Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

MLW Kings of Colosseum live on YT rn.  MLW tag champs are the sons of Kevin Von Erich.  the heavyweight champ is the son of The Tonga Kid/Tama of the Islanders.  they also have Davey Boy Smith Jr. and just added Lio Rush formerly of NXT.  

Impact Wrestling footage of Dynamite closing segment and The Bullet Club back together. 

Edited by Paladin

i'm excited about this angle.  Cody and Hangman Page were both Bullet Club at one point...be interesting to see if either gets drawn in.

Interested to see if we get more inter-brand crossover between Impact and AEW.  It's been pretty fun so far.  AEW Dark has alot of free agent/indie guys now as well, along with the NWA women's division crossover.  Would love to see some crossover with MLW and NJPW.

• 2 weeks later...

Amanda Huber on the AEW Unrestricted podcast opening up on the final months of her husband's death.

Edited by Paladin

I figured Orton would win and the Fiend would come out and take him out to finish the show.  Really surprised Alexa got squashed so fast.  Also glad Goldberg didn’t win.  Thought for sure that was the only reason he was coming back.

I watched it...not really a WWE guy these days but the Rumble is always entertaining.  enjoyed the men's rumble and the Roman/KO match was surprisingly good.

Yea the Goldberg match, I was just saying to myself something more than finishers please.  Lol.  Goldberg looked phenomenal as far as being in shape and was secretly hoping maybe they give a better match.  Not sure why he trains so hard with such a limited arsenal in the match.  

I remembered Orton still around and could see the setup with Edge at the end, even predicted the RKO, but did Not anticipate the counter whip. 

Agreed on Alexa.  Was hoping to see a surprise Becky return or Ronda. I don't think Ronda returns with Becky out.  It's just to good of a return option for instant heat for Ronda to come for Becky. 

34 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

don't want to give away what happened on Dynamite last night, but I REALLY hope we see more of it.  

You talking about the end of the show? 

1 minute ago, Paladin said:

You talking about the end of the show? 

Yes!  first off, unbelievable match...but the crossover potential is what i'm referring to.  

• Love 2

Just now, AUMicBK said:

Yes!  first off, unbelievable match...but the crossover potential is what i'm referring to.  

Definitely the crossover potential is intriguing. Interesting tag team match setup for next week's show.

• Like 1

It gets better!

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

AEW has been killing it lately.  It all of a sudden feels like an enormous roster of possibilities with the cross branding.  I really hope we get a bullet club showdown between old and new.  My gosh that would tear it down. 

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

AEW has been killing it lately.  It all of a sudden feels like an enormous roster of possibilities with the cross branding.  I really hope we get a bullet club showdown between old and new.  My gosh that would tear it down. 

i'm all for seeing Jay White and Tama Tanga/Tanga Loa in AEW.  I love the cross promotional stuff.  Idk if anyone here follows NJPW at all, but this was on the heels of Mox showing up on their show NJPW Strong and attacking Kenta.  

in AEW you have the AAA Champion and Tag Team Champions, the NJPW US Champion, the NWA women's champion, and lately, the Impact Tag Team Champs.  fun stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

i'm all for seeing Jay White and Tama Tanga/Tanga Loa in AEW.  I love the cross promotional stuff.  Idk if anyone here follows NJPW at all, but this was on the heels of Mox showing up on their show NJPW Strong and attacking Kenta.  

in AEW you have the AAA Champion and Tag Team Champions, the NJPW US Champion, the NWA women's champion, and lately, the Impact Tag Team Champs.  fun stuff.

I enjoyed the ThunderRosa and Brit match.  There is more to tell there.  I have been a fan of ThunderRosa since she starting wrestling in AEW.  I hope she makes it to AEW full time, even if NWA comes back.  I am looking forward to this #1 contender tourney.  I hope they run most of it on Dynamite. A lot of new names on there, especially from the Japan side.  Interesting Riho is on American side.  Definitely think they are going to keep Japan over seas until maybe the final.  

Cool thing though is that it doesn't really have to emphasize who's on roster if they keep up the cross promoting.  Brings back the best part of wrestling,  the surprise!

Oh and don't you just love wrassling weddings lol.