Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

THE Rock's daughter has signed with the WWE!!!

On 2/7/2020 at 8:21 PM, Brad_ATX said:

I'm so giddy for this week.  Going to see #1 Baylor Monday night for hoops and then AEW Wednesday.  Good times to be had!

And yeah, this episode should be good.  I expect Dustin Rhodes to get a match too since this is his hometown.

Where’s the pics??? Or are you too busy drinking beers with Hangman Page? :drink9:

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Where’s the pics??? Or are you too busy drinking beers with Hangman Page? :drink9:

Just got home.  That show was so fire!  Go to an AEW Show if you ever get the shot.  Seriously one of the best times I've ever had at a wrestling show.

IMG_20200212_181552.jpg

IMG_20200212_185716.jpg

IMG_20200212_201731.jpg

IMG_20200212_201823.jpg

IMG_20200212_201842.jpg

IMG_20200212_204631.jpg

IMG_20200212_204214.jpg

IMG_20200212_204449.jpg

• Love 1

Dang, you were close to the inner circle there! Awesome! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Glad to hear AEW is legit from a live audience standpoint. 

• Like 1

STEEL CAGE, DYNAMITE STYLE!

Cody with an incredible moonsault off the top of a 26' steel cage.  Wow!

Great show tonight.  The sequence with Lucha Bros, Fenix being thrown but turning it into a cutter and Pentagon hitting an incredible running Destroyer, as well as the Cody moonsault gave a couple of holy s*** moments tonight.  That was fun. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen the show yet.  Gotta wait until Saturday.  Traveling for work gets in the way sometimes, but I heard it was great.

On a side note: Guess who's going to Double or Nothing in Vegas?!

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

On a side note: Guess who's going to Double or Nothing in Vegas?!

Thanks for the invite, sounds like fun!😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I haven't seen the show yet.  Gotta wait until Saturday.  Traveling for work gets in the way sometimes, but I heard it was great.

It really was.  AEW is just so refreshing to me.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 10:39 PM, AUBwins said:

It really was.  AEW is just so refreshing to me.  

Here is Cody post cage match. Outstanding.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Here is Cody post cage match. Outstanding.

That’s passion! Thanks for sharing. I love this brand they are building. 

On 11/29/2019 at 8:46 PM, AUBwins said:

https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-tessa-blanchard-done-with-impact-wrestling/

Ryan McKinnell of Busted Open Radio is reporting that Tessa Blanchard is done with IMPACT Wrestling, and could be heading to either WWE or AEW.

Blanchard is without doubt one of the most gifted wrestlers on the planet, and is one of IMPACT’s biggest stars, so her departure will have a huge impact on the promotion if the report is true.

Tessa Blanchard’s contract with IMPACT is apparently up. Does she stay or does she go?

I’m certainly not one to say. However, I can’t help but feel like the AEW’s women’s division could use a kick. And let’s not forget, that’s where Tully is. Seems like a natural fit, no?

— Ryan McKinnell (@RyanMcKinnell) October 23, 2019

While WWE would probably be able to offer her more money, there is a rather personal reason that could convince her to choose AEW. Her daddy.

Tully Blanchard is working as a manager for Shawn Spears on AEW at the moment, so his influence could be huge in convincing Tessa to sign.

She would be great for AEW women's division.  The boost they need to put it near the top.  Hopefully her dad working there will push her in that direction.  

SIAP but apparently Tessa is her own worst enemy & the reason she's not in WWE now. When NWA Women's Champ Allysin Kay called her out on twitter for treating other wrestlers poorly, including for calling a wrestler the N word in Japanese, apparently Tessa DMed other people in the biz trying to dig up dirt on AK but got nothing.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:31 PM, Auburn Kev said:

Be interesting to see the ratings when Dynamite comes back on 1/1/20. Hopefully the Dark Order beatdown angle, used to close last nights show,  does not cause people to give up on the promotion

The Dark Order Angle hasn't been that bad. How good it can be depends on who the leader will be. Matt Hardy is trending now. A guy from Impact I think would be great for the role is Sami Callahan.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:09 PM, AUBwins said:

Britt is one of my favorites

I've seen her jobbed out in way too many companies to get behind her. The best thing about her is she's Adam Cole's BAY BAY!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 10:02 AM, AUBwins said:

Another would be for Shayna to pull it off only for Ronda show up and attack Shayna afterwards

If Ronda comes back she won't turn on Shayna or vice versa for a long time. The WWE would do the 4 Horsewomen of Wrestling vs the 4 Horsewomen of MMA 1st.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:09 PM, AUBwins said:

DIY vs Mustache Mountain was incredibly entertaining at NXT Worlds Collide. Worth the watch. Wow. 

Love me some Tommaso Ciampa. Kinda burned out on Johnny Gargano.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:11 AM, GwillMac6 said:

I wanted to give it at least a day to breathe because of the Kobe and his daughter tragic news. But yes!!! That was wildly unexpected from where I sat. I thought Bazler was def going to win! My favorite Rumble ever because I FINALLY had a favorite of mine win the rumble AND at least from my point of view both were unexpected. I expected Roman to win the Mens Rumble as well!!! Both matches were excellent. The Brock spots were so well laid out and done! They told a great story.

Funny thing is Bazler & Roman were booked to win their rumble matches til the day of or day before the event. What I didn't like about the women's rumble is Bliss & Bianca Belair eliminated relatively early in the match. From that point it was the Charlotte show & no potential drama til Bazler entered at the end.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:11 AM, GwillMac6 said:

And personally I hope BiancaBelair wins at Takeover: Portland and Charlotte faces her for the NXT Title at Mania. DREAM MATCH FOR MUHHHHHHH!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Bianca is bad ass no doubt but Rhea is the bomb. I can't wait for Charlotte & Rhea at Wrestlemania. Easily my most anticipated match. I'm cool if they make it a 3 way with Bianca. Looking forward to Charlotte-Bianca on NXT tomorrow.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:40 AM, ellitor said:

SIAP but apparently Tessa is her own worst enemy & the reason she's not in WWE now. When NWA Women's Champ Allysin Kay called her out on twitter for treating other wrestlers poorly, including for calling a wrestler the N word in Japanese, apparently Tessa DMed other people in the biz trying to dig up dirt on AK but got nothing.

She does seem to have some baggage which is unfortunate, not sure if her dad was that way in the locker room

On 2/25/2020 at 5:57 AM, ellitor said:

If Ronda comes back she won't turn on Shayna or vice versa for a long time. The WWE would do the 4 Horsewomen of Wrestling vs the 4 Horsewomen of MMA 1st.

I would love for this storyline to happen already. That would be epic if done right. Hopefully now all of the participants are ready for the big show. 

On 2/25/2020 at 5:59 AM, ellitor said:

Love me some Tommaso Ciampa. Kinda burned out on Johnny Gargano.

Agreed here.  Ciampa is on another level. 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:08 AM, ellitor said:

Finish her story?

This is more a personal observation than a hearsay from writers but I am referring to Becky making the full 2 year journey; the rise to the title at Wrestlemania, defend it a year and fight Ronda for the title again at Wrestlemania. Honestly the story would work if Ronda or Becky would have won the match but Ronda winning would have been the transition to a new era.  Still think Becky loses it at Mania. She's had her run.  I would love a twist of her holding it at Mania only to relinquish it in her own Becky bad*ss way. Not sure how but she is creative enough to make it work.  Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Still think Becky loses it at Mania.

Agreed. The Man is better in chase mode & Shayna is such a damn good heel champion.

Warning, spoiler from Saudi ...

New champ! The immortal Goldberg!

Screenshot_20200227-180943_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by AUBwins