andrade to Raw,  Rowan to Raw, Kabuki Warriors to Raw, Rusev to Raw, Aleister Black to Raw, Buddy Murphy to Raw, R Truth to Raw, The Miz to Smackdown, Corbin to Smackdown, Sami Zayn to Smackdown and Liv Morgan to Raw.

22 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I know it will not be for everyone but it definitely feels a niche in today's wrestling market.

I've always been an NWA and Southern Rasslin fan. 

This looks really cool. 

• Like 1