Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

The announce crew for AEW makes the entire night so enjoyable to watch. That create an incredible vibe to listen to. Great balance throughout the night of stuff you like and stuff you don't regarding the results. Great show. 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:02 AM, AUBwins said:

The announce crew for AEW makes the entire night so enjoyable to watch. That create an incredible vibe to listen to. Great balance throughout the night of stuff you like and stuff you don't regarding the results. Great show. 

Yup! And now it’s not as easy to tell that Jim Ross doesn’t like the Flippy Dippy stuff. On older broadcasts you could hear him complaining.

• Like 1

CM PUNK!!! CM PUNK!!! CM PUNK!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FREAKING NIGHT BAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

War Games was entertaining. Survivor series is shaping up to be good as well.  What surprises do we see? 

https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-tessa-blanchard-done-with-impact-wrestling/

Ryan McKinnell of Busted Open Radio is reporting that Tessa Blanchard is done with IMPACT Wrestling, and could be heading to either WWE or AEW.

Blanchard is without doubt one of the most gifted wrestlers on the planet, and is one of IMPACT’s biggest stars, so her departure will have a huge impact on the promotion if the report is true.

Tessa Blanchard’s contract with IMPACT is apparently up. Does she stay or does she go?

I’m certainly not one to say. However, I can’t help but feel like the AEW’s women’s division could use a kick. And let’s not forget, that’s where Tully is. Seems like a natural fit, no?

— Ryan McKinnell (@RyanMcKinnell) October 23, 2019

While WWE would probably be able to offer her more money, there is a rather personal reason that could convince her to choose AEW. Her daddy.

Tully Blanchard is working as a manager for Shawn Spears on AEW at the moment, so his influence could be huge in convincing Tessa to sign.

She would be great for AEW women's division.  The boost they need to put it near the top.  Hopefully her dad working there will push her in that direction.  

Edited by AUBwins

Enjoyed AEW this week despite not a whole lot going on. Just good storytelling. Haven’t seen WWE at all yet this week. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've missed a ton lately.  Been working too much.  But a buddy of mine at work, who does not care about wrestling at all, loves him some Luchasaurus!

• Love 2

His character is so unique, what's not to love?  I love the entire faction.  AEW has been a lot of fun. That's the only show I try to watch every week.  

I no longer keep up with Wrestling but I used to watch in the 80s and 90s and my son sent this to me knowing how much I liked Randy Savage. I mean who didn't love the Macho Man. 

Screenshot_20191216-091749~2.png

• Like 1

Edited by AUBwins
Love Alexa and love this ..
  • Love 1

Be interesting to see the ratings when Dynamite comes back on 1/1/20. Hopefully the Dark Order beatdown angle, used to close last nights show,  does not cause people to give up on the promotion.  Add to that the awful Nightmare Collective angle and I can see AEW causing fans to change the channel to nxt or abandoning wrestling completely.

Doubt Vince Russo could come up with something that bad.

Hopefully, during the Christmas hiatus, AEW can resolve some of the issues with their booking and production of the show and come out strong in 2020. I cheering for them to succeed. 

Edited by Auburn Kev

• 2 weeks later...
  • Love 1

Ayyyyyyy another WWE power couple got engaged!!!!! And this time it's muhhhhh favorite wrestler Charlotte involved. She's trying to catch up with Ric for number of marriages I see!!! Lol. Hey hey I'm JK!!!  But in all seriousness I hope this lasts and works out much better than her first 2. Now let's keep pushing Andrade Vince!!!!! Dude is way to talented to only be in the mid card!!! Dude is one of THEEE best wrestlers on the planet!!! TranquiloWOOOOO

Edited by GwillMac6

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ayyyyyyy another WWE power couple got engaged!!!!! And this time it's muhhhhh favorite wrestler Charlotte involved. She's trying to catch up with Ric for number of marriages I see!!! Lol. Hey hey I'm JK!!!  But in all seriousness I hope this lasts and works out much better than her first 2. Now let's keep pushing Andrade Vince!!!!! Dude is way to talented to only be in the mid card!!! Dude is one of THEEE best wrestlers on the planet!!! TranquiloWOOOOO

Fan freaking tastic! Love this.  Agree that Andrade needs that push.  I see they are finally giving it to him.  Big things coming. 

• Love 1

Just watched AEW from this week.  Holy crap that main event was incredible.  Anytime the Young Bucks and Lucha Bros lock up, expect fireworks.  Then add Kenny and Pac, wow.  Everyone made an impact in that match. 

• Love 1

Orange Cassidy is the most OVER person in AEW:

I love how he just falls off the top rope at the 1:15 mark.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Orange Cassidy is the most OVER person in AEW:

I love how he just falls off the top rope at the 1:15 mark.

Haha yea that’s great. I like how he motioned like doing a 450 splash or something, then falls.  He has found a niche and plays it perfectly. I love it. He is actually very helpful to his team, causes a nice distraction. He actually did a few impact moves this week. 

Rocks Dad passed away. RIP Rocky!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch the Jericho Cruise this week?  I thought it was an entertaining show. I thought they did well managing the small areas around the ring, incorporating some high flying maneuvers.   The tag matches were great. PAC has been fantastic.  He and Mox delivered. 

I will say I am disappointed with Britt playing a heel, not the fact she is a heel but she just isn't very good at it right now.  They were running a continuous show and actually went to a break during her promo with Schiavone in the ring.  It was a bad attempt.  Britt is one of my favorites and I think the angle could work but it's something that needs work. 

Still AEW is must watch for me every week.